[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meth use in the trades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

How common is meth use among electricians? Since becoming an apprentice, my boyfriend has come home high on meth several times.
It is always the foreman that provides the meth. They ask him to work crazy overtime and I kept wondering when he was going to collapse. He came home last night and sat in the bathroom for 8 hours until I knocked on the door at 5:30 am to tell him to go to work.
He got down on his knees and told me how sorry he was for using meth again but he had been really tired and asked the foreman for it.

If the foremen are the ones handing out meth, I don't see this behavior stopping anytime soon. The problem is, my boyfriend has a VERY addictive personality.
>>
>>17706011
meth isn't that bad. Paul Erdos used meth all the time, and he has written the most academic papers in the world. Just let him do it, and don't get on his back about it you stupid bitch. You're messing with his head and fucking him up more than the meth. Stop trying to assert your ignorant will upon others and read a goddamn book.
>>
Wat
>>
File: athf_ep039_02.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
athf_ep039_02.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>17706011

In most states, meth use is required by law for all licensed electricians. I'm surprised your boyfriend never told you this.

Him promising to quit just means he is considering another trade. As nearly all trades require some sort of substance abuse (plumbers have to drink, carpenters have to do blow, welders have to inject speed between their toes, etc.), I'm sure some trade will be a good fit for your boyfriend and his addictive personality.
>>
>>17706025
Yea he went from a coke blowing line cook to a meth smoking electrician.

The only problem is, he won't be able to finish the apprenticeship program using meth. He can't focus on his tests and will quickly fail out.

Can't his foreman exercise a little discretion and not get him high out of his mind before tests?
>>
>>17706025
I mean this is obviously sarcasm. But it's not far off the truth. It's closer to good satire. Literally every tradie ever abuses alcohol and stimulants. Maybe there are like 5 exceptions, but probably not. Just deal with your bf being a methhead, it's not going away. stop being a stupid bitch though jeez.
>>
I'm a welder, and I get sent home if I don't drop at least a gram of meth at the beginning of each shift.
>>
>>17706018
The meth isn't making him prolific.
It is causing him to spend literally 8 hours on the toilet and he would miss work if I didn't come and snap him out of whatever the heck he was doing in there. Maybe more meth?

There was no smell, but he could snort it I guess.
The door was locked. When I banged on it at 3 am he said he was "trying to jerk off" and had a limp dick dangling between his legs (and why he couldn't jerk off from the comfort of the living room is beyond me).

When I knocked at 5:30 it was like I jolted him from some catatonic state.
>>
>>17706033
I'm worried about him failing out of the program.
And destroying his body through meth abuse. He is over 30 and this is kind of his last chance at a career.

Does that really make me a b?
>>
>>17706041
Yup. He'll be fine. If you wanted to help him with his tests you should try and get some more meth for him so that he can study on it when he comes home. THAT would make him more prolific, like erdos, and you would be a good girlfriend.
>>
Nobody believes this is true OP. Only if you have been both drug users already you can lie to yourself enough to make yourself believe this has any good outcome. Are you also going to destroy children's lives in the process?? Or is it just suicide by stupidity?
>>
>>17706049
you're a fucking idiot and don't know what you're talking about. Drugs are just bad xD is level 0 thought. Drugs empirically make you smarter and invent cool shit. Kary mullis invented the goddamn PCR machine on LSD. Do you even know what a PCR machine is?
>>
>>17706058
I didn't know what a PCR machine was..... I felt so stupid. Googled it. I should have known. I really should do things that have a better influence on my life then 4chan. It can't harm to give your suggestion a try for a year or so. Heading to the magic mushroom farm soon. Lsd can get only by next week. Will try with without weed/booze etc. to find the best combo. Thanks! I feel already excited. This will be awesome!
>>
I don't know what the fuck is up with all this meth using electrician shit. Is this a union job? It doesn't sound like it. There are probably 12 or so people in my family who are in the trade or retired from it. None of them use crystal meth. A few of them are drunks but all naturally high strung maybe that's what it takes if your boyfriend can't operate like a machine and bounce back after working long hours, he's probably not cut out for this trade.
>>
Meth often enhances your physical and mental abilities. The problem is you now need meth or you will start breaking into houses and killing people for the drug.
>>
>>17706011
yeah it will make him work harder, faster, and smarter but the side affects of the lack of sleep will destroy him. I fucked up about 4 years of my life this way. You can get used to working tired. Meth can make you do wierd shit like he is probably in their thinking or talking to himself.
>>
>>17706102
It is a union job. In a southern state.
I just cannot believe the foreman hands out meth. But he asks them to work crazy overtime and then pumps them up with meth.
>>
>>17706102
He has a lot of vitality. I don't see him needing meth to succeed. He does operate like a machine and when he was working as a line cook he was putting in long, unusual hours on his feet in front of high heat. He NEVER used meth though.

