[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you go online when you're lonely? I want validation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: bllo.jpg (56KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
bllo.jpg
56KB, 458x640px
Where do you go online when you're lonely?
I want validation and people to talk to, but most places I used to go are dead.
>>
is it here? people just come here
>>
Here or this depression chat room I frequent. Gotta say, I miss all the forums and shit that were eventually superceded by Reddit.
>>
>>17704748
If you find a place, let me know. I remember the early 2000s. The internet was just starting to pick up for social media. But I would honestly say that then or just before then, with the IRC chat rooms, ICQ, Yahoo chat rooms msn messenger and shit it felt like people were a lot more friendly/sociable and it honestly felt like I could meet more people. Or perhaps it was because I was younger (in my teens) then. Nowadays, social media has advanced so far. Facebook and other things have caused the death of the chat rooms, msn is gone. I don't really know any places to strike up chats with new people other than this and reddit. What's worse is I'm from Scotland, Uk so with a population of only 7 million it's even more difficult. Sorry to rant but your post is bringing up something I've been searching for myself.
>>
>>17704748
To r9k
That place gets shit on a lot but it is honestly good to talk to people there
>>
>>17704817
OP here, I feel you about the forum thing, that used to be my salvation but the internet in it's current state seems to make finding people to talk too much harder?
>>17704834
Yeah, the early 2000s were the time for meeting new people with similar interests, I'm not sure what exactly happened but I feel very alone and unable to connect? Maybe it's just me. I'm not sure what went wrong.
>>17704839
I don't fit in there and I can't relate.
>>
>>17704851
Relate to what? R9k isn't just about women hating
More like feels general
>>
>>17704853
to be honest I haven't been there in awhile, but when I was, 90% of the time it was woman-hating and aside from that I just couldn't find common ground with most people there.
>>
>>17704834
I miss when the internet was the domain of lonely outcasts. Made it much easier to connect with people, since everyone was desperate for contact. Now it's just normies with their healthy social circle and little need for bonding with faceless strangers.
>>
>>17704877
I think that's the issue here. All internet media focuses on bringing people together that you already know. There's nothing out there that people use aside from dating websites that let's you interact with others you don't know. 4chan and reddit, perhaps. That's probably why a lot of people come here. But it's not the same as the way it was then. I'm not looking back with nostalgia, you're right in what you said.
>>
>>17704942
Well there's omegle, but it doesn't really lend well to building lasting connection. IRC in my experience devolves into insular cliques with individuals vying for rank in the group; this discourages personal connections since individuals you share things with could damage your reputation with the group. Facebook has a similar problem - you don't want internet randoms having access to all your friends and family. Never really used reddit but PMs don't really serve as a great medium of conversation; it's more like a local email.

Really MSN/AOL messenger/ICQ were probably ideal for this. Gone are the days, sadly.
>>
>>17704608
the discord group mentioned in this thread, actually I joined it for that exact reason
>>
I'm so sad, I cannot connect with anyone.
I wish I had, when the internet was new and only the lonely adhered to it.
Now it's all the same and I can't find anyone who feels the same separation that I do.
>>
Yeah 4chan is good for talking but it's not what I'd look for when I'd think of talking more personally. Reddit neither.

I use the hangout room of the language learning discord server (basically like the anything goes, doesn't have to be one language or the other).

Also the OCD Glyph chatroom for people dealing with OCD to relate, and the smaller twitch streamers where only like 10-15 people watching at a time can be pleasant at times.

Surprisingly hard to find what you're looking for considering how easily accessible everything is now.
>>
>>17705060
>Surprisingly hard to find what you're looking for considering how easily accessible everything is now.
This. It's weird, for me in the mid-2000s, things were more open. Now it feels like in order to connect with people you have to identify with a certain group and join whatever chat/forum they're into before you'll even be considered to be accepted.

I miss the days when you could just be a weirdo lonely internet person and chat with other weirdo lonely internet people.
I'm not even explaining how I feel properly desu.
>>
>>17705076
>I'm not even explaining how I feel properly desu.
Naw I get you man. The certain group back then was just being on the internet.
>>
>>17705083
how do we get that feel back? I hope someone figures it out soon and lets me know, because I'm tired of this and I miss the old days
>>
>>17705093
I hear ya
>>
>>17705093
I fear there is no hope. The normies are too widespread and integrated into the internet ecosystem to go back. Best we can hope to do is take up fortified strongholds and make them as unappealing to normies as possible.
>>
Sure that there aren't any irc or other chatrooms left?
>>
>>17705111
if there are, someone let me know
>>
>tfw you post on an anonymous board about how you always feel ignored by people irl, but get ignored here too

I occasionally post on the opposite genders threads and 90% of the time people just ignore it and would reply to another poster who just posted like 2 minutes after me.

