[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those that have experienced a deep depression before and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
For those that have experienced a deep depression before and have gotten through it, what kept you going? What can I do on a daily basis to fight through it?
>>
>>17705628
>that pic

Fitting, because it was the gospel that got me out of that rut.

Read the scriptures OP. Find daily devotions.
I recommend Charles Spurgeon's daily devotions. Uplifting, hard truths, hope in the morning and evening.
>>
i was depressed daily for two years, i guess i still am depressed but now i feel a lot better.

how i did it
>call ex
>argue with ex
>she hands phone to boyfriend
>we argue
>he talks some shit
>i grab my weed wacker, walk the 100-150 ft to his house and chuck it thru his window
>tfw frustrations relieved over him cucking me and her breaking my heart
>tfw got charged n have court due
>court looks bad because this is my 2nd probation breach in less than 3 months
>on an indictable offense
>will be 2nd time going to jail "because of her"
>still feel happy and not giving a fuck

my advice anon is whatever is bothering you, just destroy it. Seriously, annihilate it.
>>
>>17705648
I was born and raised catholic, went to catholic school for 13 years. I can't really identify with the faith at this point but I did appreciate the community it created. I guess my concern with it is showing up at a church and having people shove scriptures down my throat. I wish that community could exist without the bible.

>>17705650
My ex-fiance had an affair for 4 months before I found out. I broke up with her on the spot but was able to forgive her after about 2 months... but it's 7 months later I'm still finding it hard to forgive myself for allowing myself to be humilated, degraded and disrespected like that. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for putting that much faith in a person only to have them betray me. I know its stupid... but somehow its harder for me to forgive myself than it was to forgive her.
>>
>>17705628
I just got tougher

you grit your teeth, learn to get on through your day
learn not to pay out on other people, learn not to pay out on yourself
>>
I used to have thoughts of suicide every night, so badly I couldn't sleep, it was pure agony. In my endless search for a cure, I ended up learning that low Testosterone could be a possible reason for my symptoms, and since I've tried most of all psychiatric drugs out there, I decided to give Test injections a shot, without medical examination of any sort.

250mg of Testosterne Enathate in my butt, and 4 hours later, I was feeling like never before, no more anxiety, no more depression. That struck me the most, was being able to watch the scenery without that feeling of dread I had grown used to.

It's been a while since I stopped Test injections, although recovering was hard, I have never had a night where I wanted to kill myself again. Just knowing that there's this thing out there I could take at any point that totally erases those feelings, is reassurance enough for me.

But you need goals in life anyhow, go after something you really wish to have or become whom you want to be.
>>
>>17705661
>I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for putting that much faith in a person only to have them betray me.
Anon these are the risks we take any time we get close to someone. Don't beat yourself up; it may not have turned out the way you'd hoped, but you did the right thing.

>>17705628
Probably sleep deprivation mainly. If you're always sleepy not only does it reduce your ability to think about things, it also provides a constant and ready distraction should you need it - it's very easy to focus on how tired you feel.
>>
>>17705662
Could you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "pay out"?

>>17705669
Thanks.
>>
>>17705675
>Anon these are the risks we take any time we get close to someone.
In a fucked up way I already know that, but at the same time I feel like I could have walked away sooner. I wish I would have taken care of myself and stood up for myself sooner. I know that's captain hindsight of me to say, but I cant stop beating myself up about it.
>>
File: 1470057028419.jpg (37KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1470057028419.jpg
37KB, 251x242px
>>17705628
>deep depression
>>
>>17705628

Just take control anon.
>>
I learned about buddahs story when my wife walked out I sort of have to thank it for my life I was in the darkest place I've ever been good luck bro
>>
>>17705783
>I learned about buddahs story when my wife walked out I sort of have to thank it for my life I was in the darkest place I've ever been good luck bro
Which bit?
I've never found religious mythology particularly comforting..
>>
>>17705788
OP here, same, would be interested to hear.

>>17705689
Maybe awkward way of putting it. I'm talking about 1 year+... honestly at this point can't remember what it feels like to be truly happy.
>>
>>17705788
I've never found any help from religion either, but it's more realistic in the sense that a lot if it seems to be about learning to just go with your emotions ,not praying and eating crackers.

It sort of explains that even excitment is a form of suffering and that we should strive to be baseline and content with simplicity. I don't really know enough about it to explain much but there are some good docs on you tube about the Buddha himself
>>
>>17705805
>strive to be baseline and content with simplicity.
But this, too, is suffering.
>>
>>17705628
1. This too will pass. It really will. It won't go on forever, and the task is just to get through it, not to live under it for your whole life.
2. In an odd way, it is a comfort to discover that you can feel such deep emotions, even if they're bad, because it means you are not as emotionally dead as you've3 sometimes feared you were.
>>
Derealized and absolutely can't hurt a fly here. Taking out aggression doesn't help, and neither does meds. The only advice I can give is to find SOMETHING that fills the void. I sleep, for instance. Isn't it ironic that I'm applying to be a paramedic though?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.