The problem is the dang foreman in charge of the job is suggesting the apprentices use it. They go in at 7:30 AM, he wants them to stay until 8:30 or 9 PM and in exchange he will give them some meth.
>>
pretty sure hitler and the nazis used meth and they did p good for themselves til the whole thing shit the bed
>>
>>17706156
Or weird like sitting on the toilet for 8 hours straight.... doesn't that get boring?
>>
What makes me so mad is the first time he had one of these meth meltdowns he said
"Oh my foreman gave it to me and he seems so together and so I thought it was okay" then gave me a long spiel about how he would not do it again.

This time, he gives me the SAME EXACT LINE. . .
>>
The foreman has made your boyfriend his workhorse slave bitch. He was probably testing the dumb fuck. Had your boyfriend not accepted he would have been on the path to being the next foreman. Instead he is a weak peer pressured twat.

Dump the fool and get yourself a good job so you don't need a methhead boyfriend.
>>
There is a lot of drug use in the trades. Painters, electricians, and roofers do a lot of drugs especially. For electricians meth is very popular.

Whether or not this bothers you should depend on how much self-control you have. They're not going to attack you with the stuff, just offer it constantly.
>>
>>17706857
Hey OP

Just read that you're asking about your boyfriend, who is high on meth. The fact he's an electrician is kind of irrelevant. He's becoming a meth addict. The only bearing that being an electrician has on the situation is that he will have a very good amount of cash to buy the stuff.

The only thing to do is to go into rehab and find a new boss who he establishes better boundaries with.
>>
>>17706025
As a retired welder and ex-amphetamine addict, I can attest to this man's words. And all of my other blue collar buddies have something figured out for themselves, because when you're doing a job like that, no matter what the actual job is, you'll look for ways to improve your day however you can.
>>
>>17706848

Yeah, he has made him into a workhouse. He basically does all sorts of hard labour into late into the night, coming home covered in mud and dirt from ripping out underground pipe. Has no time to do his schoolwork. And like they said on his first day of orientation, you can be a laborer or you can actually be an electrician. The latter requires some education.

He's about to blow the program and end up in a much longer, lower paying program that will keep him in heavy labor until his body is too shot to keep doing it.
>>
>>17706867
I told him to go into rehab but he will get dropped from the program if he does that. I don't think meth is something to mess with.
>>
>>17706891
Well I don't think it is appropriate for an apprentice to be approached by his foreman to do meth.

He joined the program to better his life not to get dragged down into drug addiction, and it is improper for a boss or a supervisor to offer drugs to new hires.
>>
>>17706848
I also must agree because last time before a big final exam, the guy started asking him to do TONS of overtime. I told him to say no and study for his exam, and he didn't and he did really crappy on the test.

As his supervisor I think his foreman should be a MENTOR not a saboteur, but maybe that is naive of me.
>>
>>17706920
The foreman is supposed to supervise him and introduce his ass to the finer points of the job. That's exactly what he's doing. It's better that he gets meth and/or advice from a reliable source rather than hearing about it while sucking dick in a parking lot behind a 7-11 for a dose that's probably cut with Ajax.
>>
>>17706902
can he go to rehab once he finishes his apprenticeship? can he restart his apprenticeship after he gets out of rehab?

>>17706920
you're right. the "most people" excuse is a lame one, because most people are disappointing. it is inappropriate, exploitative, and pretty devilish to insist that your workers do meth. there's probably a lot of foremen in hell.
>>
>>17706935
This is just horrifying.

He is supposed to supervise him and help him succeed in the program!

