[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop feeling like you're worthless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (151KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 640x640px
How do you stop feeling like you're worthless?
>>
>>17708900
through self-improvement. build something you value and respect through hard work and willpower.
>>
>>17708900
LSD
>>
>>17708902
What am I supposed to value and respect?

I want to be loved, but I have no idea how to make myself lovable.
>>
>>17708917
you can work towards whatever you want to become. you have an image/ideal in your head, pursue it. the pursuit will help you to grow.
>>
>>17708934
I want to be a person who is hugged and kissed a lot and in a safe and happy relationship where I don't have to do anything I can't endure doing.

How do I pursue that?
>>
>>17708948
>where I don't have to do anything I can't endure doing.

can't grow as a person with that sort of thinking.

your pursuit is a healthy relationship. go out and meet people, interact and converse. once you find one then you'll understand that another person's affection isn't going to fix you and your issues. my gf is like you, she depends on the opinions of other people to dictate how she views herself. it's sad.
>>
>>17708948
OP, you're focusing on a material goal instead of yourself and the process needed to get there.

Instead of "I want someone to love me" try "I am going to become a lovable person."

Instead of "I don't want to do anything I can't handle", turn it into "I want to become a person who can handle almost anything."

That way, you turn these desires from some reward you might get in the future to something that you can do in the moment to make things better here and now.
>>
>>17708963
Then what do you want me to do?

"Grow as a person" is a very vague definition. Do you want me to sell everything I own, donate the entire thing to UNICEF and move to Peru to spend the rest of my life herding goats and crafting tiny cars for tourists out of tin cans?
>>
>>17708970
The problem with handling things is that every time you reach the demands, they move the goal posts.

First you have to put out. It's hard but I can do that.

Then you have to pretend it's not hard. That's harder but I can almost manage.

Then you have to make it look like you really like it. I can do that on a very good day maybe once, if my life literally depended on it.

Then you have to ASK for it, instead of just dreading when it will happen. I can't do that.
>>
>>17708948
Well I guess surround yourself with people more, have friends. It would lead you to find someone who'd love you. Just don't be in a rush. People find friendliness attractive. Although you can't expect it'll all be happiness and rainbows. Relationships go through ups and downs a lot but it's what helps it grow. One of you would have to compromise at some point, it's inevitable.
>>
>>17708900
get a doggy to take care of and then actually take care of it and dont be a dick to it
>>
>>17708992
You're still framing this around other people. You need to determine what you want yourself to be, and how to work towards that.
>>
>>17709017
I've been in a relationship before. It didn't work out because we were inherently incombatible people who were looking for different things, but I learned a lot from that.

I have friends, but they're not really the kind of friends you meet new people through. They don't really have other friends than the squad.

The only possible link would be one girl's boyfriend's twin brother (ok they're triplets, I just know only one of them is female) but I've never met him and I hear he does drugs, so he probably wouldn't be better than my ex.
>>
>>17709029
I don't understand what you want me to do. People are social animals, interacting with each other is vital and natural. If you put a single ant into a room with no way to access other ants, it will die.

Asking for me to define myself without other people makes just as much sense to me as asking me to define myself exclusively by my marrow, and ceasing to have blood, bones, muscle or organs.
>>
>>17709037
Do you go to school or have a job? Or anything else that could help you meet new people?

Why do you feel worthless? How is it related to you wanting a happy relationship? Or does your feeling revolve on that issue? Sorry I don't seem like I'm helping but I just want to understand the whole situation first
>>
>>17708902
not OP

the more I improved the more worthless I felt

when I didn't care I felt bliss

what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>17709081
I have a job, but it's not particularly social in the sense of meeting people who don't work there, and I'm too autistic to figure out how to flirt with the guys at work or understand if they're returning it at all.

I feel worthless because I can't take dick. Everything else in a relationship is negotiable, but if there's no sex, the guy will walk out now matter how good everything else is. A man loves with the penis, and if you don't keep him satisfied the love fades and disappears. And they don't like it if you cry while he does it.
>>
>>17708900
Go help someone. It is seriously why you feel worthless, because your not having the experience of helping other humans.

Just go help someone with something. anything at all.

Dont have any ideas/any comfortable ideas?
Learn something in order to help someone!

It will make you happy.
>>
>>17709122
I'm already drowning in housework because mom doesn't have the time to do it and my sister just won't.
>>
>>17709111
Would you consider meeting people online? You just gotta find someone who truly loves you. I'm sure there are guys out there who are and are into the "save themselves for marriage" types. It depends on your area. Or maybe you'd find someone who'd make you think differently about sex and be willing to do it with. Humans are sexual beings, we all have sexual needs. Don't base your idea of guys from your past relationships.
>>
>>17709144
I have, and I'm out of ideas. Are there any other ones that are actually genuinely active in northern europe save for OkCupid? I didn't find anyone that'd be close enough, in the acceptable age range and didn't have any red flags in his profile.
>>
>>17708970
Thats beautiful, anon
>>
>>17708905
is this tru senpai ?
>>
>>17709047
I'm not saying live without people. I'm saying define yourself as yourself, and not by what other people are wanting/imposing/demanding of you.

Who are you? What do you want to be? How can you make yourself a better version of -yourself-? If people are demanding that you become something else, how can you compromise and accommodate that without losing your self or your self-respect?
>>
>>17708948

Are you a girl?
>>
>>17710163
Nobody wants, imposes or demands me to be anything. Even my family doesn't actually expect me to swoop in and fix all of their problems, I just do what I can to help because I am an adult and I ought to.

I'm a human being who believes that people are inherently good and deserve respect and kindness purely for being human. I want to be someone who writes books for a living and who doesn't need anyone's permission or approval to drink whiskey whenever I please and bring my tiny dog everywhere.

I don't know how to become a better version of myself as none of the things that I do are things that someone can particularly get better at doing. I have no interest to do such things.

>>17710369
Yes.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.