[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think this is weird or coincidental or something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: a877a2ad65e96000.jpg (714KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
a877a2ad65e96000.jpg
714KB, 1080x1920px
Do you guys think this is weird or coincidental or something?

>Make accidental slip of mention about an ex (bf asked how i got into game of thrones)
>Bf immediately mentions his ex who did something similar with the walking dead

>Tell bf about how i hurt my back
>Bf tells me he didn't want to mention it before so i wouldn't worry but he got some wild vertigo sensation at work that made the room seem like it was upside down

>Tell bf about bad day (i rarely do this, but bf complains quite a bit more)
>bf tells me about something much worse that happened to him

>I tell bf sweet things/compliments
>Bf starts to copy what i say almost word for word on a different occasion

Even some of my gestures and expressions are mimicked by him, i find it really unusual...

He will also almost always correct me on things like the time (i'll say its 2:00, he'll say its 1:58)

Sometimes its really annoying, i don't know if i'm just overreacting though?
>>
If you find it annoying, you should mention it to him. It's pretty normal to pick up gesture and expressions from the people you talk to, especially if you're close, but you make it sound like he's really obnoxious and always has to tell you something beyond what you just told him. You should really call him out on it, don't let the things that annoy you build up.
>>
File: 1393537331257.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1393537331257.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>>17713991

Your boyfriend is kind of shitty. I can't really put my finger on exactly the trait that it is but he's just irritating. It kind of sounds like he just always wants to be the center of attention, like no one around him can have any issues, concerns or life stories that take precedence over his.

Like, on its own its not something I'd say you should end your relationship over but if I had to interact with someone like this on a regular basis I'd set them on fire.

He is who he is. If you can accept it and find ways to work around it, stay with him. If its driving you fucking nuts then leave him. He isn't going to change.
>>
>>17713991
I kind of think it's weird, personally. Obviously all of these things could be seen to be fairly normal but in context if he does this often it sounds like hes saying something that's a more exaggerated version of what you said. Maybe he wants all the attention on him? You should have a calm discussion about this.
>>
>>17714428
This anon gets it, OP.
>>
>>17713991
Narcissism? Low self-esteem? Dunno

Speak to him about it if u find it annoying.
>>
>>17713991
Your bf might have compulsive mirroring disorder in combination with short term memory loss. He feels he needs to say/do something he just forgot who just said/did it. To help him overcome it you can make up stories from fictions that he knows of and punch his balls every time he started mirroring.
>>
He sounds horribly annoying. Could be a need to be the center of attention or just wanting to be more like you, but both scream low self esteem (in a bad way). Red flag.
>>
Thanks guys, i guess he does have some low self esteem... But it seems to balance out his apparent confidence too? Like he'll consider himself to be a good looking guy and he is otherwise very outgoing and sociable.

Its just so weird how he'll mimic me. Another instance:
>Be at dinner with his sister in law's extended family
>Be bored because i'm ignored and dont really have a reason to be there
>Bf is trying to have a good time and chatting while i have a resting bitch face because i'm also tired
>One look at me and suddenly he does the same
>He stops talking to others, just staring at me with the resting bitch face i made a while ago
>Mfw he wasnt even mad, and at the end he says genuinely "well the dinner was amazing, the food was good blah blah"

Just so weird...
>>
I guess sometimes i feel like he's an alien trying to be a human by observing me and doing what he thinks is "correct"?

He can be just so robotic sometimes. It feels calculated? To the books? Something like that? And he is often literal and prefers to be precise.
>>
Do you think he's autistic? He might be trying to learn from you how to behave. I identify with some of the mimicking, as I did it a lot, but to different people.

I have Aspergers, by the way.

I do it when I'm curious and think someone has a better perception of how to behave in certain social environment. It can get pretty annoying, if done too much, though. Let him know it bugs you.

(Yes, it includes conversations. If person A talks about X, I imagine they want me to add to X or contribute to the topic, so I talk about experiences with X and whatnot.)
>>
>>17715092
>One look at me and suddenly he does the same
>He stops talking to others, just staring at me with the resting bitch face i made a while ago
He was making fun of you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.