I don't think my boyfriend would be using meth if this guy wasn't offering it to him all the time. He used to be very heavily involved in drugs but he never used or sought out meth and never wanted to.
>>
>>17706935
the fact you have to come up with moralizations that make such little sense shows you're actually aware of how immoral it is
>>
>>17706940
No he cannot.
Basically, if he goes to rehab the apprenticeship is over.
If he waits, its 4 long years and I don't think he will keep passing his exams. In fact, he has a long commute home and I think at some point he will be arrested for DUI or for meth possession (he says he doesn't have any he just does it with his foreman, but last night he went out and sat in the car for 2 hours claiming to be "studying" on his cell phone).
>>
Is there any way he can get away from this foreman without making a big stink? I can't think of one. I think if he tells the head of the program he is having a problem he is going to be blackballed by all the senior members of the union and risk getting expelled because he is most certainly not supposed to be doing drugs on the job.
>>
>>17706947
I don't understand. Why can't he restart the apprenticeship program exactly?

You're saying it's 4 years, so it's bad for him to continue doing the meth? If that's the case, yes, 4 years is long enough to seriously fuck yourself up on meth. It's not a guarantee, but it's a major possibility.
>>
>>17706765
Not if you're on meth. Trust me, I've had some wild times on the throne.

>>17706942
>He is supposed to supervise him and help him succeed in the program!
That's what the meth is for. Seriously, how fucking dense are you?

>>17706946
Nobody held a gun to the guy's head and forced him to do meth. He wanted to be better at life, so he did. The foreman provided a need in a safe way. How is that immoral?
>>
>>17706955
They have a strict policy. You can't leave or transfer from the program before finishing certain requirements.

He could drop out and try to reapply but the chance of him being readmitted would be much lower and he would have to start all the way from the beginning.
>>
>>17706951
He needs to say no to the foreman and then file a complaint with a higher-up if the foreman doesn't accept no as an answer. Willpower alone is enough to stop doing drugs. It's not easy, but it's very possible, especially if you start early.
>>
>>17706959
>Not if you're on meth. Trust me, I've had some wild times on the throne.

Please share.
>>
>>17706959
you might want to live in a hellhole where everyone is doing meth to make their "lives better" but in that case I honestly don't have any regard for you
>>
>>17706959
It is immoral because the program has a strict no drug policy!
But they can't follow their own rules as supervisors?
>>
>>17706962
>>17706962
this
this
this
>>
>>17706967
I don't think its good to be on meth if you want to be a good family man.
>>
He is so ashamed too. He won't even let me say the word meth. He doesn't want me to tell his dad, who he is really close to. He doesn't want anyone to know.
>>
>>17706966
You know how you sometimes get philosophical while taking a huge shit, or reading the daily news while on the john? Well, it was like that, only I had all the answers, and everything made sense. There were no more secrets in the universe, and it was good.

>>17706967
It lets you work harder, longer, and smarter. How is that not making it better?

>>17706970
The supervisors got to where they are because they are the sort of people who know how the program really works, and what you need to do to get shit done. Breaking some arbitrary rules in order to better prepare someone better for the job at hand is exactly the sort of thing a smart supervisor does.
>>
>>17706983
>he doesn't like being a meth addict
stage an intervention and get him a counselor?
>>
>>17706991
meth obviously has upsides, or nobody would do it, but I don't know why it needs to be stated that it has downsides
>>
>>17706991
>It lets you work harder, longer, and smarter. How is that not making it better?

Because he has children and he is neglecting them when he comes home and sits on a toiler for 8 hours.
>>
>>17707000
>sits on a toilet for 8 hours
sounds psychotic
>>
It seems like honestly there is not much to do at this point but discontinue the relationship because I personally am not willing to stay with a meth user. I don't even like that he smokes cigarettes. I can't deal with the meth use, and it sounds like this is just going to be how the job is. And he doesn't want intervention, he has no willpower or ability to say no.

Life feels VERY dark right now.
>>
>>17707002
If you don't have optimism and remember that you love this man, you'll regret it. Discontinuing the relationship (maybe taking the kids and yourself somewhere else) is definitely a good idea, but I would also stage an intervention and keep the door open, if I really loved him.

Don't copy the TV show. Ask the counselor how it is supposed to be done.
>>
>>17706997
Literally everything has a downside. What's your point?

