[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese Teacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I posted this a while ago but would like some advice.

I am interested in my Chinese teacher who is teaching us one night per week in evenings. She is as cute as a button and well educated.

Issue is some other guy in my class has been staying behind to build rapport ( i followed suite and have done the same last 3/5 classes asking questions and such). Since students and teacher walk same way and leave same time, I overheard they planned on meetinf up for a bite to eat the day after on campus.

I was angry to say the least. This guy is 31, tall and skinny and a bit awkward.

My plan was for next class to ask for 1 to 1 lesson grinds, not just for education but to see if there is chemistry to begin with, if so, ask out for coffee.

Would any of you have advice or reccomendations?
>>
Any advice for this?
>>
Sounds like it could work. Just make it seem legit that you just want private lessons then during the lessons that's when you can SLOWLY show your interest. Don't rush. Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>17709652
Thank you kind anon.
>>
File: 1435089635838.jpg (90KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1435089635838.jpg
90KB, 768x1024px
>>17709521

I'll be honest, I don't think it's a great idea.

A student flirting / romantically pursuing a teacher puts the teacher in a very awkward position. It sounds like these are private lessons, not uni courses?

If they are uni courses, teachers and students dating is so thoroughly recognized as a conflict of interest that most teachers face punitive action if found to have encouraged any sort of relationship other than that proper for a teacher and a student.

But even if these are private lessons, if she is a teacher by profession, you are threatening her livelihood. Her reputation and the reputation of any institution she works for is imperative to her continuing to work as a teacher. No employer would approve of her starting romantic relationships with current students.

My advice: Be friendly and nothing more, for now. As the last day of class draws near (assuming the course is of some set length), you can risk making your intentions less hidden, and on or after the last day of class, when she is no longer your teacher, you'll be free to date her without complicating her life quite so much.
>>
>>17709521

How old is she and how old are you? I find it interesting that you mention the other guy being 31 but not that.

Also, teachers dating students is a recipe for disaster. She will likely reject you just based on that.
>>
>>17709711
I have considered that absolutely. I know its a sensitive situation and honestly I had a dual interest in if I couldnt or its clear there is no chemistry, it would be a valuable chance to expand my network. in a normal context, i.e day courses or full time id be very much against it. But this is a part time evening course one night a week and for 10 classes. The classes im in are not 1 to 1, its a group and i think the other guy, the 31 year old, has made a move of some form himself as i said in my op.

Thanks though, the plan was to be careful, mainly due to, as you mentioned the somewhat iffy circumstances.

For context we have 4 classes left, but i hope to continue chinese lessons in the same institute after.

>>17709742
I expect that and thinking through may just get grinds purely for educational purposes. I am not sure on her age, but she looks young (i actually thought she was another student before). Not a deadringer of the op image but she has a similar look in that, she looks young and pretty. Ballpark guess is very early 30s or late 20s. I am 26.

Honestly i have become a bit infatuated with her and seeing the other guy arrange to meet her to eat on campus after work makes me think he is up to the same thing, had me fuming. Not the right mindset i know but i had planned to try to build rapport anyway and seeing him do this was a bit of a wrench in the gut.

But thank you anyway.
>>
Memrise Anon its a language learning app and it has a website. It actually works well and can be customized and an account can easily be made. Use it.
>>
>>17710027
Thanks I will check it out.
>>
Yeah, it's a shitty idea OP. I've been in the same situation except I was the teacher (german lang) and a 36 years old guy in one of my classes kept doing this to me, staying late after class, building rapport, asking me to explain shit to him.
After a while it became obvious he just wanted a relationship or something and after I rejected him it all became very awkward. I mean you could feel the tension in class mainly because his ego could not handle rejection.

Which brings me to another issue. Only guys with unhealthy large egoes try to get romance with a teacher. Why would you think she's even remotely interested in you? Why do you think she isn't in a relationship already? Why mess it up OP, especially if another student is trying the same bullshit? It's already pretty messed up.

Just let me ask you, if she rejects you, would you accept it cool?
What about if she rejects YOU but gets in a happy relationship with the other guy? Would you be cool with it?

I think not seeing as you already got angry at the other guy barely for staying up after class, not even showing blatant signt of romantic interest.
I think you're going to mess thus up so hard OP.
>>
>>17710076
Well he had arranged to meet her the following day on campus for a meal so something is going on at least.

You are yalking sense though anon but again I would still be interested in grinds for educational purposes. I still plan to ask if she does private lessons and if she declines i like to think id be ok. But your point stands and has made me start to reconsider.

I actually dont have a large ego, I like to think its in check. I am not outgoing, drink or boast abput silly things. Quite frankly i thought because of the differing context it would be more appropriate but you talk sense. I am infatuated with her, i also find her attractive and bubbly. This isnt about fulfilling my ego, its out of genuine attraction.
>>
>>17710076
>Just let me ask you, if she rejects you, would you accept it cool?
What about if she rejects YOU but gets in a happy relationship with the other guy? Would you be cool with it?

I failed to answer this but to be honest, no i would not. I would feel frustrsted putting it lightly.
>>
Bump in hopes previous anons or others can reply to my last posts.
>>
>>17709521

>any recommendations

Don't shit where you eat you mongoloid
>>
>>17710181
Fair point.
>>
>>17710181
>tfw I "shat where I ate" and ended up in a great 4 year relationship

feels good
>>
>>17710414
Well it seems that most are against the relationship but I do think the 1 to 1 will be good regardless for my education. Would be good and help long term.

Mind telling me your story?
>>
Last bump
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.