[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 22

File: 1476881643348[1].jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1476881643348[1].jpg
57KB, 500x380px
The 25+ thread, since most threads are by idiot kids who don't realise how much time and effort they're wasting on a chinese cartoon board.
>>
I'm 24 and posting ITT, what are you going to do about it?
>>
File: ps3.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ps3.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
Yes?

Now what?
>>
>>17707081
28 year old here. Just bought my first house and it's kinda depressing living alone again. Every day is just housework and computer games with my friends. I don't know... It'd be nice to have a girlfriend to come home to but that's a very long ways away if ever.
>>
28. How do I move from a dead end janitor job I've been stuck in for 5 years to someplace I can make 40k sitting at a desk doing literally anything? I have two BAs, 3.88 GPA, and good social skills, but five years out of college and no other work experience beyond cleaning toilets seems to get my resume thrown right in the trash. It also doesn't help that I don't have a single professional reference. I'm completely solitary. Think the last time I even saw my current supervisor face to face was over a year ago.
>>
28 year old here. Just started renting my first apartment and it's kinda depressing living alone. Every day is just housework and computer games. I don't know... It'd be nice to have a boyfriend to come home to but that's a very long ways away if ever.
>>
>>17707156

Fucking hell m8, fucking apply to everything and anything.
>>
>>17707160
>>17707156
These two are a match made on 4chan
>>
>>17707110
As long as you have a mental age of 25+ it's okay, and I can tell from your comment that you do.

>>17707145
Get out there and meet some new folk bro. A girlfriend will follow. Get hosting some sick parties while you're at it.

As for myself. Any advice for a 27 year old who is desperately infatuated with his 36 year old yoga instructor?
If it was anyone else I would have asked them out for a coffee by now at least, but I don't want to risk losing her tutelage or come off like that guy who has been coming to class for the wrong reasons....
>>
>>17707173
>If it was anyone else I would have asked them out for a coffee by now at least, but I don't want to risk losing her tutelage or come off like that guy who has been coming to class for the wrong reasons....
This is exactly what you're going to tell her after your next class.
Just replace "desperately infatuated" with "been thinking about asking you to come to this thing that I'm doing on friday"
>>
>>17707081
30 reporting
>own house, will be paid off in 2-3 years
>decent vehicle, will be paid off by this time next year
>respectable income
>happily without gf, ecstatic to live alone
>finally acquired doggo, he is a douche but im happy to have him around regardless
final form achieved
do not give up, anons. my life was in the shitter 1.5 years ago. now im living the dream. you can too.
>>
30 reporting for one post.

Been arright. Living my pitfalls. Still stuck with side jobs, but got a gf now. Still trying to shake the comp addiction. Worried about my bro going on a mission (army), even when I shouldn't (peaceful place)...
>>
>>17707185
Okay. Thanks for the very reasonable response.

My other fear lies in the fact that she has been married once and is settled in her career whereas I have very little relationship experience in comparison and no clear career path at the moment and I find that a little intimidating.

Do you think both of these are things I should just swallow or do you think it is ever wise to allow a little time to "become a better version of yourself" before making any decisive moves?
>>
>>17707194
mfw 32, homeless, no job, massive dept, no doggo, but hey at least hot white women want to fuck me because I'm a 7/10 artist with exotic genes
>>
>>17707194
Thanks man, this made me feel a little better.
>>
>>17707156
Degree in what?
>>
>>17707194
Define "shitter"
>>
>>17707223
Don't laugh. [spoiler]Philosophy, Religious Studies and a minor in Greek.[/spoiler] I read graduate level stuff all day at work, love my private life and have some great friends. I've been very content, too content. Completely neglected long term financial issues and I need to change this.
>>
25. BS in math, but a 2.69 GPA. No experience in the field. Took me six years to graduate. Now I don't even want to do anything with it, but I've got a shit ton of debt.
Meanwhile I'm struggling heavily with depression. I've been hospitalized 4 times in the past year with one serious suicide attempt. I couldn't even hold down a simple job at a grocery store. I'm addicted to alcohol, prostitutes and gambling.
Now I'm going to be arrest soon for things I did before my last attempt to end my life. I live with my mother in a one bedroom apartment, and she's the one who filed charges.
I'm thinking of becoming a truck driver once I get out of jail/prison/probation. What's the best (read: cheapest) way to get a CDL?
>>
>>17707214
read up on what yoga actually is, and then talk to her about aspects of it that nobody else in her class know about. You're doing yoga to better yourself, don't you? Yoga teachers love people who are discovering themselves and choosing the better path.

I've been dating them for years, so I know what I'm talking about. Don't worry about what you're lacking, offer her what you're BECOMING

Protip: spice it up with a little Alan Watts knowledge, or possibly better: Mooji
Yoga chicks will eat that shit up.
>>
>>17707224
>broke as fuck
>living in an extremely bad area with bpd ex that refused to work or contribute in any meaningful way (not getting into that, there are enough bpd stories around here for you to have a general idea of what these people are like. mine was particularly abusive and took great advantage of me, and to top it off she refused to leave despite the house being in my name)
>busted vehicle
>no doggo
>socially isolated (by choice. immense shame, etc)
>disappointment to family
>disappointment to self
>drinking heavily and frequently
>watching years go by with no progress made or happiness experienced
this is all kind of general, but you get the idea
>>
>>17707258
Wow...that's some set of circumstances.
>>
>>17707267
>Yoga chicks will eat that shit up

I wanted to reply with something along the lines of "I have too much respect for her than to try to hack the game the like that" but desu that's what I've done up to this point to establish a bit of rapport with her.
I am more interested to see her outside of the context of yoga though, but I guess a prerequisite for that is to ask her out.

Anyway, thanks for your response.
>>
im 26
told myself id go stone sober for a year and try to keep drinking under control after that.
now ive been sober for a year and a couple weeks, just bought a 6 pack at the store today.
got some shit to do still so im gonna finish that up and then have my first beer in over a year, really looking forward to it.
>>
File: sad-keanu.jpg (43KB, 590x516px) Image search: [Google]
sad-keanu.jpg
43KB, 590x516px
>>17707301
Tell me about it...
>>
>>17707304
If you respect her, why not showing interest in things that (might) mean alot to her.
This isn't abnormal behaviour, it's what usually happens when you're infatuated.
>muh her cool hobbies are cool
>muh she's vegan, maybe there's something to this crap after all

This obviously depends of what type of yoga teacher she is. The kind I've been dating spends months in Nepal for their teacher-training. Some yoginis are more of a walmart kind.

Of course you're seeing her outside of the context. What I suggested wasn't for her, friend. It will do you good to listen to a bit of Watts, and stop worrying about your lack of experience, because that shit don't matter.
>>
>>17707307
keep us posted
>>
>>17707363
its pretty damn good. im gonna limit myself to 2 tonight because once i start i usually have a hard time stopping, but if i just restrict it to drinking socially or for happy occasions i think ill be fine. thanks for asking bud
>>
>>17708360
well played, sir
>>
25, Basically was motivated as shit out of school and while in. Was in the process for my "dream" job in my dream career. Decided that I had not considered more options and realized while this was my dream career, it was not my dream Job and decided to keep looking within that field. After about 1 year of working shit kitchen jobs im pretty much unemployed because obviously I'm more capable of pot wash and or working a line so I frequently quit these jobs .Almost three years since I have graduated College and still looking. Was in the process for another job but didn't place well enough but the good news is I should be in the next batch of candidates. I want to be motivated again..I always think to myself it would have been better to work a job in my field I didn't like than to work In a fucking kitchen...why did I have to go and fuck my shit up.
>>
>>17707156
Move to the east coast, you'll get that kind of cash as a dead end front end job and also be barely able to afford living.

>>17707145
>>17707160
Living by yourself and not dealing with someone else is amazing after you deal with some crybaby shit for a few years.

>>17707173
>>17707110
This is a "mental age" well below the threshold you want for this thread.
>>
>>17707110
I said 25+ for a reason, piss off.
>>
>>17708417
Dude, I afford living expenses on the east coast just fine as it is with my current job. Could never be a cityfag, those people have such alien personalities. Mostly looking to buy a house. Need more space for books.
>>
>>17708434
I mean, you asked about a 40k job. That's front end pay for any job if you have some decent experience. To live solo on that same pay, you're either living in the Carolinas or ghetto areas of VA. Living with your folks or a woman is an alternative, but you made it out like you're looking for that range of pay to support yourself.
>>
>>17708393
26 now. It all started at 17 when I didn't like the person I was becoming (Lazy highschooler who played videogames and watched anime all day. I wasn't much of a channer yet.) so I decided to change from that year on. I got my first part time job in retail at 19, quit 3 months later after some kind of culture shock or something and ended up working odd jobs through a temp agency while doing college on and off. I was incredibly depressed and anxious so I started working out and socializing as much as possible. By 22 I finally found a college course I wanted to finish and spent the next 3 years there.

Then I got my first job out of college and it all went downhill. Before I started there I had a sense of discipline a drill sergeant would envy and a lot of ambition but realized after working for a year that I was falling back into old habits because the work was boring and unchallenging unlike the schoolwork. I'd lost all my new friends and basically ended up back at square one playing games, watching anime and exercising to cope while I think of a way out.

>>17708393
Its all about perseverance anon. Just knowing I can/am close to making it keeps me going even if things aren't going my way now.
>>
>>17708462
I'm 25 and only just starting a vocational college course
>>
I don't even have internet friends. I've been thinking of trying to join a skype group or something, but what's the point? I'll just be ignored like always.
>>
30 here. I've been suspecting my wife has BPD since a little while and it's been confirmed yesterday night when she was enraged after I played a childish joke where I kept repeating the words she was saying. For like 10 seconds.
Today, she's completely silent and ignores me. For once, I decided to do the same as I don't even have a shred of guilt to use to convince myself to bridge the gap (something that I'm used to). So, here we are.

To elaborate, it seems mild and only triggered when stress has been built beforehand -her mini-mart mostly, it's a long story but she feels responsible for its failure and me losing my investment money- but it's there. I've been enjoying 2 months of peace since last crisis but it resurfaced because of that crashing business.

I guess if I want to keep living with her, therapy is in order as soon as my budget allows it. I don't want to break up and not being able to see my toddler when I want whenever I want, especially because it's a great relationship we have when the BPD is not triggered.

Anyone dealt with that before?
>>
>>17709300
Feeling the need to explain a bit more.
If BPD is genetic, she probably got it from her father and like with him, it calmed down over time. The stories she told me about her unique boyfriend show straight emotional abuse. Sadly, reading about it, I know some stuff about our relationship is true:
>Refusing to communicate
>Ignoring or excluding you
>Use of sarcasm and unpleasant tone of voice
>Extreme moodiness
>Withdrawal of affection
>Guilt trips (attempted, I manage most of them)

The list I found has 21 points so 6 is not that bad but that's still way too much. Thankfully, it only happens during those crisis moments.

