[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study drugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I'm in need of academic advice.

The number of hours I put in to study are way above average but my grades are way below average. I've failed so many papers...

Now, as a last resort I am considering study drugs. Should I do it?
Is afinilexpress . com safe or acceptable?
>>
>>17709567
Either you learn inefficiently or you're unmotivated/unfocused. If the latter is the case you may go to a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17709658
This. You have to be learning really inefficiently for that to be the case, and that's usually a focus thing. Check the wikipedia for the symptoms of ADHD. The diagnostic criteria is literally ticking 6 of the 9 boxes on that page by self-reporting to a psych.

Read "Moonwalking with Einstein" too. It's a book about mental athletes, and teaches you the methods they use to accomplish insane shit like memorizing 4 decks of cards in 2 minutes. Literally anyone can accomplish this if they practice an hour daily.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>17709567

Hands down, the most widely used "study drug" in the world is boring old coffee.

It doesn't have a sci-fi edge, and nobody would make a tv show about it, on CBS, starring Jake McDorman, but the effects of caffeine are thoroughly known, as are the risks and dangers. No knowledge of drug effects is total, but we know waaaay more about caffeine than we know about anything else being used as a study drug.

If caffeine is not enough for you to study effectively, then the overwhelming liklihood is that you need to change your study methods, not your chemical intake.

I would suggest you get involved with a study group of high-performing, dedicated students, so that you can pick up on some of their good study habits. I also suggest you hire a tutor, if you can afford it. A (good) tutor does more than lecture, he or she is like a personal trainer for academia, and will correct your bad study habits and point out changes you can make to improve your study environment and increase your effectiveness.
>>
>>17709567
If you're failing papers, go to your school's writing center or ask your profs for their input. Taking adhd meds won't help with that, especially if you accidentally focus on something else.
>>
>>17709738
All they tell me including careers advice service is that I have 3 options. Work harder, take less papers or drop out (take a break)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.