[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop spending all your free time on your computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1474824428397.jpg (30KB, 848x475px) Image search: [Google]
1474824428397.jpg
30KB, 848x475px
How do you stop spending all your free time on your computer?

I'm literally addicted
>>
>>17710813
idk I have the same problem. Sometimes i'll go for a walk and just listen to the traffic, it helps.
>>
>>17710813

get rid of your computer.

we don't tell drug addicts to keep drugs for recreational use. nor do we tell alcoholics to keep alcohol for 'sometimes' or smokers or what have you.

if you need a computer for school, use the library. if your answer is

>THATS TOO HARD ITS SO MUCH EAISER JUST TO HAVE ONE

then you already lost.

step 2:
>have something to do

people act like if they stop playing on 4chan they'll magically be transported to a bar full of hot young horny girls who find them attractive. doesn't work that way. it helps to plan things out in advance. its easier to say 'i want to go skating today' if you wrote it on a calendar.
>>
>>17710891
Not OP here but I have the same issue, I'm addicted to the computer and get very VERY bored with other shit. I always want to read more but rarely do, I have a ton of books. I like talking to people online, that is, when they feel like giving me attention. And lastly and most importantly I'm writing a book on the computer when I finally get the small motivation to do it. It's the only place I can write it. I can't drive, and there's no library around here. No job, living with my parents. What do. I don't mind tje computer, but how do I cut out the boring shit so that I write more and read more.
>>
>>17710905

you don't. you've built a world where you insist on not getting rid of the computer.

>i want to not be addicted to heroine
>but i need to be able to use it for writing, its the only way i can write
>>
>>17710813

Find out why you're on the comp. Do something else that serves a similar purpose, but isn't the computer.

Examples:
>I want to feel like I achieved something!
Go do a hard (for you) hike, or a new recipe, or fix that broken bike/radio/drawer, or even something as simple as cleaning up can work.
>I want to feel connected to people!
Go to a place where you can talk to other people, and start talking. Boardgame nights, clubs, parties, helping the elderly (mostly need someone to talk to, really), boyscouts, sporting teams, and so forth.
>I want to feel proud!
Do an achievement! Similar (though not the same) as the first one.
>I want to be happy!
Then be happy. Being happy is a skill, not (only) a state. Bring to mind the good situations/times and try to make them happen again.

Ultimately though, getting rid of the comp is going to help IMMENSELY. Try doing it for only 3 months at first.
>>
>>17710922
Well I mean I could write a book by hand, but who the hell does that, I COULD get a typewriter but those are a mechanical pain in the ass. Really a computer is convenient for it. I know my other options but they really are a pain in the ass let's be honest.
>>
it's so hard motivating yourself to do shit
>>
Go outside. Acquire a new hobby.

Start playing Magic the Gathering

Femnerds flock to that game.
>>
You have to focus on doing something else on a regular basis. Go for walks, start reading books, painting, wood working, house maintenance, etc.

You have to build the habit of doing something productive away from the computer. Once you start doing it regularly, it'll become a habit and you won't just sit down on the computer everyday.
>>
It all starts with deconstructing your goals and planning them. Stick to your planning and do not make it too strict, you need to be realistic when it comes to planning and analyze how long you will need to reach your set goal.

When you set a goal, you must keep in mind that you might make errors and thus you should analyze how long you will need to perfect something. You can do this by looking at the size of your goal and being generous to each goal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.