I think I'll screen-cap those messages and show them when things get better. The first step is to recognize the problem.
>>
>>17709240
I'm you
>>
>>17709330

Could you post the link to the rest of the list? I've wondered if I don't have BPD myself, so being able to read the whole thing would be great.
>>
>>17707194
>my life was in the shitter 1.5 years ago. now im living the dream. you can too.
You ever feel like you're fundamentally behind though? I started college way too late and basically stopped dating after a toxic relationship. I'm mostly on the right path but I always feel like I'll be so many years behind, and some people have basically agreed with that insecurity in the past.
>>
>be 32
>Mother died this year leaving me nothing
>woman leaves me taking 30k
I am ok with this because I get to use my Hi Cap handgun in California / vote trump / and just got a new NRA credit card.
Bitch threw me int Jail. I left with no money now I have 6k!
NRA credit card has 8k ability!
>I LOVE THE CARD MORE THAN ANY WOMANS
>>
>>17709401
You should check BPDCentral, it's a good website. I'm definitely sure now. She's a highly-functioning mild BPD with no self-harm, paranoia, reckless behavior or lack of "personhood" but she's subject to huge emotional unstability, using classic BPD patterns
>It's your fault even after the fight is over and she admitted her wrongdoings.
>Lose no matter what you do
>Projection

The link you asked is this: http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/10/13/21-warning-signs-of-an-emotionally-abusive-relationship/

That leaves me in a pickle. I love her and my daughter dearly but I refuse to spend my life with someone so explosive. Treatment or nothing I guess. It's been 1 year and a half since she changed. I should have realized sooner.
>>
>>17707156
>Be me
>22
>Dont have a high school diploma
>Made 40k last year
>Sit at a desk and play on my phone all day

Lol wut
>>
>>17709424
no. i used to. but not anymore. i am very good at what i do. dating has become largely irrelevant, and i am quite content to be alone for now.
>>
>>17709300
>t's been confirmed yesterday night when she was enraged after I played a childish joke where I kept repeating the words she was saying

Nice test you got here bud
That doesn't prove anything
You just managed to be unnecessarily annoying
>>
I'm a 27yo work at home freelancer.

My life is going pretty decently, I live alone, money is fine and I'm working on starting my own thing but the thing putting me down at the moment is loneliness, I lost contact with school friends long ago and old internet friends moved on with their lives recently and I have no time to make friends irl because of work. My interests are anime/manga, videogames, travel, tv series, etc.

If anyone wants to make a friend feel free to send me a message on Discord or Skype, my ID for both is friendlyanon1

No r9k/pol types please.
>>
>>17709538
Meh. Nice guilt trip, bruh. Defending your kin?

A small joke has been blown completely out of proportions. If I did that for say, one minute, yes, I would have been annoying but 10 seconds is nothing and certainly not deserving a silent treatment.

That's not a test as far as I'm concerned, just utterly misguided and hurtful anger. And if only I was the only one to witness that...
>Her sister forgot to check the inventory before buying stock for the mart
>Get enraged, take the key from the inventory room and plan to keep it with her just before a one month trip because "it is so funny to buy stuff when we already have it", just to teach her a lesson.
Thankfully, time and talking it over stopped her from crashing the business even before competition appeared.
>>
>>17709565
meetup.com sounds like a better alternative than 4ch*n.
>>
I don't want a house or fancy job. I'd rather work part time and/or seasonal and be semi-nomadic, moving often and traveling a lot (domestic or international, figure may as well explore this country before going overseas.) I have a good degree but I just don't care about a career.

Ultimately I want to drive around the country (US) hitting up all the national and state parks or other /out/ and city areas worth visiting and just live out of my vehicle. I'd like to do similar in the Mediterranean but on a boat of some sort, but not right yet.

When I spend too long in one place I feel sick. I've been where I am four months and already hate it. Is it...wrong to do this? Everyone always thought I'd have a good career but I just don't want one. I don't really have material desires so what do I need that much money for? I just want to wander around.
>>
>>17709815
You sound like my "introverted, lonely" friend who also has non-problems.
>>
>>17707081
31 here, and I'm in the shitter. Mom passed away a long time ago, and I live with my father who has advanced prostate cancer, and he doesnt have long left. 2 to 3 years maybe.

I've been stuck in the same rutt for years, and ever since 2008 they have formed into a ball of nothing interesting, and I still feel like I just got out of College. A bunch of annoying friends saying the same thing over and over, about getting a job teach overseas, or that I'm still working on my portolfio. My job history is pock marked and just got fired from my last job.

I'm just lost and bitter, but trying to turn it around. Just can't decide what to really do, none of my decisions feel... mature enough to follow through on, doubting myself thinking I'm missing something.

Never had a girlfriend, but had opportunities. Basically a shut in with social anxiety, and for some reason can't make a real connection with others. That's the main thing that has stopped me from doing anything, I just can't seem to communicate well with others, and get things moving. I even thought I might be retarded or autistic lol.
>>
>>17711018
I'd like to comment more, as I see myself in some of what you describe, but want to ask you to elaborate on your line of work

>portfolio
pray tell
>>
>>17707081
I'm nowhere in life and each day I grow older the shame mounts. I'm checked out of life because I isolate and I don't give a shit about anything. I've been like this for so long that I don't know how to change.
>>
>>17709815
Damn, you're living the life I always wish I had the balls to live. Good luck and fuck the people telling you to get a "good" career. If it's not what you want then it's not good for you and that's all that matters. Do what makes you happy.
>>
>>17711115
He's humble-bragging.
>>
>>17709281

With that attitude yeah.
>>
>>17707145
if i didnt have my dog while i was living alone im pretty sure i would have lost it by now.
>>
25 almost 26 here.

Joined military almost a year ago now. It's been a great experience. Went from an unmotivated alcoholic shit to a functioning member of society again.

Been single since 2012 and don't really know what to do about it anymore. Ex gf from years ago addedicated back on social media but just quit responding and that's been it lately.
>>
>>17711182
Going to the cinema everyday after work is how I cope, just to forget I exist for a couple of hours at least.

I still get signs of stress/lonliness, I got 10 grey hairs within the span of a month and I'm only 27.
>>
>>17711115

Thank you, anon! I try to go for what I want without being afraid, but it's kind of hard sometimes. Shelter, water, food. That's all you really need, and keeping that in mind, I think I can go for it. I don't want to "fit in" if it means being miserable.

>>17711142

I'm making unconventional life choices and I'm fucking terrified.
>>
>>17707145
at least you have a house and not a mouse-ridden shitty apartment :(
>>
>>17707156
Try volunteering? That may help set you apart from other people if you don't have strong connections, you might be able to help make strong references through volunteering. Try the humane society or helping old people.
>>
>>17707258
I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem too hard to get started. It might depend on location, but it seems truckers are always needed.
>>
File: steveo_laugh.jpg (3KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
steveo_laugh.jpg
3KB, 204x200px
Turned 25 last month.

Barely employed.

20 Gs in debt.

Recently got the 'I need time' text from the only girl I ever loved.

And we're expected to do another 25 of these. I'm fucking done m8.

30 never, lads.
>>
>>17709300
Dated someone with BPD for 5 years. It was either heaven or hell. I would have her see a therapist/ get on meds. I couldn't take it anymore after 5 years but she didn't do shit about her condition. Otherwise you will be their caretaker or have to get used to dealing with their bullshit daily.
>>
>>17711663
>It was either heaven or hell
Well resumed, love is also that much stronger for people with BPD. Loyalty and devotion are going through the roof.

Well, we talked it over. I explained the situation. She said sorry multiple times, promised she won't get angry again (she will, it's a matter of control she doesn't have) and the makeup sex was great. But the problem stays.

Once I can, I'll wait for one outburst and pay for a therapist. I don't believe meds could be useful. She was smart enough to evolve since I met her and I'm afraid it changes her too radically. It is after all indeed heaven when she's calm.

Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>17707156
>>17709500
There is no justice in this world.

>>17707216
Exotic genes?

>>17708417
>Move to the east coast, you'll get that kind of cash as a dead end front end job and also be barely able to afford living.
This is mere, except I don't make that kind of cash send can't afford living. I live with my mother.
>>
>>17709347
How are you finding it? It's daunting as hell. If I want to pursue that trade I'd be 29/30 when I get a bachelors. That's while working and trying to support myself... Although family will back me up if it gets to that.
Feels lame.
>>
>>17709815
How are you managing money? Is it really JUST working odd jobs here or there. Then moving on? Cause I've been doing that for the last year and it's pretty awesome . Thing is, I'm getting older, 25, and don't think I can, or should sustain that.

What are some good trades that's relatively mobile? As in, I can travel and work around the country or world. Yet still maintain a career-level income?
>>
>>17711242
Fuck I've thought about going your route. Hoping it'd help pay for school. But I'm starting so damn late. Still, it'd get my headspace in order.
>>
>>17711242
branch? job? salary? thinking about joining to straighten myself out and make a buck or two
>>
>>17711579
>I'm making unconventional life choices and I'm fucking terrified.

Unconvetional? Man, it's the hip thing right now, loads of hipsters are doing it.
>>
>>17712065
>exotic
I live in Scandinavian and my dad is Obamacolor
>>
>>17711660
But 30s are so much more fun dude! I wish I knew when I was 25, so I wouldn't have to worry so much
>>
>>17712667
Other anon here. Tell me more would you? The studies are killing and I lack life outside of them. I feel that I'm shooting myself into foot by concentrating into career so much.
>>
>>17712667
Convince me. I'm planning on offing myself before I hit 30.
>>
I'm 32. A few years ago I chucked my BPD ex because she was a cheating psycho, and went into a new career. The only thing stopping you is yourself. You've got to take proactive steps to end and make relationships, to make job applications, relocate you life and push forward.

When you take control, you're in control.
>>
>>17712706
>>17712709
Believe me when I tell you you're most likely objectively better off than I am.

I'm >>17707216
I got about 70k dept.

But I stopped worrying, I stopped stressing out, and I've never before had this much fun with women, as I've had since turning 31. Twenties are all about stress, worries and time limits. The sooner you let go of that shit, the sooner you'll be ready to face a much better outlook. You feel like you do because of social constructs, and it's not made that way to be doing you any favours. You are alive, which means you won the lottery of the universe. There are enough actual, constructive motivational speakers out there. Study what they do, and let go of the teats of Hollywood and Madison Avenue's poisonous milk.

And for god's sake, studies are killing. You know that's temporary right?

Life is hard work, but it can be fun and exciting at the same time. And whatever you experience right now, remember that's only the residual outcome of your past decisions. Start making decisions that you deserve to receive the reaping from, and that are worthy of you, and you'll have a blast in your thirties.
>>
I got into a car accident a few years ago, and I think the recovery made me depressed.

I have a charismatic face in public, and so I get an appropriate amount of female attention. But really I'm broken and scared of relationships, though my last one of any real measure was years ago.

Suddenly, I have young girls flirting with me, some of them actually falling for me (like young girls are apt to do), and it just makes me feel like shit. It reminds me that I can't actually function within the confines of a relationship, and only serves to enforce my isolation.

I've slept with more women than I have fingers, but recently sex has made me more nervous and uncomfortable than it did when I lost my virginity like 10 years ago.
>>
26 year old. Gone from Neet to real job and have a gf. Very good at being social when I know its coming but still shitty off the cuff. But I want to be more of an "adult" in how people take me.

I want to get rid of my submissive "customer service voice".

I have a very deep voice and when I was in retail I'd find myself startling people when I asked if they need help. I found myself changing my voice to be less abrasive. Also people said my voice was very monotone and baritone. It's a higher pitched and more subservient voice that I used for customers after getting told again and again I needed to sound more "friendly".

Problem is, it comes out from time to time. When I am unsure of myself or if someone is upset with me. Usually the first time I meet someone it comes out. Then my real voice bleeds in and i think I could be coming across as fake to people.

