[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mother wants to commit seppuku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 7MUTn.jpg (17KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
7MUTn.jpg
17KB, 400x449px
I was home the other day when my mom came home from work.
>"Anon sit down I need to tell you something."
>wut.jpg
>"I've been wantig to kill myself for a long time. I have the feeling that the responsabilty of being a parent wont be holding me back the next time I feel the urge."
>"Don't worry Anon. Just move on with your life. I need you to be strong and independent. I just had to tell you this."

I've known for a long time that my mom's depressed. She got therapy and antidepressions for it but stopped using them bc they were bs in her opinion. The only thing she does right now is smoking weed when she comes home from work. She refuses to talk to any of her former friends and doesn't clean or cook.

I don't know what to do. I'm not fond of my mother because of all the physical and emotional abuse directed towards me when I was younger. But I also don't want her to die. She is the only family member I've got left.
>>
This is honestly happening a lot recently and I'm wondering if it's because of a whole bunch of forced relationships and fake sexualities of baby boomers. Very highly doubt that ALL of those children were straight and not a bunch of lavender marriages.
>>
>>17709541
She indeed has been in a forced relationship, but she divorced him 14 years ago. And the possibility of her being a closeted gay is rather small.
>>
>>17709535
That's tough, anon. I'd say to help as much as you feel you can but don't sacrifice your own happiness or well being for it. It is something she needs to sort out herself, and telling you sounds like she's slowly getting there, for a better or worse outcome. Nevertheless I wish you good fucking luck.
>>
>>17709549
I have a feeling that she'll do the deed the moment I move out of the house.

I always thought that if I'd be doing good at school, sports, my job and social life that she'd eventually become a happier person. I've reached that state of my life where everything is going really well for me, but she's still in this state of hers.

Thanks for the advice tho, anon. I think that at this moment a good education will be the only way for me to have a stable life, so I'll just focus on that.
>>
>>17709535
Cats help with depression. Buy her a cat.
>>
>>17709618
Yeah... We're both allergic to cats.
>>
>>17709535
Your mom is an adult. Let her make her own decisions

Suicide is perhaps the most fundamental human right there is, You have no right to stop her if that's what she wishes to do.

Also people who are going to kill themselves rarely tell anyone in of anyone interfering with their plans. Sounds like she probably just needs attention
>>
>>17709535
Anon, it might be better for your mom to get some help and get checked in a hospital. It might be possible that she'll off herself the minute you leave since your her only support system, try to get her to go outside for a bit. Sorry Anon, hope you and your mom will get through this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.