[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this all there is to life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: O0bdp2r.jpg (681KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
O0bdp2r.jpg
681KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys, I just started a new job in digital marketing as an account manager and I've been working for about 2 weeks now.
I'm happy to say that I really enjoy the work because its novel and I don't actually mind being engaged and productive for 8 hours a day -- Something I track with the RescueTime app.
I have a nice computer, big desk with a great office environment. A week in and my bosses have told me that they're so grateful that they found me because I do a great job and that I'm their most ideal hire so far.

I got the job by working my butt off for 3 weeks prior training myself at home on all the necessary skills, and presenting a few projects I freelanced on doing digital marketing.
Now here's my only gripe. I live just outside of the major city in my area, and it takes me about an hour to commute there and back each day. I don't make enough to live in the city because it's really damn expensive and I also can't afford a car because it'd probably eat up a huge portion of my salary.

I wake up at 7am, get ready, leave at 8, get there for 9, work until 5, and get home at around 6pm. Around 11 hours of getting ready, comuting and working.
By the time I get home I only have like 5 hours of free time to cook, hit the gym, and I try to hit bed by 11pm so I get enough sleep to perform well at work.
Is this it? Do people really get used to having only a few hours of free time each day? My job is great but I feel like I have no time for myself, and hell if I wanted to do more work or learn more skills AFTER work it'd leave me 0 time to unwind.

How do you guys get used to this? It's kinda depressing, and that's coming from someone who's fortunate enough to enjoy the work.
How do you avoid burning out from this routine? My commute isn't even as bad as my friend's in my area who work downtown, they spend up to 3 hours a day commuting, I only spend 2.
Thanks in advance /adv/
>>
life is shit
>>
I used to be just like you, except that I worked at my old job for a little over three years and hated it in the end.
It was a miserable existence.

Now I'm living the sweet NEET life off of the comfy amount of savings I made during those years of slavery.

I don't have any good advice for you, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.
>>
yeah i did that with a ridiculous commute for the last 5 years or so. eventually it was the commute that killed it for me, it was taking me 2 hours to go 30 miles one way. fuck that.

so i moved and got a different job where my commute is about 15 minutes. i got kind of a throwaway low stress job that i completely leave at work so i can focus on turning what im good at into a way of actually making money. i enjoy the job too for the most part so thats pretty cool.

idk if that is helpful at all but thats what i do
>>
File: PossibleSolidGermanshepherd.webm (694KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PossibleSolidGermanshepherd.webm
694KB, 640x640px
>>17704151
Yeah man no matter what I do I find it so hard to keep myself optimistic.

It's like super depressing to be unemployed and do jack shit all day for years, Ive done it, and it's depressing that I can't even have at least like 6 hours to myself that arent including sleep.

I can sacrifice a couple hours of sleep but at what cost, I'll just get depressed from being deprived of rest.

NEET is not fun IMO, it just crippled my confidence when I'd go out and try to talk to girls. Because I care that I do something productive.

Thats like the one big benefit, I have some real confidence with this, and I'm making a little cash. If I got paid in proportion to inflation I think I'd care less. But fuck like I literally can't afford to do shit with my paycheque it's not enough to even move out. Half would literally go to rent alone not including utilities or food.
>>
When I was working I loved my job and it was a 30 minute commute by bike each way (5-10 min drive if I had to).

I tried to break it up with meetup group events and hanging out with coworkers but yeah most days I'd get home around 5 and try to be productive but much of the time if it was a weekday there was nothing to do but mess around on the computer and learn languages.

I think a lot of people get married and then they have a kdi or two which keeps them really busy. If you're single and working a stable 9-5 you can expect a good amount of free time.

I'm NEET now for a while, but hopefully that will end soon. I find it more boring than anything.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.