I want to be more grounded and more relaxed socially. I'm also very bad at responding to friendly quips. If someone makes a light joke unexpectedly my brain defaults to a "haha yea" or something stupid.
>>
>>17712662
African or your rootless carribean kind?
>>
>>17713116
Cabo Verdean. Technically African, but was Portuguese until the 70s, and the population of just 500 000 is inherently mixed - so Atlantic, I guess.

There were no inhabitants on the island before slavery, so I'm basically the descendant of European traders and African slaves. My white Norwegian mother got some Dutch in her, and so does my father.
>>
>>17713561
>Technically African, but was Portuguese until the 70s, and the population of just 500 000 is inherently mixed - so Atlantic, I guess.

So not really African african?
>>
>>17707081
What happened to the lifesucks website? Did he finally kill himself?
>>
I haven't had a proper sleep in about 5 years now, everything just weighs so, so heavily on my mind.

You know, somehow, I prefered it when the area I live was a dumpster fire before to what it is now; a destination for hipsters and yuppies. Fuckers are so care-free.
>>
>>17714827
what city?
>>
>>17707081
25 man here. Still haven't moved out of parent's house. Graduated highschool at 18 went off to do trades. Three years later, did a new trade. Three years again and here I am back to square one.

Never did well in highschool enough to consider college, at best "passing." Now I am enrolled in local junior college and quit my trades jobs and am doing full time mechanical engineering degree.

I want to kill myself this is how depressed I am. I have had two girlfriends since and the one I'm with right now isn't making me happy at all. It sucks having no income and being stuck at homebase in your hometown where the only people you meet are the same retired elderly.

I so very much want to be in the college cities and meet people my age in a good working career. This shit sucks.
>>
30 male, I stay with 29gf most weekends and occasionally a weeknight. She's a morning shitter. No problem, so am I, it's just I go after cause she leaves early for work. But I don't know what's living or not living in her gut cause that after smell is literally death. Definitely
Lives up to the approach advice of if she's hot just imagine her taking a nasty shit. I teased her once and instead of friendly banter I got the evil stare. Still gets pissed when I fart so I just bear hug her in bed and let it rip. Am I being caring enough here?
>>
I'm 25, work for my Dad, will be taking over his company one day.

Can't bring myself to work everyday. I hate working. Not at the shop specifically, but just in general. I don't really have anything to add, other than I don't seem to have a driving force to do anything like everybody else does, nor do I really feel bad about not having one.

I'll probably end up homeless. meh
>>
>>17714836
London.

It's funny, they seem to consider tower blocks to be beautiful pieces of architechture instead of the ugly, oppressive stone coffins for the underclass.

Poverty is like a fashion statement for them.
>>
>>17712639
It really will make a difference. It wasn't easy but I'm now I'm the best shape of my life, have a decent job and prospects on a decent future. I just gotta quit. Rings an aspie with the ladies now.

>>17712652
I'm army, 25 series and the US military works on a pay scale that's the same across all branches so just do some go ogling on that and you should be good.
>>
>>17709565
Successful Freelanceanon for 4 years here. Protip: hire a desk/space in a bigger studio relevant to your job. There's loads of freelance collectives out there, you'll have like-minded people around you during the day. You'll get jobs via them, or work together with them from time to time.

Believe me, you'll go crazy working at home. Slowly but surely. Get yourself out there.
>>
>>17713977
No not really, no. Google it if you feel like asking the same question over and over.
>>
>tfw thinking about suicide makes you feel positive
>>
Its saturday 3:47PM over here, just went out for about and hour, seeing all those people hang out made me depressed because i have no friends at all, the only thing i have is sitting here again by myself all day.
>>
> decently paid job
> line manager is both extreme friendly and blunt at the same time
> renting a high-end flat above a suburban shopping park
> no friends to go out with (don't care), can contact friends around the country/world online
> new to living alone

The thing that bothers me most is that the plumber who's supposed to take care of this place hasn't come yet or eve given me a time. He spent the last week "waiting for parts", now he's got them he says he might come on the weekend and that he'll call me.

The problem with that is that I have to keep turning my water on/off at the valve to save my water bill becoming thousands. Also, I'm busy from 6:40am to 6:30pm every weekday (unless I know in advance) so I can't just have someone randomly drop in.

On a completely different note... are there any good places online to talk to people? When the internet was small there used to be tons of places and you would see the same people around the net. Now all sites seem to have died in favour of localised social media.
>>
>>17715925
>On a completely different note... are there any good places online to talk to people? When the internet was small there used to be tons of places and you would see the same people around the net. Now all sites seem to have died in favour of localised social media.

Lot's of reasons for this. One being that if you didn't link up with people and lurked on the forums instead during the early to mid 00s, you kinda missed the train.

I wouldn't blame for not joining the fray cos s lot of forum goers were lunatics.
>>
>>17715970
I did have a reputation 'back in the day' but I thought most things had died, or maybe I didn't move to some new platform. Just for the fun of it, I'm going to fire up IRC and take a look around.
>>
>>17715520
kek
>>
>>17716216
>kek

"...it was amazing, I was inside a police cell..." was part of a sentence uttered by some hipsters walking past me late at night in the poshest fucking accent.
>>
Hey guys

I'm not 25+ but I wanted to share about myself since I think I qualify for it. Here it goes.

Just turned 21 about a month ago.
Moved out from my dad's in early May this year with my girlfriend (She's 23)
Nice one bedroom apartment, 768sq.
We both work at the airport (she works part-time as a gate agent and I work at the Currency Exchange)
We both make decent money together around 35k a year.
She is already done with her BA looking to be a history teacher and work towards a PhD so she can do college.
I'm still working on my BA for business, and even though I work full-time I manage to get good grades and be on track with everything.
We have been together for almost 2 years now, thinking about marriage.
We don't do drugs or have any addictions besides playing videogames a lot.
Pretty happy with life in general, sometimes I get anxious about the future, but I try to live day by day.

I just feel that age doesn't really matter if you wanna achieve your goals and live happily. If you have a change of mind, and really motivate yourself to do good, you'll do great. Like I said, I'm 21 and I know most 21 year olds mostly are focused on partying and fucking whores and whatnot, but then they feel the guilt that they didn't prepare themselves. Even if you start out good and it ends bad, you can grow stronger and do better next time. Never give up, anons.

- Love, anon
>>
26 here

Married, one daughter, living in a 3 bedroom house and working as a Infrastructure Construction and Maintenance Overseer.

I've only recently taken on my job and am considering my options. I've come from a mining engineering background (where logic and being impersonal were desirable traits) into a civil management role where I just deal with BS and internal politics all day. I did hope to work in management one day but feel like I've made the jump too soon. When I took the job I was sold it as being similar to an engineering role but it is now clearly not the case.

I've had a few job offers from my network come in over the past 4 months plus 2 managers in different organisations who have been trying to get me back on board for a few years now, I'll ride this out for a while longer but I doubt I've found what I've been looking for
>>
turn 25 soon
have tons of money but zero desire to move out of parents house
>>
I'm 25 and still get treated like a child. I am so fucking tired of hearing people liking the idea of living
>>
>>17716911
>21

I'm not even gonna read it since you can't either.

Piss off.
>>
>>17716911
>21

Your entire post is a humble-brag irrelevant to 25+ people.
>>
25, High School dropout, working on getting that certificate through a shitty system. I really don't care, I don't want to be a slave. However I don't currently have a way to make me the shekel once I get out of my parents' house.
I am a computerfag, mostly an adminfag. I am thinking of trying all I can to get a job doing anything from C programming to system/network administration. I'm hoping I'll be able to do some independent work with freelance network stuff.
However I'm... kind of having a computer crises.... it sucks to be honest. I can't get myself to pick a subject because to be honest neither catches my attention anymore. I've been thinking Perl, /bin/sh, and network stuff would be my best option, for everybody neets their networks mantained and fixed and scripting languages are smooth. However, I can't get myself to read those books.....
I can't even stick to an OS because my autism gets me in every other direction.
I'm thinking my best plan is to read Learning Perl and my stack of TCP/IP books that I have, but it's a rather dry subject and I keep jumping....
If I focus, I can be good at it, and I do mean good....but since it's mostly for the money the motivation languishes.... not that I do any computer stuff for fun anymore, which is very sad.
I hate those elitists at lainchan who've killed all the joy for computers in me with their bitter lisp-zaelotry.
>>
>>17707156
Try volunteering somewhere. It's something to put on a resume and you might be able to network with some new people.
>>
File: IMG_0134.jpg (21KB, 203x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0134.jpg
21KB, 203x197px
Turned 25 in September. Failed uni, wasted my early twenties getting drunk alone and banned from video games while living at home, waking up my parents for them to discover I took their booze while yelling at people in said games, fapped to all kinds of absolute degenerate material, inherited a lot of money, blew a lot of it on the same pathetic lifestyle.

Now I'm living out of the house, working a minimum wage job while attempting to scrape a degree out of university with the credits I have. I haven't had a gf in five years. I'm not even ugly, just skinny and pathetic. Did I mention I was a total pothead since high school?

Shit. Don't get my started on all the perversions and defilement that go on in my brain and I am totally ok with.

Is it possible to kill yourself emotionally by watching dehumanizing porn? Because I feel dead.

Did I mention I still fap to thinking about fucking my sister? I mean I don't want to, but I think about that time in the cabin of the cruise ship when it totally was gonna happen but didn't thankfully. I don't know why I think of this shit. Honestly anything gets me off. I'm so disconnected from reality that nothing makes any sense not even the consequences of the poem I watch on the girls that are in it...

I could go on and on with how pathetic I am. I think it all started when I was about eight and my sister got me to finger her. After some more of that and some reeeaaal awkward childhood moments involving me and other boys(not even gay, just trained by sister to do sex stuff) I found internet porn, and then found lime wire, and man that was a reaaal nasty habit former. Some nasty shit trades around on there. I can't even think about all the degenerate shit I've done in my life and the people I've ran away from, there's too much.
>>
>>17717479
I don't even fap... I just grind my dick into my mattress every morning and sometimes at naps until I edge or cream my pants. Don't need porn to do it. Wtf is that about plz tell me why I don't try and stop that
>>
27. I'm able to support myself but nothing crazy. Just very lonely. Almost had a long term gf 2 years ago and it was the happiest I've been in a while. Hate my job but afraid of leaving. Friends are gone and it's hard to make new ones. My dreams are dead. I just want to love someone again and hang out with them and watch youtube.
>>
>>17707081
I'm turning 25 in three weeks, there's a constant pain and screaming from the back of my mind because I'm alone, it just doesn't stop. Right now I'm deciding between doing something with my life or killing myself because I don't see te point anymore.
>>
>>17716911
You just don't understand. People are not you.
this is a place for 25+ year olds, your life is irrelevant, meaning we don't give a fuck.
>>
>>17717539
My usual advice is try. Whenever there is a choice between doing anything and killing yourself, I'd say first try then kill yourself, because you can't do it the other way around.
You might try and fail and think there's something else you can try, but if you kill yourself you... pretty much lose by default. You can try the craziest shit ever and then kill yourself, so, try. Try, try like a man who has nothing to lose, after all, you'll kill yourself afterwards
>>
>>17717343
I like the idea of living
>>
28. Grad student in Japan; from India, studied in Germany too. Doctoral thesis due in a month and I'm like 5% done. Could finish it easily but I'm a procrastinator. I like what I'm studying, but I feel I'm not ready to graduate, which is a lesser reason. Single as the day is long. Haven't really figured out the opposite sex, romance-wise. I really can't be bothered by much. Eh.
>>
>>17717623
Why? What's your secret? I'd rather be asleep and dreaming all the time.
>>
pretty sure I don't want to live anymore but don't want to make my family suffer by killing myself either. nothing gives me actual long term pleasure. things I might enjoy doing are only enjoyable for the time being; I have no fond memories or anything to look forward to. wtf am I doing with my life
>>
I'm 25. I think i'm starting to have male pattern balding on my hairline.
I have also come to the crushing realization that i'm unattractive. My long time buddy confirmed in the most respectful way he could.
He goes something like "I mean...you have a sort of funny browline bone".
Not to mention that my hair is like a black dudes frizz mixed with a wavy haired brunette's.
I haven't dated since high school.
Fuck man. I'd like to be at least average. Not a fuckin ugly shit.
I would be lying if I said I didn't desire at least slightly attractive features.
It kills me a bit inside when people around me give each other compliments and I never receive any.
I want to stop caring so I don't have to feel the pain anymore. ffs man
>>
File: 1393369089325.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1393369089325.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
I'm 25 and I make around $110k a year and should be around $250k or more in my 30s but I'm still not really satisfied... on the other hand I'm a weeb who just wants cute friends to play games and cosplay with but no other rich people seem into that sort of thing

Guess I'll just aim for $1m
>>
>>17717479
Have you even ever made love to a woman?