>>17707000
He's providing for the family, isn't he? Or are children nowadays such pussies that they need daddy to cuddle them at all times?

>>17707002
You know what would help you make your life brighter right about now? Doing some meth. Do it together with your boyfriend so you can strengthen your relationship while you're at it.
>>
>>17707010
Last time he had this type of psycho sitting on the toilet stuff he went ballistic for two days when he was withdrawing and I did tell his family and my family and he agreed to go to NA. He went to like two meetings and then declared himself fine.

He has had chronic drug problems since he was 13 and nothing has helped. But it was just pot. He managed to let pot ruin his life, but it was still just pot. This apprenticeship was his chance at 30+ to have a real career after letting pot waste his life. And now it has turned into a much more dangerous addiction.

I really don't think someone who has been an addict for almost 20 years can change. And he doesn't have the family support he needs. They don't give a crap about him.
>>
>>17707012
>He's providing for the family, isn't he?

No, actually he is barely providing.
He spends too much money on drugs. I am the primary provider for the family.

And he will get expelled from the program soon for failing his classes and then he will just be a drug addicted waste of space that I have to support.
>>
>>17707012
>Doing some meth. Do it together with your boyfriend so you can strengthen your relationship while you're at it.

Heck no.
I would never ever do that.
>>
>>17707020
But if he loses his job he'll be able to spend the whole day with the kids, and he won't have any more money for meth, so maybe he'll get clean. Or he'll just start sucking dicks for fivers.

>>17707026
Well, it's hard to keep a relationship working if you're not willing to support the other half when he needs you. Nothing brings two people together like getting high.
>>
>>17707016
>has had a drug problem for 20 years
>pot
damage control is a real thing. some governments official drug programs involve damage control.

if the damage control is him doing pot all the time, then that's just fucking peachy compared to the alternative that you are seeing right now.

>it has turned into
please stop with the marijuana gateway drug stuff. thank you.

>his family doesn't really give a crap about him
then his life will be totaled if you just pretend he doesn't exist. I'm simply reminding you that you (at least I hope, since you had kids with him) love this man and that leaving the door open for him to get clean is the right thing to do.

If he's raging and psychotic at times, yes, take yourself and the kids to safety.

>I just don't have hope anymore
the question is not if he can get clean, it's if he will get clean. he might need some more support in order to get clean. for me this scenario seems to be the best for getting clean

>my wife is taking the kids
>I will need to be clean (legally) to see my kids
>my wife will take my back if I am clean
>my life is going down the drain because of meth

if that's not incentive to stop then I don't know what the fuck is

>>17707012
my point is that you're a delusional meth addict, whether you're using right now or not

>do some meth
okay troll detected. nice job though. Sorry you're so lonely, m8. If you're a sadist, please exit the nearest window.
>>
>>17707038
why don't you just kill yourself, m8? you're trolling on /adv/ really hard for sadistic purposes. it's time to just end it, my man.
>>
>>17707040
I'm neither delusional nor an addict. Meth has made my life better, and given me the insight to offer some sound life advice, which is what I'm doing right now.

Oh yeah, and great advice there, telling her to extort a man through his children. That surely won't fuck his shit up.

>>17707043
Why would I kill myself, I enjoy my life. You, on the other hand, could use some 9mm aspirin, since you're unable to distinguish genuine advice and logic from trolling. Besides, this thread isn't about me.
>>
>>17707040
>>it has turned into
>please stop with the marijuana gateway drug stuff. thank you.

That wasn't meant to be a gateway drug statement.
I don't think the pot had anything to do with this.
It was just a statement of chronology.
>>
>>17706011
Break up with him, don't settle for a fucking meth addict.
>>
Sounds like there is a meth pusher on this board. Be wary OP. I would seek counsiling now, before things get bad. Many MANY lives are ruined by meth. You're going to be around dangerous people. It's not a way to raise a kid. For what money? Even $100k isn't worth it and most won't even get that far. They're chasing a carrot.

If I were you I would encourage your boyfriend to start over in another town or city, the east coast where meth isn't as bad (yet). It's a tool for enslavement.
>>
>>17706018
That was amphetamines that erdos used, not methamphetamines.
>>
>>17706034
Lol a whole gram would have me twaked spun and click clacking.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.