[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KILL ME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: 1472016346303.png (29KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1472016346303.png
29KB, 882x1289px
I live in a rented house with a childhood friend (we've known eachother forever).

About two years ago, his dad got a divorce and stayed with us for a month or so untill he found an apartment.

Then comes August of last year. Roommate comes up to me and tells me that his dad is going to be staying with us again for a while because after "retiring" from his job, he got "his identity stolen" and lost all his savings.

Almost a year went by and he never got a job and he was throwing away any money he had left and any money his son and his ex-wife (yes, his ex-wife was supporting him out of pity and concern for my buddy) at the fucking bar. By the end of the year he had his truck repo'd and was stuck driving my roommate's truck.

Eventually after enough bitching he got a job around March of this year. Basically an old friend he had hired him on as a contractor doing sheet rock repair, painting, minor electrician shit, etc... He made $100 in cash working five days a week - technically he was making more than I was, working in pizza while trying to finish my degree. He struggled paying the utilities for the house (we weren't charging him rent yet) and his cell phone bill -the only bills he had.

Then all of a sudden I notice he's home when I leave for work (I work evenings, he'd work regular 9-5) 1-3 days a week. Then it was 3-5 days. Then he wasn't working.

Eventually I got tired of seeing his stupid face lying down in the living room watching fucking Home and Garden TV in his pyjamas while I was leaving for work every day.

That was the beginning of September.

I sat down and talked to my roommate telling him that I was sick of his dad's shit and I wasn't going to front for him to my mother anymore - he needed to get out, gave him a soft deadline by the end of the year.

(1/?)
>>
File: 1393823501518.png (50KB, 900x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1393823501518.png
50KB, 900x1151px
>>17712651

He agreed, after all, he's supporting a 51 year old man whilst trying to live his own life. Not only that, but he's a huge annoyance to both of us. He does help out with cleaning here and there, but in the end, he's more or less just annoying, and personally, I haven't brought anyone over that didn't already know him being there because it's awkward as fuck to have to explain why a nearly senior citizen is living with us..

Anyway, after we sat down and talked to him about him getting the fuck out, he got his ass in gear for roughly 10-14 days. Then it was back to him staying up til 2am and then lying on the couch all day watching Netflix while playing on his phone.

I know this is going to sound fucked up, but how can I facilitate him getting kicked out faster without overtly doing so? At this point, I'd rather him not find a job and get kicked out by the end of December. He's perfectly qualified, he used to make 6 figures (which leads me to believe he was fired from his prior job and didn't retire because otherwise he could have just gone back at an equal or lesser pay, but yet here we are).

From what he's told both of us individually is that he has even applied at local grocery stores and hasn't gotten a call back, which might be bullshit or might not be, regardless, he hasn't found a job in a solid month of "looking."

I don't want him to find a job that will just let him scrape by paying the small amount of utilities and rent we pay at the house because that would entail him saving up for a vehicle and an eventual apartment (which is contingent on credit, which I'm sure his is fucked because he has a repo of a truck that was 2 years old at the time that he'd had for a little over a year; also, god knows what else he's fucked up in the meantime).
>>
File: 1465153157240.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1465153157240.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>17712654
This is going to sound callous, but is there any way I can prevent him from finding employment? Either directly or indirectly? I don't want to be there for the additional year of him scrimping together to get a vehicle and apartment, which would likely end up with him drinking it all away.

I'm just tired of him being here.

Here lately I've been keeping the volume on my computer real loud at night since I basically work evenings/nights, so I know I'm waking him up because I'll hear him go out to the garage at 2-4am to smoke a cigarette, even though he doesn't usually wakeup until 7-9am.

This isn't an issue of his last place to live, he has another daughter and 6 months ago he spoke of going to live with his brother in Georgia. He has plenty of options, both in terms of his resume and familial relations. But at the current state, he's just milking us for all he's worth.

PLS HALP

I HATE THIS SHIT.

IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR OF THIS SHIT.
>>
File: 1409552284108.gif (881KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1409552284108.gif
881KB, 200x200px
He's not the perfect roommate, either.

On several occasions, he has been caught:

>smoking my, or especially my roommate's, cigarettes without permissions
>drinking my liquor or the beer that my friends buy when they come over
>leaves the light on in every room where he isn't in
>leaves whole playlists worth of movies playing in the living room after he decides to go to bed - usually with the light on
leaves both the overhead light and vent feature active in the kitchen hours after he has produced either cinnamon rolls or biscuits
>leaves hordes of coffee cups filled with water that breed fruit flies like crazy that he constantly bitches about

All these things and plus both my roommate and I have spoken with him about multiple times in the yea+ that he has lived here, and yet he has still to alter his behavior.
>>
>>17712651
Why not just move out if it bothers you so much? Faglord.
>>
>>17712651
Mention to your landlord that an unauthorized third person is living in the home, and the landlord will order him out or throw all three of you out. With that choice, your roommate might evict his father.
>>
File: 1359521483666.gif (2MB, 331x240px) Image search: [Google]
1359521483666.gif
2MB, 331x240px
>>17712703
This is the house I'm splitting with my roommate.

His father is the issue, and both of us are getting tired with his shit.

Technically my mother owns the house,and I couldn't afford to live in this area without the steep discount in rent that my mother is giving us.

She wants him out as bad ad I do,but we don't want to outright kick him out prior to the end of the year ultimatum.

I just want to make sure his deadbeat father doesn't get a job before we're able to kick him out.

Granted, he doesn't seem to be trying too hard, but at the same time, I don't want, say, Kroger hiring him on for $8/hr for 25 hours a week to keep his 51 year old ass employed just enough to barely pay bills and rent at our house.

I do not want to stick around to wait for him to save up for his own vehicle and ultimately his own apartment or house.

I want him to run out options in the next month and a half and have him move into whichever unfortunate family member is next.

We've done our share and he needs to GTFO as soon as humanly possible.
>>
File: 1411187897124.gif (3MB, 208x161px) Image search: [Google]
1411187897124.gif
3MB, 208x161px
>>17712712
This is the worst part, the landlord is my mother.

My roommate is a friend I've know since 2002, so our families know each other quite well.

His mom and dad got divorced in like 2009, but my mother and his mohter have been fairly close.

His father (the delinquent boarder in question) was never close to my mother, but they've met in the past.

My mother has the patience of a saint, and unfortunately, my roommate's father is taking advantage of it - not even paying rent.

Each time I speak with her, after we talk about all the shit we need to talk about, it always ends up in "so is <buddy's dad> working yet?", to which I have to reply "no".

As of earlier this year, I got sick of that shit after he stopped working.

He's taking advantage of me, his son and most importantly, my mother.

If he doesn't have a striking line of employment by the ejnd of the year, he's out, regardless of bullshit minimum wage shit, he's out. It's insulting.

I know he won't find work that's worth his experience, so I'm just trying to find a way to get him out as soon as possible because he's incredibly annoying to live with.
>>
>>17712651
Pile his stuff on the front porch, change the locks, and don't let him in.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.