I don't want to bash you, but you might very well be the equivalent of a girl who's fucked 40 guys before turning twenty-one and won't understand why people consider her damaged goods.
I might not find many who agree with me, but you are redeemable.

You just need to change your perspective on men and women, because you'll find yourself in a very isolated place if you don't seek out higher values.

Porn is not your friend. It's basically the opposite of what makes sex most interesting.
>>
>>17707081
it's my birthday today, family & friends gathering at house as usual every Sunday but not specifically for my birthday. Got me a cake as a side thing, that's cool I guess. No birthday song since I'm not really into that shit.

Family asks me to hold a camera to make a happy birthday song video for their family friend overseas. That just broke something inside of me for some reason. I teared up a bit and I'm just sitting in my room alone again.
>>
>>17718039
>It kills me a bit inside when people around me give each other compliments and I never receive any.

Kinda realised that late didn't you?

I only ever 2 compliments in my life of 26 years, both from predatory faggots, which is a lot worse I guess.
>>
26. Still working on an undergraduate degree at university. Had to put off going for a long time because of family stuff.

I have no idea how to relate to the people around me anymore due to being so much older than the other students, but being so much younger than the other "mature" students.

I feel completely isolated and unable to make any real connections. I can't get a job and everyone I knew from my hometown is going from strength to strength in careers, relationships and so on.

I just don't know what to do.
>>
25, dumpy-bodied, poorly-groomed, sandals/tee/gym shorts-wearing friendless ugly jewlet, living in an apartment my parents pay for, using their money to buy my fucking video games and fast food and shit, commute to school (but skip half my classes because i'm a lazy spineless fuck-up, my gpa is beyond repair), don't have hobbies beyond tv/animu/games, don't have any talents, don't have any drive, don't know what i'm even doing at school (dad is an MD, just defaulted to this idea of chem BS -> master's or PhD -> vet school (because i have no chance of acceptance on undergrad merits) but i don't even know if that's what i want to do

suicide? i can't really say there's much tethering me to life.
>>
>>17719831
>I have everything handed to me. Better neck myself.
?
>>
>>17707258
Why couldnt you hold your job down?
>>
>>17719846
>it's worth living as a parasite
>>
>>17719868
>giving an opportunity to become a fucking Doctor
>waste it being a lazy bum
>but Im noble enough to kill myself so I stop being a "parasite"

Your dad is literally giving you all this without you asking and you still want to turn yourself into a emo parasite because your lazy? To ways to stop being a parasite, kys or make your dad proud and happy by going to school and making something of yourself. If you kys do it because you were to shit to make it on easy street not because you are being considerate with dads wallet.
>>
I made the mistake of majoring in journalism in college. Although I've had some articles featured in major publications, I quickly learned I wasn't well suited to the industry.

Currently I'm working as an administrative assistant. I'm good at the job, in particular when I'm not dealing with customers, but it's a dying profession. Most of the work will be automated soon.

I copped out of math classes in college because of high test scores and AP credits. I'd like to go back to school and for a more practical degree. At 28 I don't have much time left to find a career track. Whether I enjoy my work doesn't matter. I only care about earning enough to survive.

What should I study?
>>
File: 1477733157995.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1477733157995.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>27 year old manlet
>haven't been in a relationship in nearly a decade
>only things in my life are decent job, shitposting, politics

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>17720040
I'd take a decent job over my situation. My last relationship was four years and a few weeks ago; that was the last time I had sex. Shitposting and politics are at least fun.
>>
>>17708417
>Move to the east coast
Just don't go to New England because there's literally nothing here for anyone aged 20-30. Unless you want to work at a used car dealership or a casino for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17720108
>used car dealership or a casino for the rest of your life.

If it's steady work, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
27, no serious gf but dating a 22 year old still in college. I have a degree and work in the tech field. I hate it. One of my friends killed them self two weeks ago and it's got me thinking about the direction my life is going
>>
>>17720327
You have a job and dating someone. Why aren't you happy?
>>
>>17720327
I'm thinking about moving into the tech field. What are the downsides?
>>
>>17720327
So much for the STEM meme, money must be nice but if you don't truly love what you do (whatever the area), it must feel like shit and you're going to be frustrated and depressed.
>>
coming up towards 27, have a job but living at home saving up money and helping my folks at the same time. have about 15k saved up. need to upgrade jobs, not sure what i want to do. thinking about hvac. how much does trade school generally cost? any tips at mitigating the regret of wasting time being a loser neet until 25? been keeping a journal the last week as a sort of to do list/motivator, if i write it down i have to do it. it's helpful.
>>
>>17720394

Liking what you do is a meme.
>>
>>17720427
Then what? Be a battery to the system between 21-60 and then die? If you enjoy it and you're happy, fine, but that guy maybe doesn't.
>>
>>17720439

>Be a battery to the system between 21-60 and then die? If you enjoy it and you're happy, fine, but that guy maybe doesn't.

Pretty much. The alternative is get rich or amazing at something. Things can be enjoyed, if you are amazing at them. But again, for most people, it's a meme.
>>
NEET right now, just quit my job last week.
Picked a major that I ended up hating in a desperate attempt to seem more marketable when switching from a major that has no career prospects
Graduated without finding a job
Live with my parents and barely even speak with them
No real friends in over a decade
No relationship experience ever
Basically no human contact at all
Trying to go back to school despite being in debt and having no job
Only ever had 1 job I didn't hate
Completely straight edge, don't drink, don't do drugs, am a virgin, try not to even masturbate. Nothing numbs the pain.
Can't even be /fit/ like I want to because it's useless with all the crap food my family keeps in the house

The only light I have at the end of the hellscape is getting my certificate from going to school so I can get a job that pays well and that I theoretically shouldn't hate. No idea how I'm going to pay for all of it, shit for jobs around here. If I hadn't internalized all the loneliness as just a natural fact of life, I would have offed myself long ago.
>>
>>17720439
Yeah. That's it.

>>17720032 <--This is me. What should I do to make ends meet?
>>
>>17720475
I'm sorry for changing the topic but, can you even be considered a NEET if it has been a week since you last worked?
>>
28 year old virgin

Nowadays I do get some attention.

But I have this weird patch of skin on my waist that makes it all bad. So even when I get approached I try to avoid it now.
>>
I suck...
I'm good at nothing.... and probably never will.
I tried... several things. Computer stuff (mainly programming, but also admin) was my main focus for the past few years but I haven't done but two goddamn projects, and i have nothing to do... I have an intention for a project but I am too divergent and I... I just don't have the resilience to take on a big project. I'm sick of reading (the first ~50 pages of) pdfs on varied subjects only to do nothing at the end.
I tried Go, but after 2 years of playing I haven't gotten past the ddk level, particularly, I'm still an 18k and still lose miserably to ~15k players.
What else is there for me? I've always wanted to focus on one thing and get good at it but it seems that these things (in which I've spent most of my energy for the past few years) are just not for me. It's time to give up on them because I'm clearly not making any progress. But then... what?
What can I do? I have nothing... take all the technical stuff away from me and... there's almost nothing... I've never been the creative type so all art stuff is a nope.
Physical activity is my last resource. But.... I'm worthless. I am. I don't know how I could convince myself otherwise
>>
>>17718039
>I'm 25. I think i'm starting to have male pattern balding on my hairline.
Take biotin, it's supposed to help your hair grow. I'm taking the highest dose right now (10,000 units) but you might want to talk to your doctor first. I can't make any promises it'll work. I just started 10K. It's a kind of B vitamin, so it's water soluble so you can't OD on it.

25 is probably when my hairline started receding, and I only noticed it over the summer. This explains why my hair always clumps together in the middle.
>>
>>17718486
I hate you…

What do you do that you're paid do much?

>>17720032
Currently I'm working as an administrative assistant. I'm good at the job, in particular when I'm not dealing with customers, but it's a dying profession. Most of the work will be automated soon.
Read something recently that the jobs most difficult to automate will be jobs that "work with people" and work that requires a lot of critical thinking/problem solving

>>17720316
I know at least the dealer wouldn't be. You either sell or lose your job.
>>
>>17720518
Well, he isn't employment, education or training. And he also qualifies for the 4chan additional requirements of isolation and misery.
>>
>>17720475
>Completely straight edge

Harms your social standing quite a lot these days.
>>
File: 3219773.jpg (62KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
3219773.jpg
62KB, 630x420px

i think it's time i died.
>>
I've known since freshman high school how close I was to going full NEET but even with that knowledge I just can't fucking STOP. I have ambitions, an interest in 3 hobbies, a close relationship with family, a good supply of vitamins and nutrients and close friends, Everything you'd ever need to make sure you don't go under , NO reason to go full neet but I'm stuck in this bullshit fucking loop of procrastinating over literally everything important or productive just to bullshit over the fucking internet and smoke. I understand how bad these things are, but no matter what I hardly change in the simplest of ways. I fucking despise this loop more than anything I've known but it just doesn't fucking stop no matter how hard I want it to. Every step forward I take only ends up two steps back. One week everything goes nice, the next three is internet7 hours straight followed by a marathon fap session til I fall asleep or my dick hurts. Fucking sick of it, the last 3 years feel like a blur of the same fucking trash. Every opportunity I have to become something better than mediocre comes by but then I see the work needed to do and all I do is fucking avoid it, I'm reaching the peak of my life and I don't even have the power to make a difference of it. what a fucking joke, if I could go back in time and meet the 12 year old autistic me (no my bad he's still autistic) I'd fucking slap the shit out of him. Almost every situation I have little to offer, there's almost nothing to my life when I try to make conversation other than thinking of (oh next time there will be something in my life worth talking about!!) but that shit still hasn't happened. It's like my whole existence is nothing but some blue ball purgatory react channel devoid of real talent waiting to die last second before some real content comes into existence. Everything I do makes me cringe in the end and I'M ONLY FUCKING 20 HOW THE FUCK DO YOU STOP THIS
>inb4 kys, not fair to loved ones
>>
>>17720885
I'm horrible with people. Critical thinking and problem solving is my forte. I'm decent at algebra, but not geometry. Is there a chance I could make it in computer science?
>>
>>17721436
Yup, sounds like the route was specifically made for you.
>>
27/f here. Got an associates in my preferred field at 22, deferred loans and worked weekends while I finished an unpaid internship, actually got the job at 23 and started paying loans. Am now living comfortably with girlfriend, an upcoming promotion, two rotties, and my parents accept and love us and are already socking away money for our wedding, which we actually don't need because we'll both be making six figure salaries by the end of the quarter after next.

