[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I will be visiting a legit Masonic Lodge this November to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: blue lodge.jpg (11KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
blue lodge.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
So I will be visiting a legit Masonic Lodge this November to have dinner with Freemasons before a meeting and possibly petition to join.

What should I be wary of?

What questions should I ask?

Should I wear my favorite red tie?

General advisory welcomed.
>>
I went the Wednesday of this month. Only 18.

Don't do what I did and wear a tux. Everybody else was just wearing blue masonic polos and i stuck out like a sore thumb.

Regardless the people were super nice. Expect to be given a tour of the lodge.

They'll ask why you're interested in masonry, and they'll ask what made you want to join.

Prepare to answer if you believe in a supreme being or not as well, then expect casual get to know you questions, as well as an explanation of the petition process.

Good luck! They're voting for me next wednesday.
>>
>>17705438

Thanks, 22 and trying to see what the big whoop is. My father claims to be a stone mason, but his mind has slipped and he is unable to provide any worthy answers.

Got a serious agenda and could use the assistance, honestly.

Good luck to you too, bro.
>>
This probably sounds ludicrous, but as a Catholic, I was told it was forbidden to join something like this.

I hear it's good for making career connections - would something like that impede my eligibility for membership?
>>
>>17705483

OP here, I was raised a Roman Catholic - baptized and confirmed.

I do believe Masons only care that you believe in ONE supreme architect of the universe, which is technically God in Catholicism. The individual details of ones beliefs aren't really investigated, from what I have read on official pages.

I have heard some lore that there is an age old rivalry between the Vatican and the Masons, something about the Vatican making the stonemasons who built the temples "Knight Templars" assigned to guard them - only to kill them off at a later date when they became too knowledgeable of the sacred practices taking place inside. Thus, the secret society was formed that is the Freemasons.

I suggest you ask permission from God, and not from another human or group of humans.
>>
>>17705524

That's an answer I could never have expected from /adv/ at 3AM, but thank you for the toughtful input. I suppose it's a matter of personal conviction at this point.
>>
>>17705524
Masonry isn't a religion. Although they do have their own rituals and celebrations, it's not like the movies lol nowadays it's more of a gentlemen's club with a shitload of dinners and fundraisers. Boring really
>>
File: me on the left.jpg (344KB, 1920x1054px) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
344KB, 1920x1054px
>>17705530

Yeah mon, just doing some Stat homework hanging with my anon bros. Goodluck in your journey.

>>17705532

That's cool with me, I kind of want to join for that SJW type stuff anyway.

> Do you believe that there is such a thing as honor, and that a man has a responsibility to act with honor in everything he does?

> Do you believe in God, or an everliving Deity?

> Are you willing to allow others the same right to their own beliefs that you insist on yourself?

> Do you believe that it is more important to give than to receive?

> Do you believe that you have a responsibility to leave the world a better place than you found it?

> Do you feel that there's something more to life than financial success?

> Do you believe that a person should strive to be a good citizen and that we have a moral duty to be true to the country in which we live?

> Do you agree that man should show compassion for others, that goodness of heart is among the most important of human values?

> Are you willing to give help to a fraternal Brother when he needs it, and to accept their help when you need it?

> Do you believe that men should strive to live a Brotherly life?

Sounds like my cup of tea. I'm a scholar of medicine who is ready to participate and hopefully change the world. I'm ready to die for my cause which is heavily opposed by the industry in power. I just hope the fraternity benefits me and doesn't turn out to be some old bullshit, I hope that at least I will be able to get involved in the philanthropy portion of the order and maybe help some children before they rape and sacrifice me on the altar...

RIP to all the recently and mysteriously deceased natural medicine doctors world wide.
>>
File: 1477453519637s.jpg (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1477453519637s.jpg
3KB, 124x124px
god is a spook
masonry is a spook
nice try my property
>>
File: some old dude.jpg (75KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
some old dude.jpg
75KB, 420x480px
>>17705600

You think those dubs spook me?

This thread will soon fade, and so will your ill grasp. The revolution will be televised, and you will become powerless once again.

Nice try Mr. Spy... But we have been here before. I thank you for your role, though.
>>
I'd advise you guys read books from the series of the masonic symbols.

You have no idea about how deep the rabbit hole goes
>>
>>17705708

MORPHEUS?
>>
File: very new piece of paper.jpg (487KB, 1024x1417px) Image search: [Google]
very new piece of paper.jpg
487KB, 1024x1417px
>>17705708

Share some knowledge please, at least how to obtain these texts. Do they have ISBN?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.