[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1457457803281.gif (46KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1457457803281.gif
46KB, 384x288px
Does anyone know of any general confidence-building exercises that work in regards to social activity? I've read a lot of articles on building confidence and finding ways to stop hating myself, but I really wanted to see if there's anyone out there that found something that worked for them- maybe it can work for me.

My end goal right now is to get myself into a relationship. I won't do into too many details, but I'm 28 and I've spent most of my life pushing women away because I was too afraid to get close to them. I'm also terrified of approaching anyone I like whatsoever. In fact I'm terrified of people in general and I believe it's strongly tied into my seemingly unreal lack of self-confidence, something that's plagued me since at least middle school. I'm working out, trying to take care of myself and I'm in better shape than a lot of people I know, but I can't seem to make myself believe I'm worth more than nothing.

I've never been in a relationship and I'm a KHV, primarily by being an extreme social recluse. I don't really care so much about the virginity aspect as I am lack of close relationships. I want nothing more right now than to find someone I can be close and intimate with, but I lack the confidence to socialize, approach people and take chances.

Can anyone give me any simple steps to build confidence that worked for them? Even little ones would be a great help for me.
>>
Say something or make a gesture to someone randomly in the street. Get used to talking to random people.
>>
>>17708896
That's a good tip, for sure. But I can do that part. It's actually talking to someone that either knows me or will know me longer than a few minutes that terrifies me. It's like I'm scared they'll discover I'm a boring/bland/shit person or something.
>>
You have to understand that confidence is built by being competant at things. Meaning doing something over and over again.

Start small with interaction. Do you have anyone at work you can chat to?

>"I'm scared they will think I will be a boring person"

People don't really think like this, they focus on the interesting parts of you, not the boring ones that are in your head. People simply aren't thst judgemental either, maybe you are projecting something you do yourself on to others?

I used to think like that at least.
>>
File: 1456556380614.jpg (293KB, 983x881px) Image search: [Google]
1456556380614.jpg
293KB, 983x881px
>>17709290
>People simply aren't thst judgemental either, maybe you are projecting something you do yourself on to others?
A few of the people I'm around, and one of them being someone I live with, are judgemental to what I consider an absurd degree. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but a good portion of the people I'm personally stuck around tend to be the opposite. I'm worried that you might be wrong on this, but none of us read minds so who knows for sure.

>You have to understand that confidence is built by being competant at things.
That's a good way to put it, and it makes sense. I'm not confident with much of anything, though- even with things I'm competent at. Maybe my lack of self confidence stems more from an irrational fear of failure than anything else? If that's the case, I should work on getting rid of that. Maybe I need to go out and fail a lot at something in front of other people and get over the fear of humiliation. It's weird though, because growing up I was very, very used to public humiliation. I think that might be why I'm avoiding it so hard now.

I can talk to some people at work, but nothing outside of work-related stuff, usually. Maybe I can try to start more conversations about unrelated things and see what happens. That might be a good first step, thanks.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17708800
"Everyone fucking loves me, anyone who doesn't is a fucking weirdo/asshole."
if you actually begin to believe that you'll have confidence out the wazoo. combine that with some red pill and you should do fine.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.