It's fucking irritating. I can't stand them, I've been wanting to (but not trying to) break up with her for months, this house creeps me the fuck out, and I can't be assed to show the dogs any affection at all. Let me trade lives with some queer girl that's actually hated by her family and struggling to get by, or ramen-chomping art degree neet living in a van, at least they'd appreciate all this nice shit I've got.
>>
>>17721458
>I've been wanting to (but not trying to) break up with her for months
why though
>>
I'm 26 and got my license in massage therapy few years back. Doing ok, making ~25k a year and living in an apt with my boyfriend. Looking to maybe venture into new career territory, but not sure what. I want to end up making at least 40k yearly. Was thinking maybe marketing or communications but not really sure where to go next.
>>
>>17721481
It just seems like it'd be more effort than it'd be worth, and I'm worried she'll make it all dramatic and I hate feeling bad about shit I can't control. Maybe I'm just waiting for her to get bored and make the first move. I dunno.
>>
>>17721502
>It just seems like it'd be more effort than it'd be worth
Ok, but where do you want to be in 20 years. Not with her, right? The longer you postpone it the harder it will be to get there. Better to rip off the bandaid quickly than slowly.
>>
>>17721523
>in 20 years
Dude I've never thought that far ahead in my life, I might be dead by then for all I know. I don't even know what I'm gonna do for lunch tomorrow.
>>
>>17721533
Maybe it would be a good start to change that thought process. Whenever I'm with a girl or headed down some path I think about where I would want to be in the future, and if this path will take me there.

Makes things much simpler for me. Not easier necessarily, since said woman might actually be a nice person for instance, but definitely more straight forward.
>>
>>17721550
The thing is that we're both kind of mutually apathetic towards one another. We talk now and then, we've fucked MAYBE ten times this year. Every time our future gets brought up we both just kind of shrug. I don't think anything would change if we broke up. I'd still let her live here and we might still fuck when we felt like it. Neither of us has really been interested in anyone else these past 7-8 years so it's not like there's any rush to end it.
>>
I love comparing with people my age and then realizing that there are still a lot of other people with shit trajectories, so I'm not alone.

I guess the only thing to do is to revel in it.
>>
>>17721033
I know, but I'm just trying to be healthy and I'm not willing to compromise on that no matter how boring it makes me. I'd prefer to be with a crowd that doesn't like the idea of fun at the expense of their bodies and minds anyhow, but that requires money I don't have.

It all comes back to that. It feels like I'm not allowed to be happy until I'm making at least $15-20/hr, and no one wants to pay me that much
>>
I ghosted everyone I know because of work and how shit people are to me on face value. Thinking of just packing my shit and going on a backpack trip for a year to some other continent not giving a fuck.
>>
>>17721886
>I'd prefer to be with a crowd that doesn't like the idea of fun at the expense of their bodies and minds anyhow, but that requires money I don't have.

Yeah, that's kind of the issue now, finding straight-edge people (that aren't insufferable).
>>
File: tumblr_nvczylXcTF1qljtvjo1_400.jpg (26KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvczylXcTF1qljtvjo1_400.jpg
26KB, 400x397px
25 here. Still living with my aunt and parents while out of school for the 3rd fucking time due to being broke again. Just one last year to finish, but thinking of going to a university in my home city. Currently working a shitty minimal wage job at my local grocery store. The only things that make me remotely happy is my GF, video games or jerking off to femboys and traps online.

I feel emotionally at a dead end here; fat as fuck, feel like I'm missing a lot of out life, have to borrow my mom's car to do anything since my aunt destroyed mine, and having second thoughts on my major since I feel like the work isn't helping me become more of social person.

I'm not really an alcoholic, but I've been considering drinking more lately
>>
>See a thread on /adv/ about what happened to cool kids from high school
>Can only think of an assholish bully, I almost forgot everyone else (friends excepted)
>Google
>That asshole died 4 years ago, one year after he got his leg cut off in a subway accident and stopped his career as a professional jock.
>Rejoice
Well, as petty as it is from me, I've to admit it feels good to reach 25 when others did not. It also helps others to feel good about their life. At least you're not that guy.
>>
>>17707081
25, 26 next month. I've fucked up completely since leaving university. I didn't get into the Civil Service, I didn't get into Sandhurst, I haven't been able to get any jobs, I don't have any money and it's getting to the stage where the last time I left the house was when I got back from Westbury apart from short trips to go buy enough booze to make me feel normal. I can't even drink anymore because I got blackout drunk a few weeks back and apparently had a shouting match with them.I should have stayed in Academia or just not bothered with university. I'm literally a pathetic loser. I was going to go for a walk today up a nearby hill but apparently even the way I dress is weird enough because apparently my father said I looked like a flasher, so now I just did my ironing.

I spend my time just applying for jobs online, refreshing 4chan and Youtube and sleeping. I try and offer to do things around the house but they always say that they're being done or that I would mess them up. I feel like screaming all the time and I can't sleep which is annoying them because they think I should get up at seven in the morning every day but if I do, I'm a zombie and I can barely think because I can't sleep for more than a few hours.

I've applied to every volunteer place, every charity shop, etc online near me at least once a week and no one answers. I'm not happy unless I'm drunk and my savings and relationships won't let me get drunk. I just try and eat as little as I can.
>>
Bumpin
>>
>>17709591
I am a little late but eventbrite helps a lot to meet people.
>>
27 wageslave, no real friends, no gf, etc.

Honestly, I would like to find other geeks my age, but it's a bit late for me to join a (formally) niche social circle at 27, especially now everyone claims geek these days. The pool has kinda of been diluted and concentrated at the same time.

I mean, I've been to a couple of cons (with a group, not friends persay) it seems like (aside from the flood of normies) most geeks have already established their social circles.

It's like I been pushed out my own niche.
>>
>27
>kv
>very few real friends
>never had a GF
>never been on a date
>shitty job
>dropped out of college because of depression
>don't want to work anymore
>like at all
>the thought alone is making me more suicidal
>cant get money without a job
>cant live without money
>health is deteriorating because I can't find the will to take care of myself
>apartment is a shit hole full of trash

It's only a matter of time, now.
>>
it's my birthday, 26
>>
>>17723578
>basically same situation as me but one year older
hello me from the future
>>
>>17707293
What did you do to turn it all around in less than two years? I am willing to put in work but could use some guidance.
>>
Girl I used to do work flirting with has decided to message my wife on Facebook and tell her that I cheated on her, and that I told crazy work whore that I was going to leave my wife for her. Never happened, never would happen. I asked my wife to just drop it and block her after explaining the situation to her, but she keeps getting messages and getting upset. She tells me she trusts me that nothing happened, but she's still humoring this lunatic. How do I get her to drop this?
>>
>>17707081
27 in about a month, no job, just education in field I give two shits about (not going to go into it), still live at home, goals died when I was 23. 23 is were it all fell apart. I was chasing a dream but realized it wasn't meant to be so I became depressed. Almost 4 years have been quite the rollercoaster. I had a job for 9 months before I got laid off last year, it was not much but I considered it as a stepping stone out of the rut but that was too much to dream for. Spend this whole year searching and applying for a job with no luck.

>tfw your family thinks you are a bum even when you are trying to find a job.

I really don't know, I like being creative but its that 1 percent that get to be make a great living off creativity. I have a few friends who I hang with once in Haley's comet. No gf since 2011 but I am not concerned with that since I know I have to get my shit sraight before I ever think to bother, dating is nowhere in my near future. In all honesty, I would like to better my life and myself, that is proving to be overly difficult to a point where its all for nothing.
>>
>>17724077
>tfw your family thinks you are a bum even when you are trying to find a job.
it's ok my extended family is pissed of I am not a bum. After a decade of being sure I would amount to nothing, I now have a degree, a career, and own a home.

I have no friends, and have never been intimate with anyone, but at least they don't know / don't harass me about that.
>>
>>17721436
Don't ask me. I'm not the admin assistant. I forgot to greentext that paragraph.

>>17721886
>feels like I'm not allowed to be happy until I'm making at least $15-20/hr, and no one wants to pay me that much
Don't think that will change anything. I make a little over $16/hr, and I'm still miserable.

>>17721946
I imagine this happening to my worst enemies, and it's not satisfying at all.

There is no justice in this world. Don't let anon's post convince you otherwise.
>>
>>17724400

Different anon, but I'm making $12.60, and $16/hr would certainly fucking help.
>>
I turn 25 in a hour
>>
After reading these posts, I feel so tremendously lucky to be able to land a decent tech job early this year after so many years of being a partial NEET.
>>
25 and clinically single. Feels bad man. It'd be nice to fall asleep holding a woman again.

I'm average looking and not a social retard, so women show interest in me time to time. But I hate myself quite a bit and that really makes it hard to grow close to anyone. As soon as I get a crush on a girl, my first instinct is to distance myself from her. The last thing I want to do is to pile my problems on top of someone else's, and I'm not entirely sure I have enough 'positive' aspects to outweigh them either.

Also I'm an extremely restless sleeper so I'd be kicking the shit out of anyone else in my bed.
>>
25 not far 26

Got a small house, own car, no debts (minus mortgage), 1 good paying job and 1 prestigious one. Reasonably active life but all my hobbies and work are male dominated. I'm good at not showing it but I'm desperately lonely, living on your own and sometimes not saying a word all day to somebody sucks horribly
>>
Just gonna ramble on here. 25 here.

Last March, my first girlfriend broke up with me, she is 21. We had a ton of fights about our differences, which were mainly due to her not coping with small stuff and feeling like a nagging bitch and me feeling just guilty all the time because I was not even sure I was a good person for all this stuff. She went on Exchange to Taiwan in February, so it was also on the other side of the world. I already had my flight tickets booked and eventually visited the country myself in May (which was when we would have our 1 year anniv.)

Last July, I graduated from university and obtained my Master's. I always said to myself I was too stupid for university and was really, really, proud of myself when I finally achieved this. I also contributed to a published paper with researchers and presented this in Manchester. Afterwards I went travelling solo to Peru for about 1,5 month and am now back for 1 month as well. Next week Wednesday I have my first job interview at a great company which I am really enthusiastic for. Last week I had my first Tinder date which went pretty good, but she just recently broke up with a long term BF, so we just kept it chill. Just good vibes.

When I was in Peru, I made myself a list of things to do every week: go running/walking in the woods, work 3 times a week, apply 2-3 times a week, listen to new music (I write music reviews), etc, etc. I do this every week, as well. I play some games, talk with friends, sometimes just eat out on my own, seeing my network, etc.

The point is, is that I am still feeling so unfulfilled in life and I don't know why. Ever since my ex broke up with me, I have been saying 'Just give the rest of the time, attention, and need to yourself. And underneath all of this, I have this huge need or lust for companionship. And I don't get it. I'm definitely not ready for another long term or serious relationship at all and I just have the urge to go experimenting as well. I do all the stuff.
>>
Getting to have sex with a woman makes me feel good. Getting rejected after a woman made out with me or had sex with me befoire but doesnt want to anymore hurts like shit.
>>
File: kauppisen jengi.png (207KB, 1653x917px) Image search: [Google]
kauppisen jengi.png
207KB, 1653x917px
Is not having friends at 27 somekind of common social phenomenon or just the usual thing for imageboard users? Way too many stories like that itt and most are 27yo
>>
>>17724868
Its because a lot of people are repellent to others for friendship/sex/relationships.

