[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel like im becoming an alcoholic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: whathaveibecome.jpg (35KB, 758x960px) Image search: [Google]
whathaveibecome.jpg
35KB, 758x960px
Hey /adv/, past few weeks I haven't managed to go through a single week without being drunk, often several times a week. At this point its becoming something to pass the time. My life doesn't appear to be suffering because of it though, im still hitting the gym and still making it into work, but im becoming worried about the amount im drinking, and yet cant seem to stop. Advice? Similar experience?
>>
>>17706637
Do you drink socially or by yourself?

If it's the latter, you might want to find the reason why you do it and evaluate that. Otherwise, getting drunk really isn't a problem.
>>
>>17706845
Also, a clear warning sign would be that you're upping the amount because of your tolerance. That can get out of hand real fast.
>>
>>17706637

I am actively in AODA/AA treatment. I can tell you that at the stage you're at, it really comes down to you. I went through my worst phase about 7 years ago. Before that I drank everyday for 3 years. Drinking by myself, hiding my drinking, drinking in the morning and allowing myself to crash financially. The financial aspect is what ultimately caused me to seek help. Even then I wasn't ready to admit I was an alcoholic.

I stayed sober for almost 2 years before I decided I was cured. I thought my problem was drinking too much. So instead of drinking everyday, I began binge drinking after that. So for the next 4 years I continued that trend. Eventually it cost me the best relationship I've ever had. She left me and took my 2 year old son with her.

The lesson of my story is self discovery. Be honest with yourself and understand the problem. Hopefully you can begin your mental inventory now, before things bottom out like what happened to me.
>>
>>17706869
Seconding this. I've gone through half a fifth of whiskey every single night for the past 5 years. Now my bottom gums are eroding away and I have some signs of oral cancer. Getting checked out next Tuesday so we'll see. Probably going to continue to drink in all honesty.
>>
>>17706896

I'm this guy. >>17706869

I feel for you bro. It's a battle that never fucking stops, but I hope you can find the strength to get help. Now that I am in recovery, it blows my mind how many people are out there dealing with the same shit and are totally willing to drop everything and help. And they never fucking judge us because they have been down this same road. That part means a lot to me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.