[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me decide my future pt.2!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Mummy's first day.jpg (39KB, 336x505px) Image search: [Google]
Mummy's first day.jpg
39KB, 336x505px
Previous: >>17691515

Sorry i let the previous die, My work week is shit right now and I come home sleep and go to work when I'm not on my days off.

Anyways, a new spin is that my parents (both teachers) really want me to go into teaching and even my girlfriend, who hated the thought, is considering going into it. Since I have an math degree already I hear thatit will be quick and I'll be able to find work quickly since they need more math teachers.

But software dev seems more interesting and has a much higher potential salary.

Tl:dr Got a useless math degree and am torn between going to cc for intro cs classes then transferring to master's program for cs or getting a master's and teaching credentials.
>>
>>17711383
use your math degree to do easy as shit stats for people and make huge money?
>>
>>17711383
Go with software dev. Fuck kids.
>>
>>17711567
If he wants to fuck kids he should become a teacher
>>
>>17711383
You have three paths before you.

One, continue down the math route and become a doctorate and then play the academia game so that you can eventually get a math prof job at some pissant college. It's long, hard, but worth it if you really love math.

Two, take a side route and learn something similar (like CS) and get a workable job much sooner. This sounds like what you want to do. It's pretty reliable.

Three, join the military and become an officer. Mostly only dumbfucks join up so you'll be put in a pretty good position.

I'm actually following option three for much the same reason.
I chose a stupidly academic major when I was a teenager and now I'm dealing with a useless degree.
I signed up this summer for an officer position and I'm waiting for further instruction.
It's not for everyone, but it's going to be stable job with good pay.
>>
>>17711505
The problem with this is my area has no opportunities for this and I need money to move, need a job for money so.. .

>>17711608
I don't love math. I'm just really good at it (graduated with honors and all that meaningless crap). Some areas interest me, but they're all applied and have more to do with other areas (physics, stats, econ, astronomy, basically everything).

The second option is what I'd like, but I could have a master's and my teaching credentials a year or two before coming out of a cs program. I can always take a class on the side once I'm a teacher since I'll be making a livable wage and can be financially independent.

Third option is a bit too long for me though I did consider it heavily a couple years ago.
>>
Teaching is dead, kids can't vote and people who do want lower taxes. Schools are shrinking and closing. Computer science is much more secure if you keep skills current.
>>
>>17711998
I hear this but then have recruiters and teachers tell me how badly they need teachers, especially math.
>>
Bumpin
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.