[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Progress Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

What’s your biggest goal in life? What’s most pressing and most important to you right now? What’s one small thing you can do to make that dream happen right now? Check back in after an hour and let us know how it went!
>>
my house is disgusting right now. gonna do some dishes.
>>
File: kermit-frog-reaction-face.jpg (60KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
kermit-frog-reaction-face.jpg
60KB, 500x480px
I just wanna be happy, man.
>>
>>17704972
great! me too!

what's preventing you from being happy? what can you do about it?
>>
>>17704974
>what's preventing you from being happy? what can you do about it?
There's too many things to list, my dude. Part of it is the fear of growing up. I do genuinely think I've developed depression, much like my father has had all his life, but I can't develop the courage to go and fucking ask my GP to help me out, especially since I feel like I'll use it as a crutch for everything. I know everything I can do to fix my current problems, I just can't find the motivation to fix them. It's pathetic.
>>
>>17704985
you could start by meditating for a moment :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287BnMx_mXQ
close your eyes and breathe in and out thru your nose. just focus on your breath and let any thoughts slide away
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>>17704956
filled up the rack, gonna do more when they dry. in the meantime. cleaning the rest of the house. wanna feel like this when im in my house
>>
Woohoooo!! My cleaning's going great.
>>
Im finishing my master's in a month. One part of me is fucking happy and the other part is well, melancholic, since the reason I started studying was to find a better job with a better salary, a chance for promotions and development, etc.

I'm starting to flirt again with the possibility of moving away to another country, do different stuff.
>>
>>17705334
That's awesome that you;ll be done soon. You're gonna do great
>>
File: 1475683841195.jpg (107KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1475683841195.jpg
107KB, 728x546px
>What’s most pressing and most important to you right now?
I gotta go through all my books and further readings since the semester exams are gonna start soon.
I gotta do some research for a society I joined in college.
I need to get my sleep schedule on track, I'm thinking of not sleeping during the afternoon and try to sleep early around 11.
I need to start exercising and lose weight.
I also need to wash my dog.
>mfw I'm a lazy fuck who keeps playing CS;GO despite being god awful at it.
Everything is piling up, and I do nothing but bitch.
>>
I have no goals. I just float through life. Nothing matters. I think about killing myself daily, but I'm too curious about what might happen in life to do it
>>
>>17705354
me too! let's get some stuff done lol
>>
>>17705405
I'm thinking of deleting my games but I don't wanna go through the hassle of downloading them again to play. (I live in a third world shithole, so shit net)
>>
>>17705414
i uninstalled dota last week, best thing ive ever done for myself

delete them; you;ll get so much done
>>
File: 1475770022148.gif (1MB, 489x417px) Image search: [Google]
1475770022148.gif
1MB, 489x417px
>>17705422
Backing up and deleting them now.
Fuck it, I need to get back on track.
>>
I'm a shell of a human being. I don't have dreams anymore, and I'm incapable of completing long term goals. My current goal is to be in bed before 3 AM tonight. We'll see if it happens or not. With the current arrangement of matter and energy in the universe it might not be in the cards.
>>
>>17705507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiI5iYxg1JQ
>>
>>17705513
Neat. What if tomorrow I don't care about being an early riser anymore? Or the day after and so forth?
>>
My goal is to find someone or something personally, not through someone else, that will convince me that this life is actually worth living and isn't just some attempt to get to my money or sister's pussy or something.

Everything seems like some fucking liars game and I don't want to play, I never agreed to playing. I was forced into this game and I don't want to be a liar like everyone else but it seems like the way of this life. There is no being a human adult without lying every day, to yourself or others, to get by or ahead of them.

Is this not sickening in itself? Who the fuck would want to play a game where everyone gets in a pit, has a knife, and is just stabbing eachother?

No one explains the rules, barely anyone talks and if you say anything, you get attacked first. Worst off, everyone in the pit is insane and thinks the pain is pleasure and if they can pleasure enough people, they might get out.
>>
>>17705519
It's call having a discipline. Don't rely on motivation to wake up early, make it a habit. I can't say for myself but my father wakes up 5AM in the morning every day and exercises. He's 60 years old and looks younger than his colleagues who're even 2 to 3 years younger than him.
And about your goals, make some relatively short but long goals first, like what you wish to do in a months time. Then ramp it up as you complete them.
>>
>>17705534
I suppose your raison d'etre or whatever would be to live according to your moral code, as an example for others to live by.

>>17705542
I don't have any discipline. A month is too long. My current goal is about 3 hours away, and it's looking pretty dicey.
>>
>>17705571
>My current goal is about 3 hours away,
Anon, what the fuck? Try a week then. You can do more than you think.
>>
>>17705583
3 hours is a long time. I might hear the wrong song or remember the wrong thing, and a chain of events would follow that result in missing my bedtime. I might miss it now just to prove a point.
>>
>>17705571
What does being an example matter?

Can't I be dead and just as much? My dead mother is an "example to live by" because that doesn't mean anything. Doesn't mean you should or shouldn't live like this, it's just a way of life. Why even fucking talk or have questions to give such shit platitudes?

Fuck, man. We get all of this "knowledge" just to learn that you're boned? The only information that should be shared is how to make money into more money, everything else is a waste of time.
>>
>>17705597
It doesn't, it's just something to do. To live without exploiting others in any way might be an interesting set of rules to play by.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.