[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you love someone but want them to suffer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I'm planning on ending a relationship tomorrow. I love her but resent what she's put me through and how she's dealt with certain things.

I kind of don't want to go to the effort of sparing her feelings. Maybe I'd even derive some sort of sick pleasure from making her miserable.

Am I a psychopath? Can I really love her if I feel like this?
>>
>Can you love someone but want them to suffer?
No. They are not opposites, but they are not compatible.
>>
>>17710216
I kind of disagree with the anon above me. I think you can obsess (not love) or be infatuated someone and want them to suffer, but it's unhealthy for you to feel that way. Love and sadism don't mix, but obsession and sadism do.
>>
>>17710232
This sounds sensible, I think you could be right. I already though what I was feeling was unhealthy.
>>
Dignity, own hapiness and self respect is always more important than love OP. You can feel love, but there are things that have to be put before this feeling.
>>
>>17710272
Thank you. I'm ending it for all of these reasons.
>>
>>17710272
>>17710295
And I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stick to my guns and go through with it. It's more likely that I will after reading your post.
>>
>>17710309
Godspeed. If those ideals are put on stake, you should not hesitate to defend them, that's your right and responsibility to do so as a human being.
>>
>>17710216
y'know, I have a temper. And when they piss me off or do something shitty all I want is to get them upset or to cry.

The second I get what I "want" I immediately regret it, because I DO love them. It never feels good. Don't be an asshole OP. Ending the relationship is punishment enough for whatever actions took place.

What did they do to bring you to this point?
>>
>>17710343
I think it's only about ending it for him. And the other is probably dependent and manipulative to some degree, that's what I assume.
OP does not want her to suffer, he just wants to leave but she mindfucked him enough to think that he is "obliged", "responsible", and he would "harm" her. Thus he thinks by leaving her he will couse some serious suffering.

My ex was blackmailing me with suicide. Sole move like that proved that I was right about dumping her.
>>
>>17710216
Initials of grill?
>>
>>17710350
not trying to be a dick, but I'm so confused about wtf you just wrote. I read it several times.

OP said he's ending it, but also feels like he might enjoy making her miserable on top of that. I was saying that he might regret it afterward if he achieves his goal of additional pain for her.
>>
>>17710360
Why?
>>
>>17710367
So I can go and Fuck her afterwards
>>
>>17710216

you are not a psychopaths. psychopaths don't have emotions.

>can i love her and want her to suffer

no. and yes.

yes in the sense that there is no legal or even any real definition of love at all. its whatever you want it to be.

no in the sense that you probably just love what you had, but dont love her anymore.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.