Women experience this too, not just men. Its something wherein an individual manages to fail to fit in in a number of subtle social contexts such as body language or reading others, and thus is ostracized subconsciously by thoes around them, so they do not create long term frienships.

Nietzsche had a saying that the reason women's friendships don't last like men's friendships is because they try to hold onto it and it falls to pieces, while men's friendships are built on something more solid.

for every 1 in 25 people out there (autism numbers), they are exactly like this claim by Nietzsche. He was wrong in saying that it is women or solely women, he missed that it is actually the way in which friendship is expressed.

Humans are very adept in general at "organic" relationship building. If something feels forced, , if it feels stilted, or there's a feeling of anxiousness over success for one of the people in it, it'll turn off the other person and they'll just have a vague emotional impression, sometimes labeled creepy, sometimes labeled annoying, depends on the gender of the person stating it.
>>
>>17724868
Not having friends is pretty unique to us.

>>17724884
>tangent about super autist Nietzsche
>a dude so autistic that when he entered a brothel he went straight for the piano in there and then left cos he was too embarrassed.

I wouldn't put too faith in his words.

You know, when I think about people like Nietzsche, Van Gogh, Tesla and others, it's weird how normies romanticise them, their lives and their deaths. Or how they claim they can relate to them even though they were socially/emotionally stunted loners.
>>
>>17724868
My older sister and my older brother have no friends. They're good people and I can vouch for them. They're both 30+. I don't think it's common but it's not a big deal.

Instead of worrying about having or finding friends, maybe you could just try to find someone who shares a constructive interest with you?
>>
>>17724868

It's unique. Most people at that age already have husbands and children to take up their time, but everyone hangs onto at least one shitty friend from high school and one okay friend from college.
>>
>>17724868

It depends on the context, but late 20s is a transitional period into adulthood for many (finding financial independence, settling down and marrying/starting a family, etc.) and having a career and responsibilities like that often makes your social life take the backseat.

It's not like high school or college where people just have class and maybe a part time job, relationships aren't as serious and everyone just wants to party
>>
>>17712662
is it true that Sweden is basically the promised land for brown/black people?

it seems that just by being born brown Swedish women seem to believe you have earned the right to enter their vagina. all I've heard are these outlandish stories of third world immigrants going to Sweden and suddenly being treated like sexual gods in a way they've never been treated before.

is it really even half as good as it sounds?
>>
>>17708451
As someone living in a non-ghetto area of VA I can attest to this. 45k is just enough to live on your own and save up a little here.
>>
Got a dental appointment tomorrow to fix my cavity neet teeth!

I'm almost completely normal!
>>
I am a terrible driver. I've been driving on and off but altogether infrequently for 10 years. I'm fine on country roads but innacity I get a panic attack. Especially parking, I suck at parking. I either hit the curb or another vehicle about a tenth of the time, and that's when I specifically avoid parallel parking. I'd sooner park it five blocks away than try to parallel. I'm also extremely inattentive no matter how hard I try. I just zone out... On busy highways and especially merges I start hyperventilating.

What should I do? I need a vehicle although I don't drive it every day. I use my bike or walk whenever possible, but I do need a vehicle on occasion, and I must move it frequently because street cleaning. Should I just drive only during like 4 AM when there is no traffic? Please help me, I'm a hopeless moron. Are there people who simply cannot become a competent driver? If I get in an accident I am fucked. (I have work all day...will check thread when I get home.)
>>
>>17725251
What kind of vehicle are you usually driving?
Do you think a small vehicle would be more beneficial to you?
>>
>>17707081
>The 25+ thread, since most threads are by idiot kids who don't realise how much time and effort they're wasting on a chinese cartoon board.

So let's make way for the idiot 25+ year olds who waste time on chinese cartoon boards.
>>
>>17725150

>is /pol/ correct in their sweeping racial generalizations?

What the fuck do you think?
>>
27 tomorrow reporting in.

>just left my (first) job of 7 years in software development about three months ago.
>country of origin was very shitty eastern european so I worked hard to keep gf in uni and raise a bit of money
>moved to the Swedish countryside and we are in the process of buying a house in the middle of Sweden
>no job market here, even locals have problems finding jobs
>gf got a cleaning job at local kindergarten and does other cleanings jobs here and there
>kept her in uni for this... her diploma is not worth jack shit here but at least we have (i think) the basic necessaries
>been looking for 2 months for a job here but the lack of connections have made it so far impossible.
>just want a job here so i can work and cherish like never before... :(
>I cannot imagine having to return to that awful depressing place of origin

Really hope it gets better next year...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477920188679.jpg (58KB, 960x957px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477920188679.jpg
58KB, 960x957px
How come being a "real man" is determined if you get laid or not? I'm 25 and a virgin but had my fair share of erotic experiences. I don't want a girlfriend and at times I don't even care for sex. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.
>>
>>17725272
That's some weird ass brag.
>>
>>17725270
Why did you move to Sweden when you know there's a massive job crisis, when immigration is high and housing is expensive?
>>
>>17707145
27 and I wish I could live alone, dictate my own diet and everything
>>
>>17724404
Where I live, it's not enough to have your own place without living paycheck to paycheck. That's not a sustainable diffusion, because one crisis and I'd be moving back in with my mom…and I don't think I'd be able to handle that.

I've concluded I need to make at least $40K/yr to be completely self-sufficient. This is just a slightly educated guess. An apartment around here costs half my monthly income. I would be rent poor.

>What about roommates?
No…more…roommates!!! Unless I can find the Joey Tribbiani to my Chandler Bing.

>>17725154
Seriously? VA?!?!?! I have rethink my goals then.

>>17725251
You just need time behind the wheel. No one is naturally a "good" driver.
>>
Just moved to coquille OR, I went to /soc/ but it was all penis
>>
31 YO Anon here

I never spent a day in a college classroom. IMO "You have to go to college" is one of the biggest lies ever told to a generation.

Right before the end of High school, Intel came in for a career day. I signed up for a paid internship for after school and was hired 3 months later. I made $15/hour working at intel learning supply-chain.

Fast forward 2 years, I applied for a corporate position in a very large company as a supply-chain analyst and worked my way up to lead marketing analyst within 4 years.

With that experience I moved slightly backwards in terms of companies to work for a medium sized local business (once you work for a large household-name company, medium sized businesses will hire you and pay you a lot)

At the medium-sized business, I learned how MOST businesses work in terms of cash-flow, supply-chain, marketing, labor, etc.

I am now 31 and a Creative Marketing Director for a company with about 200,000 customers. I make my own hours.

Next step is establishing a network. Skills get you so far but it's your network that makes you an asset.

I will happily answer any questions for anyone looking to get into marketing (real marketing, not "SEO" or "Digital")
>>
>>17725406
How do you avoid thinking most things are trash and garbage, I just want to distribute food for free. Seriously if it ends up as garbage then it was garbage all along.
>>
>>17725406

How much does socialization and being able to communicate your thoughts are in this job?
>>
>>17725339
>massive job crisis, when immigration is high and housing is expensive
Actually, apparently that is only valid in city areas or the south of Sweden. Houses are cheap as hell out here in the countryside. You can get a decent house for 40-50k euros and the people actually want you here (since there are very few people anyway).

Chose Sweden because it's 180 compared to the place I am coming from (in terms of living standards, mindset and government). I just want to contribute to this awesome place and make it even better if possible.

inb4 polluting our country with more immigration/go back to where you came from/make sweden great again
Heard that shit on /pol/ and i think it's retarded to judge people based on the location they were born. People have been moving around for thousands of years, get over it.
>>
>>17725574
Actually the current wave of migration is completely unprecedented in global history, but alright.
>>
>>17725593
It is absolutely not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Period
>>
>>17725593
Really? What about all those people that left Europe and formed places like the USA, Canada or Australia?
>>
>>17725483
Huh?
>>
File: Landfill-1020x610.jpg (287KB, 1020x610px) Image search: [Google]
Landfill-1020x610.jpg
287KB, 1020x610px
>>17725728
The store shelves are lined with trash, you mean marketing like commercials?
>>
>>17725489
Depends on the company you work for, the size of your team, and the kind of product you sell. The company I currently work for does a lot of affinity marketing along with direct touch points (example, direct mail offers)... most of what I do is A/B testing, most of the work is in analysis of each campaign.

The communication is in the numbers, anecdotal thoughts are quickly dismissed the higher up the ladder you go, this is the plague of small business marketing...

>I think this will do well because xxxxx

Cost of acquisition and ROI are king...everything else is BS.

Graphic designers are the worse. They want to be all "artsy" with marketing. Sure, there is an art to "it" but the proof is in the numbers at the end of the day.
>>
>>17725406
There are a lot of marketing firms in China/ other parts of Asia doing market research from what I understand. I would like to hop on this train, but I have no experience in marketing. Would like to work for a US firm then get transferred to Asia (specifically Taiwan, but I'm not sure how many marketing jobs are there) to maximize earning potential. I was thinking about doing a masters in marketing, but the last thing I need to do at this point is spend more time in school doing things that wont interest me that won't lead to professional opportunities. My bachelors is obviously not in marketing so I feel like that diminishes any chance that I will get hired on at a marketing firm. I would be happy making $15/ hr at an entry level position with opportunities for advancement and then transfer opportunities down the line. Thoughts?
>>
>>17725738
The stuff you buy on the store shelves has more to do with supply-chain than marketing. Competition on pricing, negotiation with vendors, and cost of distribution.
>>
>>17725752
On to maximize earning potential--what I meant by that is I would like to be located in Taiwan, and working in a marking firm would likely afford me a higher income than would, say, being an English teacher.
>>
>>17725766
If you are good at analysis and organized, you can get hired at just about any company. List management is probably the overlooked skill. Who to strike and when to strike is invaluable.
>>
I have no clue what to do with my life. The only things I've found myself enjoying are film, music, and competitive video games. When I'm studying about other topics that should be my career focus im just counting the minutes until I get to stop and do one of those three things. E-sports is awful because you spend 14 hours a day improving your play making only 50k a year, so I have no interest in going pro with it. As for music and film, I don't even know where to begin. Im above average in my ability at these two, but I don't want to be homeless because I end up a failure

Though I hesitate at the idea of spending 50 hours a week working a job I'm indifferent towards, when I could be spending that time doing/making something I'm proud of.
>>
>>17725762
You're enabling garbage dealers, how do you sleep?
>>
>>17725797
You'd like mad men.
>>
>>17725797
And putting food on the table of people who work for me.

But I actually work for an energy company. By purchasing things like natural gas and electricity as a commodity and selling it to our customers, we keep the market for energy stable and deliver it at an affordable price.

Your comment on business in general shows your age and your naivete to the real-world.
>>
>>17725839
Do you have any hobbies you're serious about outside of work?
>>
>>17725839
Your commitment to business knowing full well your ability is unbelievable. Money does not move mountains, people do.
>>
File: 130221984383.png (333KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
333KB, 600x578px
>>17725853
People don't move mountains for free unless you enslave them
>>
>>17725853
People need incentive to work and this is why capitalism is currently the best system we have for progress.