Also, you get a lot of inconsistent answers on here when it comes to talking about specifically women. Many times you'll get answers about how you have to act in a specific way just to get with a girl who MIGHT like you back. I dunno, sometimes people would say to don't put women in pedestals yet they'll go into these elaborate rants about what to do when you want a girl to like you back. Anyway, it would be nice if there was a place where you can chat with people that would actually read what you type and not give some copy and paste answer. There are some people out there that has given me some genuine, well typed and great responses but it's rare. Most of the time people on here can be really harsh.
>>
>>17705146
i often feel ignored irl and online too, but in regards to the women thing...all I can tell you is, treat everyone as a human being before you treat them as a gender.
>>
>>17705304
>treat [women] as a human
>imblying
>>
The worst thing about this new age social media is that everyone has to reply hours fucking later, pretending their busy when they obviously check their phones every 5-10 minutes. I can barely hold a conversation because people take too fucking long to reply.

It wasn't like this when AOL or Windows Live was around, man.
>>
File: a classic.jpg (4KB, 152x114px)
a classic.jpg
4KB, 152x114px
>>17705382
>>
>>17705391

afk was a short lived decency when decency was still decent
>>
>>17704834

I tried going back to aim chats and all I could find was 60 year olds. Wish I was kidding...

I used to hang out there all the time and talked with some really nifty individuals. This one guy used to talk about all the escapades he had with various female screen names and 15 year old me used to think he was so cool. Really miss those years but then again I kinda don't.
>>
>>17705398
Afk really is a relic of the past, Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
Anyone ever felt at a point that taking their life is the best option?
>>
>>17705398
>afk was a short lived decency when decency was still decent
mm.. I really believe that females getting into the net en-masse was possibly what killed it.
>>
>>17705407

There were more females online back then than there are now imo.
>>
>>17705412
>There were more females online back then than there are now imo.
I must strongly disagree. People claiming to be female != females.
>>
>>17705419

Eh maybe that was just your experience. In the chat rooms I frequented the ratio was always about 2:1 and yes they were real (still friends with some of them on facebook despite never meeting at all)
>>
>>17705412
Depends where you went. When YouTube first started out, pretty much 99% of regular content makers were male. MMOs barely had any girls besides the odd cunt pretending to be one. Forums likewise barely had any.

"Nerd" culture hadn't taken off until 2009ish and that's when everything became infested.
>>
>>17704748
For me it was conceptart,org until its fallout.

Now, it's just facebook, and even online I still don't socialize much anymore.
>>
>>17705440

2009? That was way too late and youtube was already a huge thing, talking late 2007 here, when myspace, aim, msn and bebo were still things.

Youtube also felt like a very small tight knit community surprisingly. I never really lurked any forums, just chat rooms mostly.
>>
>>17705406
Nah, I'm always holding out for what life brings. Till the damn end. I just picture death to be absolutely nothing. Which sounds boring.
>>
>>17705450
Big Bang Theory came out in 2007 and that's what caused this never ending trend so yeah you're right, my bad.
>>
>>17705076
I never thought about it that way, but you are right! My eyes are now more open.

Guess those people back then, still had some kind of trust and openness that only came with growing up with limited internet access.

Now, it just seems the younger crowed grew up engrossed in all of this that they kind of just became antisocial and clicky.
>>
I'm drunk and have a box of pills in front of me, I'm struggling for a reason not to take them all and go to sleep
>>
I have no friends I trust with telling hem this but yet open myself to ransoms on here, fucked I know
>>
>>17705498
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

This helped me a long time ago, and get a start.
>>
>>17705505

cracked is a comedy website, this is satire
>>
>>17705450
>2007

I think it was around that time or just before, that (shitty) gaming webcomics were doing that "true gamers" thing where they were hating on the new people coming into gaming.

I thought it was odd and defensive for no apparent reason but years later I realized that the normies were basically replacing them and there was nothing they could do.
>>
>>17704851
>Yeah, the early 2000s were the time for meeting new people with similar interests, I'm not sure what exactly happened but I feel very alone and unable to connect? Maybe it's just me. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Geek chic and social media became mainstream. You can break it down further but that's the gist of it.

I don't know what's going to happen to weirdo loners now that their spots have been overrun.
>>
Lurking here because I also want to know. I come here on /adv/ most of the time when I'm sad and I need someone to talk to but I'm afraid of sharing too much of how I feel because people on 4chan are... um, pretty mean.
>>
>>17704966
That group is kinda shite to honest since most people on there are under 24.

If you're in your late teens to early 20s, it's probably better to join a club or something.
>>
>>17705391
>everyone has to reply hours fucking later, pretending their busy when they obviously check their phones every 5-10 minutes

shit's weird. sometimes it's days or not at all.
>>
Here
>>
>>17704748
4Chan
>>
>>17704834
this. yahoo chat saved my sanity back in the early 2000s when I was working overnights and had no IRL social life. 90% of the online friends I've made were through there and livejournal. now it's wall-to-wall spambots. the only online friends I've made in the last 5 years or so have been through ultima online. but for non-gamers, an MMO isn't going to be a very effective people-meeting platform.
>>
>>17704834
Edinburgh of Glasgow, mate?
>>
File: 1322023967750.gif (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1322023967750.gif
63KB, 400x400px
>>17704748
Right here, buddy.
>>
I usually just visit this board to realize I'm being a mopey bitch then go back to shitposting somewhere.

Not that I'm generalizing lonely people are all mopey bitches and that loneliness doesn't suck.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.