[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I Please Talk To Someone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lonely-robot_00445841.jpg (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lonely-robot_00445841.jpg
387KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys, I've had a lot on my mind for the past week and I don't really have any friends who I can talk to about this anymore. Everyone who I tried to with either told me to "stop complaining" or they just wouldn't address my problem. They just kept repeating my problem or memed with me.

Right now I'm pretty sad because I realized that I'm about to be, again, without something that makes me happy.

As said before, I have no really close friends. No one to date. But right now I'm a volunteer at my local [INSERT POLITICAL PARTY HERE]'s office and I've been loving it because it actually gives me something to honestly work towards. It makes me fill like I've fulfilled something and thats not something I've felt in a long while. But election day is coming up and I'm not going to be able to do that.

So I got a job at a fast food joint, and I fucking hate it. The people there don't care about bettering the world, they're just there to make a quick buck. There's nothing gratifying about the job. And I don't even care about the money. But I need to keep the job so I can save for college and to help pay some bills.

When I think about going in there, though, I'm filled with anxiety, and when I leave, I ride home overwhelmed with sadness. And thinking that I'll have to do that for the next seven or eight months makes me genuinely sick to my stomach. I really don't want to live this life but I don't know what to do.

Honestly right now I just need to talk to some people about this. Everyone else has rejected me. If any of you would be willing to talk I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
>>
>>17711668
You sound like you're happiest when working towards a greater cause.

Have you considered volunteer work in third-world countries, refugee camps or disaster areas?

I'm not even memeing.
>>
U got a snap
I'll add you if you tell me
>>
>>17711668
Yeah, talk.
I'm drunk and therefore gregarious beyond my means to satisfy.

Job sucks. That's how it works. But you got a shit job. What are you doing to make it better?

No friends? Definitely try to fix that. It's going to need you to go beyond your comfort zone, but it's worth it.
Friends happen in strange places, but you need to risk.
No risk, no reward.

And practice relieves anxiety.
>>
>>17711675
You are right. And I would do that, but I'm still a senior in high school. I cannot do that.

>>17711676
No sorry, I don't use Snapchat. No friends to add and my phone has little storage anyways.

>>17711678
I know that jobs suck and thats how it works but the only thing I really had going for me, something that I enjoyed, was my work with the political party. Now that that's going to be gone I'm going to have nothing left. Its making the easiest tasks become insurmountable. I honestly feel like I don't have anything worth living for anymore.

And if I could make some friends that easily I would. I mean I'm still in high school. Cliques are already in place and all the kids my age are into the same stuff, like partying and drinking or just sitting around. Even if I could find more people to talk to its not like anyone would do anything.

And the anxiety doesn't stem from being unable to do the job. I mean its easy, I just flip burgers and watch the orders. Its the anxiety of having to go there and sit there for three or four hours doing something I hate then having to come home and be too tired and sad to do anything else. And then I start thinking about how I'll have to do this for the foreseeable future until I graduate.
>>
>>17711706
High school sucks.
Can't argue with that. But it's such a small part of your life.
This is going to seem really condescending, but I promise it's true.
When a 2 year old gets hurt, they howl like they almost died. It feels like it was the worst pain in their life. Because it is. They're fucking 2 and have literally never felt pain like that before. So it's understandable they feel absolutely horrible.

Now you're in the first few years of your adulthood. You're feeling those "2 year old fallen down" pains of an adult. It's the worst you've felt because you've never felt adult pains before.

I'm not trying to belittle you. I'm relating to you. I've felt them before and I know how it feels. But it gets better.
That's what I meant by practice makes anxiety better.

I was such a failure when I was your age and I made a lot of mistakes. But looking back, I can understand how I felt and why I made them.
I'll try to help you out..

The political party thing feels great because you feel wanted and useful.
A good job will feel like that. Tiring, yes, but satisfying because you made a difference.

Your fryjob feels like crap because you don't have that. Day in day out, same shit, forever, unending. But that's a sign you should be cultivating other options. It's ok to have a temporary job while you grow other possibilities.
You have experience now too, and that's more valuable than the salary.

Your clique stuff. Yep, that's highschool.
It'll change as you join college.
But college has other obstacles.
Like you won't see everyone every day. You need to push to see people.
As an adult, you need to put the effort in for relationships.
With the opposite sex and friends.
Having friends as an adult is hard. But it's so much more worth it because you choose them.
>>
>>17711668
>And thinking that I'll have to do that for the next seven or eight months makes me genuinely sick to my stomach
Gotta switch the attitude to looking forward for college and opportunities to do what you want to do in the future.

Objectively, 7-8 months are nothing; it's all your perception that makes it feel so long.

What about making some friends at the job and specially during volunteering?
>>
>No sorry, I don't use Snapchat. No friends to add and my phone has little storage anyways.
Do you have anything else then? I communicate almost exclusively over SC or text and I'm not going to let you give your number out on here
>>
>>17711728
I know that high school is just a part of my life. I understand that. But its still a long while. Especially for a high school student.

And you nailed it on the head I reckon. I mean yeah I do just want to be wanted I guess. I'm trying to expand my opportunities but its pretty hard being so young, no one would really want to hire you. I've applied at offices but its difficult with schedules and all. And whats really getting to me is this feeling of hopelessness. I have no where else to turn, nothing else to do. I feel like I'm fucked.

>>17711734
Objectively in the grand scheme of things no 8 or 9 months isn't that long but it isn't short either. I mean honestly think about how long the previous month felt and imagine that 8x over. That's not a short while.
>>
>>17711858
Let's talk about college.

How are you doing on that?
>>
>>17711858
>how long the previous month felt
That's mostly up to you, mate. I had months that felt like days and weeks that felt like years. Hell, my entire last two years feel like couple days due the combination of attitude and satisfying/challenging things to do, which are admittedly hard to come by during HS time.

If you do something you enjoy in your downtime (a creative hobby is godly, be it writing or drawing or making music but even something as simple as reading works) from work/school and have something big to look forward to, time will fly. Specially if you focus on the good stuff and block out the boring moments. It's pretty tricky at start but once you figured it out, you gained a level of control over your life you didn't have before.

I am getting your frustration and the feeling of hopelessness, HS was probably the worst and slowest part of my life and after that I had a job where I counted the windows in the office and in the offices across the street over and over again for hours because there was not much else to do. I guess hearing the "it's all going to be better" line over and over again must be frustrating too ... but shit is true. You're like 90% done with the most lame phase in life.
>>
>>17711860
Already pass the minimum requirements to get accepted into the university I'd like to go to. Its just a matter of time until I go.
>>
>>17711915
Who gives a shit about requirements.
Everyone worth anything can.

What do you want to do?
>>
>>17711912
Oh, and as a more concrete suggestion for dealing with time ... short termism! Don't think in months or even weeks ahead, just focus on the current and the next day.
>>
Things get worse, but you learn to no longer care. Welcome to adulthood.
>>
>>17711919
Major in computer science since I already have experience doing that, already talking to a political party in the city to begin organizing when I get there. Looking forward to that I guess.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.