You're fooling yourself if you think any differently.
>>
>>17725839
>>17725839
>we keep the market for energy stable and deliver it at an affordable price.
I don't know what your employer told you, but that is a function of government, not the private sector. If that was really your job, electricity rates would be through the roof.
>>
>>17725875
Sorry to break it to you, that is not the function of government.

Government does not create anything except laws.

Government does not procure energy nor the resources that produce it (or literally anything, name ONE government factory)

Your energy is produced and distributed by the private sector. The free-market prices it based on literally a billion variables (all market driven).

The government MAY subsidize it, but that is merely wealth redistribution, the cost of the energy as a commodity doesn't change.
>>
>>17725861
Progress on new and exciting forms of garbage
>>
>>17725904
That you're using to type on.
>>
>>17725911
Yeah, you wouldn't be experiencing this right now
>>
>>17725915
Anyone who argues against capitalism on the internet is an example of the dumbest people on earth.
>>
>>17725895

Nice LARPing
>>
>>17725929
It is just a concept, an idea you can drop.
>>
>>17725895
There are state boards that govern rates. There is no doubt in my mind that if these systems were deregulated even more than they already are, utilities would stick a hot iron rod into the sphincter of all their non-industrial ratepayers. Your company only adheres to the status quo because it's what the government dictates, not as some kind of a benevolent action for its customers.
>>
>>17725929
So capitalism made the internet, it has done its job
>>
28 here, living in low support accommodation on account of being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and nearly going homeless in London. Claiming Employment Support Allowance and am applying to all the jobs at the moment. Life is shit tier on account of having nothing to do and no one to hangout with. Need a job to get life on track.
>>
>>17725953
If government got out of the way your rates would be cheaper.

Price of gas for example is about 30% tax.

The Bernie Sanders Fantasy you live in isn't how the world works.
>>
>>17725839
That shouldn't stop you from facing the truth about trash, you would just ignore it because it isn't your business
>>
>>17726041
If you don't like something, don't buy it, pretty simple concept.
>>
>>17725929
Capitalism destroyed democracy.
>>
>>17725752
>I would be happy making $15/ hr at an entry level position with opportunities for advancement and then transfer opportunities down the line. Thoughts?
One you make that much, yum won't be has got with it, because you can only live off it if you're willing to live paycheck to t paycheck. It's a good starting goal though.
>>17725796
>E-sports is awful because you spend 14 hours a day improving your play making only 50k a year, so I have no interest in going pro with it.
Are you even that good? They could make more if they would form a players' association (unionize). They would also be treated like humans then instead of cattle. They badly need to unionize.
>>17725839
>But I actually work for an energy company. By purchasing things like natural gas and electricity as a commodity and selling it to our customers, we keep the market for energy stable and deliver it at an affordable price.
You work for one of those energy resellers that buy it in bulk and then sell it for a profit, all while scamming senior citizens with "lower energy prices" so they can "save on their gas or electric," except in the long run, they don't save anything!
>>
>>17726043
It will fill a wasteland either way, it isn't about me.
>>
>>17726050
Lol. Capatlism is Democracy.

Democracy in the form of a voting booth is Communism in disguise.

You can't have freedom and Democracy.
>>
>>17726043
Just ignore garbage piles?
>>
>>17726061
More dollars more votes? Money was not supposed to mean this much.
>>
>>17726061
Reminds of a quote

>Imagine a village where everyone voted on who each person would marry, you would have a lot of democracy, but not very much freedom
>>
File: organized landfill.jpg (499KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
organized landfill.jpg
499KB, 720x480px
>>17726043
I am not figuratively calling it refuse, I mean it literally.
>>
>>17726056
I know the kind of companies you are talking about, I don't work for one of those. Those are residential retailers.

But you can actually save a lot of money if you know what you are doing.
>>
Your delusion is whatever but what the fuck is with the bad decisions
>>
Can we get back to be miserable please?
>>
>>17724702
Anyone willing to share some input?
>>
>>17726176
>33 years old
>never had gf
>socially stunted loser
>in community college

I have plenty of loser stories senpai.
>>
>>17725895
>>17725895

government (in the UK) heavily regulates the purchase and reselling of energy and even sets agreed minimum prices with the idea that if energy companies have a guaranteed ROI, they will invest long terms.

government also directly intervenes in the energy market through the provision of subsidies.

you work for a subsidy farm which robs the poor and elderly with pre payment meters while cutting preferential deals for big institutional customers and sucking at the governmental tit.
>>
>>17725364
>Seriously? VA?!?!?!
Well, like I said, I live in one of the non-ghetto areas. The hipster hellscape that is Charlottesville has a ridiculously high cost of living so 45k doesn't go very far here, especially if you have any kind of debt. In reality, anywhere outside of Cville or NOVA is probably fine, and if you can live out in the country, you can live relatively cheaply, as long as camouflage is your favorite color you really love hunting.
>>
>>17726295
>hipster hellscape

You know, I travel to and from my wageslave job on the underground, and it's a soul-destroying journey. Packed with hipsters, yuppies, students, all in their fashionable attires or expensive armarni suits. All pretty or handsome. And then there's me, some asian guy in a shitty uniform going to a £7.89 per hour job that doesn't even pay for breaks.

I wonder what those hipster fucks think of me when they see me on the train. I honestly prefered it when my area when it was on fire in the 90s.
>>
>>17726648
At least you're not a male Asian American. No one expects us to have lives. They just think we're dickless genius robots.
>>
>>17726648
At least you're not a male Asian American. No one expects us to have lives. They just think we're dickless genius robots.
>>
>>17726106
Who were you replying to?
>>
I want to find someone who can love me, but I deserve nothing. Love is not something it is possible to be entitled to.

One day, maybe several decades from now, but perhaps sooner, you never know, I will eventually die sad and alone, and no one will mourn my passing or remember who I was.

Worst of all is the emptiness I think. I feel like I have done nothing with my life. I have a degree, a job, own a home, and am financially independent. None of these things made me happy. I threw away my youth for nothing.
>>
26, never done anything in life. Have no clue what I want to do with it so I just waste it, I feel like I don't care about life at all and never really have.

Any advice on how to stop being so apathetic? Therapy isn't an option at the moment (I'm saving up for a session)

Is it possible some people people just aren't fit for this stuff and never care?
>>
>>17725253

Minivan because I absolutely need the size. But I'm a fuckup even with economy size tiny cars.

>>17725364
>You just need time behind the wheel. No one is naturally a "good" driver.

Ugh, I hope so, but I feel like I'm ridiculously awful. Alright, so maybe the parking will get better with time.

>>17725265

/pol/ is always right. Always.
>>
>>17726899
Almost 26, felt the same way since forever. Even when not depressed, it feels the same. I think it's just a personality trait that some people have. I am still trying though with what, by anyone else's standards, would be considered a sub-par effort.

I also use my gf for effort. If you care about what someone thinks (being in love), it forces you into exerting effort. It's not exactly caring in the sense that you posses the ability to care, but a vicarious form of caring.
I also have my own interests, and having capital enables an individual to chase those interest to a greater degree (being forced to care is then beneficial to my own ends, but I wouldn't do it without the pressure of having a gf/ family). My end goal right now is to have a small farm (I enjoy the company of animals) and to give my gf children.
>>
>>17726056
If they unionize they'll just be replaced by people who are eager to play
>>
>fuckup, college grad, working in starwank because I am a failure in interviews
>been great for a month
>get put on different shift, these two girls are working
>normally only spent 5 minutes with them
>they're extremely catty to me off the bat
>they're lazy shitbags who stand around on their phones, talking to friends, texting, just sitting and stuffing their faces, etc no matter how much work there is or how busy it is
>gets annoying
>I'm going constantly, no breaks, don't even have my phone on me at all
>they're giving me shit all day
>I'm doing a task the manager tells me, they give me shit and tell me to do something else
>or just stand there criticizing me when I'm working like a dog and they're standing around doing nothing
>no, they are not any type of manager
>getting fed up
>she asks me what I'm doing (restocking something we desperately needed) and I say "my job"
>she gets enraged, says, "don't give me an attitude"
>just ignore her rest of day, she has all sorts of remarks to make, she even makes fun of me
>she and other girl are like Mean Girls movie IRL, only they're both ugly pudgeballs
>later that day manager noticed me upset, so I tell her what went on
>manager (who I'm pretty sure likes me and thinks I'm great) asks if [girl] was being a bitch
>she probably knows they're problems, says she'll speak to her in the morning

Am I gonna get more shit brought down on me by the two bitches or is the problem solved now that the manager has stepped in? I've never had this happen to me before. I just want to do my fucking job.
>>
>>17726899
>Any advice on how to stop being so apathetic? Therapy isn't an option at the moment (I'm saving up for a session)
There's no one that works one a sliding scale near you?

>>17726921
>Ugh, I hope so, but I feel like I'm ridiculously awful. Alright, so maybe the parking will get better with time.
It will. If you have to do it every day, you'll become proficient at it real fast. Every car parallel parks a bit differently because of turning radius.

>>17726939
That is the risk, but as time passes the window of opportunity to unionize will get smaller and smaller. Entrenched standards/policies are a lot harder to change.

>>17726943
Only time will tell. It depends on the type of people these girls are and how your manager handles the situation.
>>
>>17724985
*tips fedora*
>>
>>17727060
>the type of people these girls are

The trashy kind that has nothing better to do than start up drama, takes themselves too seriously, and thinks they're hot shit when they're a minwage lowlife. They'll probably be knocked up by a babydad within the year.

Like fuck, all I want is just to do my fucking job. Fucking stupid cunts.
>>
>>17721455
Seriously? I figured I would be horrible at it. I stand a chance?
>>
>>17727126
idk

in a corporate software engineering job you really only spend about 25% of your time coding, and the other 75% in meetings or other bullshit. It isn't fun coding either.
>>
>>17724286
My parents (mostly dad and his side of the family) are pissed at me because I have jack shit going for me and your parents are pissed because you proved them wrong and actually succeeded in life. How is that okay? You have no friends, I barley have because almost everyone I know which isn't a lot have jobs. I have to hide from others I use to know because I feel so ashamed at my situation and I cant relate to them. As for intimacy, I have only been with one chick, my track record is not good so I just shut that part of my life down. Nothing is okay dude. You have that leg up, you just have to go out more. For me to go out, I need to money which is dwindling for me. You have your own home, I dont have my own room.
>>
How do people naturally have good hobby and interest ideas and shit it seems?

Like my friends on college all just had their shit together and knew what they liked to do for fun.

>what are you doing this weekend?
>oh I'm going rock climbing in fucking yosemite or some shit

How do I come up with stuff like this? Is it something basic like diet and exercise because I get plenty of the latter already.
>>
Is there a point of no return when you're 25+? Like how the fuck do I start dating when I've never done it and I've been expected to since I was a teenager? How do I match the 11-12 years of experience my peers have?
>>
>>17727534
>rock climbing
>interesting
Pfft. If dicking around on the internet is your idea of fun, then keep at it. Don't get stupid hobbies just to have something to talk about. That's how you end up becoming a hipster.
>>
File: 1429308773382.jpg (18KB, 176x255px) Image search: [Google]
1429308773382.jpg
18KB, 176x255px
>27
>still live with parents
>fell for both the DeVry trap and the game design degree meme
>have no other skills
>lost job recently
>only able to find part time work, have to file for unemployment benefits

Definitely considering suicide. Is there any hope?
>>
>>17727534
Having hobbies is doing stuff that you like doing

I like diving (on holiday), walking, running, cooking, but that's mostly it. Gaming here and there ofcourse.
>>
>>17707081
26 going 27 in a month and on the job hunt. Interning as HR assistant. Applying for HR Admin roles and talked with a recruiter today in person. Fingers crossed to get going and long term id love to move to Asia.

