[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I complicating the idea of talking to women?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1457247439597.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457247439597.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>Fresh 20, college anon
My self esteem fluctuates every now and then. But when I feel good about myself, sometimes I notice a girl and feel like talking to her. But I don't. I don't because I only talk to women, PEOPLE actually, in general when

>I have them in my class
>I'm sitting next to or near them
>Have something valid or relevant to say

Otherwise, I don't know how to just spawn a bullshit small talk out of nowhere. I'm not afraid to, but I just have no idea where the fuck to go with conversations that have absolutely nothing to do with anything. I would just going up to a woman I thought was attractive because I imagine having some random guy just start chatting you up on campus out of nowhere would be perceived as fucking weird.

I might be completely delusional, because I've been taught from real life and other sources that just chatting up random strangers is the complete norm, so I feel like how I'm only able to meet people when we have something in common/relevant, that I'm out of some loop and that I'm missing out on things.

If there is a way, how the fuck do I just talk to girls? Like I said, I'm not afraid to, it's just odd because I feel like I'm being told to draw a circle but I'm not given a pencil or paper.
>>
I just ask them about their interests and it seems to work. A lot of them will talk forever if you ask about their hobbies. It might be a little personal and awkward on paper but I've never had an issue.
>>
your instincts are correct, it's transparent and weird to just talk to people out of nowhere. Well, to be honest, I have known a few people who do this and get away with it, but i m o they're the weirdos, not us autists. Join a club, go to parties, etc. These are settings where people are TRYING to meet other people.

of course there's a cultural aspect to this too; I live in nyc where you don't talk to anyone you don't know generally, but in small towns or other countries I suppose this could be different

>it's just odd because I feel like I'm being told to draw a circle but I'm not given a pencil or paper.
welcome to life lol
>>
>>17711493
So what's your opening line then? Surely you don't just go "Hi, I'm anon, (Insert question about random interest for the sake of conversation)?"

>>17711496
Can't go to a club because not 21, and not going to just stand around a bar with X's on my hands like an asshole. I've went to a few parties and am going to one tomorrow night, but they're always low number groups of like 12 people at most.

I've also looked into the clubs on my campus, but they're all women's studies/men of color (I shit you not)/frats/religious affiliation clubs.

Only remotely interesting thing is a shooting club but they are EXTREMELY overpriced.

First month they had a bunch of events but I didn't really meet anyone there. Not a lot of people showed up to those, to my surprise.
>>
>>17711549
Its best if they have something to discuss with them, such as a book or something like that, and then you can ask them about it, and then segue from there into their other interests and hobbies and such. If you can't find anything just ask them about their academic pursuits at first, and then move into their interests.

Watch out for girls who don't ask questions back. They're usually self centered.
>>
>>17711575
I've noticed this from high school/few months ago.

Last girl I was set up with by my housemate's girlfriend. Friend's gf would claim that "She's really into you, and likes you a lot." Yet I couldn't get her to talk about anything but herself. She would also only talk when I would ask her about herself, so it felt like an interview each time we texted.

I never bothered to meet her in person because of that (She's from my hometown) You can't "really be into someone" if you don't bother asking them anything in return.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.