[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harnessing my daemons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Daemons.jpg (71KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Daemons.jpg
71KB, 564x564px
I'm hoping that if someone says the right thing to me in the right way I'll be able to see myself and my problems in a new light and actually become proactive in solving them. To that end, I would be grateful if I received many responses so that I get many different ideas and perspectives. The more I get, the more likely it is that this will work.

My anxiety is the most powerful thing in my life and I need to find a way to use it for my benefit, because it's so massive that I couldn't possibly get rid of it without years of effort. It's an unthinking, animal fear that's triggered by work first and by social activities second. The work aspect is crippling, I've never held a job for longer than 11 months. My resume is a bad joke. The anxiety activates in response to engaging any task at work that I'm not absolutely, 100% confident of having mastered. Which tends to be everything I do at any given job because the anxiety lowers my ability to improve my skills drastically. The anxiety strengthens itself that way. A method that's just occurred to me is that I might try motivating myself by thinking of how much more anxious I'll be when jobless and verging on homeless, but this also seems like a powerful way to amp up my anxiety even further and wreck myself.

As i'm not just going to be able to vanquish my anxiety overnight, how do I use it? Or are there other means by which I might help myself?
>>
>>17709336
Hey i am you.
Anxiety and other problematic emotions relating to anxiety, anxiety of anxiety has ruined my life.

Meditation is the only thing i have found to reliably help and it has worked wonders for me.

I am not religious in any way, i also do not claim to understand neuroscience in any way, but this is hands down the best, and only, reliable way to not suffer at the whims of my anxiety.

Its a desperate thing to try out but i was a fucking nervewreck with psychotic panic at the time i decided to give it a go.

Now i have a reliable thing i can do with my consciousness in order to not be in a state of doom and panic all the time.

I actually had a period of like 2-3 months where i experienced close to no anxiety, especially the kind of "OMFG WAT IM DOIN WITH MY LIFE" type of anxiety.

But it also works for the "IS THAT GUY FUCKING LOOKING AT ME??" *stumbles* type of anxiety as well.
>>
>>17709364
And let me just add that ive tried a bunch of drugs aswell, none of them gave reliable relief.

Food, exercise and sleep are also really important but i didnt really start to improve in those areas before i started meditating.

I might also add that i have a fairly decent amount of experience with hallucinogens wich might make me biased towards the experience of meditating.

Good luck to you anon, i know the struggle.
>>
>>17709372
This is something I tried to get into in the past and I didn't consistently apply myself. It's obvious that this is the sort of thing that only pays dividends when you're persistent, but god is it hard to buckle down on not thinking for twenty minutes a day for some reason. I live in Saint Cloud, MN (IDGAF about people locating me at this point, my life is in the gutter) and I think it would really help if I could find an organized group to meditate with, but as one of my friends once said, "It's like they think culture is just something you do on the weekends." There are no groups in my community for this sort of thing.
>>
>>17709406
Ah, seems like a rough situation anon. My heart goes out to you.

If you ever get the opportunity, find a group to meditate with.
Alot of people doing it are doing it because of mental problems

Also, dont make yourself sit for 20 min if you have little experience, start with 4-5 minutes and add a minute every day

And heres a good book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpuvUUqLAj0

Good luck, anon!
>>
Bump
>>
>>17709336
Make it your mental bitch.
>>
File: High Test.jpg (230KB, 1280x995px) Image search: [Google]
High Test.jpg
230KB, 1280x995px
Bumping with more delicious high test because I picked a fuckawful time to start the thread and a fuckawful picture for the OP.
>>
File: thatismyfetish.jpg (33KB, 512x333px) Image search: [Google]
thatismyfetish.jpg
33KB, 512x333px
>>17709336
Last night I was thinking about how much I think about " I statements. " Almost all of my anxiety, comes from within my own body. Almost all of my anxiety is concerned with myself. Maybe it is my Ego, maybe it is that I think of myself too much. " What if I were to be launched into space and then suffocate to death, just to be left there, drifting, in space? " Last night I was thinking about all the times in my head, I start off with " I statements. " I feel lonely. I feel angry. I feel so miserable. I feel ugly, I feel hideous. I feel sad. I am hungry. I don't think I should get food because I don't have a job and I already feel like I am a nuisance to my mom and dad and sister, the people who I live with. Oh, wait, remember that time I played the piano really well and I felt really accomplished? I'm smart, I'm subtle. I'm flexible. I can do anything. I'm a human being, on a spaceship, I enjoy learning, and reading. I think I'm narcissistic. I can't be narcissistic, I don't treat others bad. I can't be narcissistic, if I was, I wouldn't be responding to this thread. I am. I want. I choose. I am. I attach a lot of my stress to myself, I create all of this stress, I do it with my brain.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to come across, is, perhaps I am too attached to myself. When I am part of the Universe, I am part of you, and your Daemons, because of the butterfly effect ( which I think makes sense ) so you can be me, or you can be space- how do you think pic related does we they does?
>>
>>17710555
really sorry if that was too vague... I thought I was onto somethin'
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.