Play too many video games and as much as I love them, I know its been a detriment to me. Still single and virgin but not too concerned. Job and money first then love.
>>
>>17727741

We're definitely on the backfoot.

I know some of 4chan has this weird idealized vision of their virginal girl but the female equivalent of a wizard is going to be just as horrible as a male one.
>>
>>17727534

Try a bunch of different stuff. meetup. see what you like.

>>17728288

This.
>>
>>17728288
>female equivalent of a wizard
A witch?
>>
>>17728644
Cat Lady.
>>
>>17727060
>There's no one that works one a sliding scale near you?

Nope.
>>
>>17727752
Sure there is, man. Game design can lead to real skills if you get away from the memes. Get some certifications and apply for a job. Move out. You will be happy. You're not too far gone.
>>
>>17727752
>>17728710
What is this Game design degree meme?
I don't frequent much outside of this board.
>>
>>17728710

Same poster you replied to.

I appreciate the thoughts, but let's be honest: no one takes a devry graduate seriously, let alone employers.

It doesn't help thay nearly every job around my area for programming requires at least 6 years of experience i dont have and knowledge of languages I've never used.
>>
I'm losing it, guys.

>27
>kv
>never even had a gf
>stuck in a shitty job with shit pay
>dropped out of college because I'm a depressed wreck
>I've got loans coming to haunt me
>cant afford insurance
>my nonexistant credit score is going to become a loadstone because of a bullshit medical bill
>need 4 wisdom teeth out
>need a $2000 root canal because wisdom teeth
>probably need another because a tooth cracked on the other side from them
>wisdom teeth are rotting because they're so impacted
>overweight because I don't care enough
>apartment is a shithole

I think I'm checking out soon.
>>
>>17707081
26 here

> Have third girlfriend. All have been chubbyish/not so attractive. One girl had nice ass.

> cant keep hard bareback in GFs pussy,like but dont love her. same as before.

>rock hard when watching fucked up porn everyday for so long

>managed to fuck asian milf prostitute with condom. she had to work for it hard to keep my boner up. was meh

I have tried not masturbating for days but it didnt help with keeping up the boner. I get aroused/ somewhat hard while "warming up"but then it just doesnt stay hard while fucking her.

Am I a porn addict? Have my GFs not been attractive enough? Do I need to find out wjho/what turns me on or do i just need to stop watching porn and all will be well?

Expoeriences?
>>
>>17727741

Try Tinder/Lovoo

There is always someone desperate/ugly enough to fuck you.

You start with what you can get and move onward experience by experience.

if you get a match dont talk too long. just ask her to get coffee/take a walk or do fun activity after somewhere between a few days and 2 weeks

dont write like a faggot/beta. appear confident and dont overdo it,. get haircut and decent clothes. shower. no selfies but a phioto that looks like someone took it of you while social activity.
>>
>>17729819
>There is always someone desperate/ugly enough to fuck you.

Kinda hurts but truthful.

The thing is, in my hipster hellscape, gentrification seems to have weeded out all girls below 7/10, like legit all that is left is fatties on mobile scooters. It's like all the average to ugly girls have just cashed out.
>>
22 years old here, I just wanted some insight from people few years ahead of me.

I was born in Asia, then we decided to move to the states for a year. Our family had DV and other problems, and shit got out of hand and resulting in people getting traumatized and arrested.
We ended up staying here, moving from shelters to shelters, eventually renting cheap apartments. But due to the change in environment, I went through a change of personality and avoided began to ignore everything around me.

After highschool, I really got sick of my family. So I moved out, worked as a janitor or busser, transferred out of community college, and began to pursue a marketable degree.
I became more social too, still a kv, but I can engage in pretty solid conversation with most people, and keep a good network of friends.
I'm pretty active with people, and people seem interested in all the things I work on or do.

But to be honest, I'm just fucking anxious to catch up with them. I can't shake off the feeling that I'm still on that slippery slope that I began on.

I just don't want to regret anything, and I'm doing quite a bit of stuff. Working on resume building, working out, all the shit that I would've called normie garbage back in highschool.

What do I need to keep my eyes on? Getting a gf? Job? family? friends?
Please don't give me 'oh don't worry you're fine' crap, there has to be something that's worthwhile.
>>
>>17729923

Yea. That's my issue as well. I have a friend, a good looking never had a problem with the ladies friend, who had to drive an hour away to meet his current GF. My town sucks.
>>
>>17727184
What are the meetings about?
>>
>>17730125
Not him, but the meetings I go to are mostly about design, business, customer issues, and progress reports.
>>
>>17730090
Job.
If you wake up every morning wondering why the fuck you have to suffer everyday for your wage, even a lovely wife and family won't keep you upbeat.
Besides, a job is more difficult to get than a wife nowadays.
>>
>>17726943
I met that kind of girl before. The useless bitch type. Just be alpha and stand up against her. It worked for me and she was suddenly interested in me, trying to show off her curves by pretending to stretch or crap like that.

But when you dealt for 4 months with a total bitch, the last thing you want to do is screw her. Still, I should have taken the opportunity to defile her and insult her in bed or something. Meh, teenage fantasies.
>>
>>17730421
True. To be honest, I don't believe too much of "things you can only do in your early days." I'd rather get a stable standing before I do anything.
>>
>26
>look like I'm 21
>Junior in college
>Live in a decent sized city with my girlfriend
>Make documentary films and video art
>Visit Toronto regularly
>Have two cats

I just wish I could lose some weight and get in shape. Age is irrelevant. You're born, then you die. It is what you do in-between those years that matters, not what tick you're at along some self perceived timeline.
>>
>>17730435
>be alpha
>she will start checking you out

Please stop making shit up.
>>
Next thread>>17730344
>>
File: 1455628485204.jpg (15KB, 163x225px) Image search: [Google]
1455628485204.jpg
15KB, 163x225px
34 here, I was a lvl 30 wizard before I finally met a girl. And by 'met a girl,' I mean evolved myself into a person worth being with.

I had heavy depression since i was 18, it started when my parents, mom and step-dad, their business went under, they filed for bankruptcy and university was suddenly off the table, so when all my little bubble of friends was going to uni (we all lived in the uni town) I got shipped off to a shit town in Atlantic Canada to 'find a job' while living with my grandmother. (Sleeping on the couch, no less).

Now, the east coast has shit economy at the best of times. It would take up to 6 months of fucking asinine 'work,' plugging out resumes every day, to get a shit tier burger flipping job. It really made me hate life, or rather hate myself. 3 years of cyclical 6 months looking for shit jobs, 6 months of suffering at wage slave job and quitting/getting fired by Christmas because of my shitty 'aura of shitty life'.

Eventually my mom headed for the west coast after splitting from step-dad. Oh and btw I'm half black, so lol, ofc my real dad was never around. Vancouver Island is like the maritimes, it also has a shitty economy. I did manage to find a job in 2 weeks, but it was the same place my mother worked, and they also had such a high turnover rate, that literally everyone in that town had worked there at some point. It was a call center, a shady one, but it was full time and 400 bucks a week was the most I'd ever made.. (to this day...)

Did I mention I grew up a in a strict christian and very large family. It's half the reason I hated myself, they taught me that if life is bad, it's because I've been bad, if only I did more for the church, god would bless me. LOL, looking back at all the wasted years and wasted relationships in that sealed tomb of a church, all I can do is chuckle. Not gonna lie, they taught me some.. SOME important values and morals, but also a lot of barriers that just held me back and make me hate myself.
>tbc
>>
File: 1455627278815.png (250KB, 426x363px) Image search: [Google]
1455627278815.png
250KB, 426x363px
>>17731355

So how did I turn myself around?

I wasted away living with my mum for a year or two, then my cousins moved into the same town, and I was close with them, so I moved in with them. Lived free for a while, but they eventually asked for rent, by this point I was a shut in, and finding a job now was harder than ever, my social skills had devolved to the point that I couldn't hold conversation. I went to doctors eventually and got diagnosed with severe clinical depression, and got on welfare and after 2 years my social worker managed to get me on disability.

Yeah, I played it up, I would act even more despondent and zoned out around doctors and my social worker. It was the cowardly way to go. The beta path. I also meant I would never have any attractiveness to any women, despite looking good, I was the depressed guy, the guy who hasn't made any progress in his life in 5, 10, 15, years. Not even church girls are into that bag of bullshit. At some point I realized that religion was holding me back, and that I was too beta to admit it. Then one day, I get a call from my half brother (my dad was a typical black father,) and he wants me to come live with him in Toronto. At first I was beta'ing out of the idea. But eventually I decided to do it.

I decided to do it because I knew it would be hard. I wouldn't have disability there, wouldn't have anyone there to cover rent for me, I would have to alpha up to do it. I took a risk, probably for the first time in my life. That's what it truly takes. You have to take a true risk, and I'm not saying a stupid risk that is 99% of fail, but a true risk being something that has 100% of fail if you do nothing , but a good chance of success if you give it your all.

So I still played the system out there, fed them my terrible story of how derp-pressed I was and gibe welfare plx, but I used it to my own advantage instead of passively accepting my fate
>tbc
>>
File: 1455627964509.jpg (30KB, 479x414px) Image search: [Google]
1455627964509.jpg
30KB, 479x414px
>>17731381

With all this risk taking getting more comfortable I actually started getting tired of playing Skyrim for 3000 hrs, I grew tired of the pseudo-friendships I had made in world of warcraft. I craved being around real people. So I started with what I knew, my talent for art drew me to a meetup.com group that would go around town and sketch.

Now that harsh-god no longer made me feel like a bad man for flirting with artsy city girls my beta-ness was wearing off, slowly, it ain't instant, parts of it cling on to you for dear life. But at least I could now tell what was beta and what was not. From there I found a girl, who I could help with my experience of throwing off the chains that bound me, for she was someone very bound by useless traditions, over controlling parents and the like, I'm going to school and paying half the bills with my derp-ression money, and know what the best thing is? I don't NEED this girl the same beta-way I did for all the other girls that beta-me pined after. If this girl doesn't work out, I'll be sad for a day or two, but that's it. She sticks around because she needs my emotional support and discipline.

The takeaway is that if you are beta and suffering, take some kind of risk that will shake you up inside and awaken your survival instincts. Afraid of being homeless/jobless? Try it out for a while. Don't fear the IDEA of it. Fear the REALITY of it. Try begging for change for a day, see how that actually tastes and THEN use that as motivation. If you are afraid of talking to girls, because you are bad at it? Guess what you have to do? Exactly what you fear. You have to go out and survive talking to them. And yes at first it will be shit, and those girls will always think you're stupid. It's okay. There are more girls. You have to spend your first impressions badly before you learn to spend them wisely.

Is your life pre planned and hard to get out of, but it's making you miserable? What's more important, plans? or Being happy?
>>
>>17725606
Then
>literal war bands of 750k
>over 300 years
Today
>Millions of people under 5 years time
>majority of them fighting age
>actively hostile towards assimilating into new country
It's like you want to be subjugated
>>
>>17725853
Money is liquid man power in paper form
>>
>>17731408
Damn famalam, that's deep, in what sense should the risk shake you
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.