[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know anything about UPS package handling? I need a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: UPS-My-Choice-Delivery.jpg (152KB, 589x545px) Image search: [Google]
UPS-My-Choice-Delivery.jpg
152KB, 589x545px
Anyone know anything about UPS package handling? I need a job and theres a UPS hiring, but I've heard awful things about the job.

I don't want to go in and get the job then quit in a week because it was too much for me.
>>
>>17709412
You lift boxes for 5 hours straight with a 10 min break and no A/C. For 5 days a week. Good company to work for, or if you simply need a job. But handling isn't for everyone. There are much better PT Jobs
>>
>>17709429
Yeah I tried it for a month and I'm going to echo this. Plus I was given conflicting statements all the time. During training they told us to move safely, always make sure to know where you're stepping and so on. If I ever did that I was then moving too slowly for my supervisor and basically told me to ignore said training.

Good benefits but not worth the stress to me.
>>
>>17709430
>>17709429
What happens if I injure myself trying to keep up?
>>
>>17709441
If memory serves you're supposed to report it immediately. In theory they'd tell the supervisor to tone it down+pay for any injuries but in practice I have no idea what would happen. Ours had a pretty heavy union presence though, I don't know if it's like that elsewhere.
>>
>>17709441
Depends on how serious it is, but chances are you get sent home

But don't worry about that. You'll be fine. Your body will just be very sore for the first week/month and it will be hard on your back. You eventually get used to it / suck it up ...or quit. If you really need a job and don't mind lots of sweating and lifting, go for it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.