[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you become confident about being a woman? My mom was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (268KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 960x1280px
How do you become confident about being a woman? My mom was a super masculine feminist type who built her own house and a terrace to show everyone that she don't need a man, and my dad was really distant and never really expressed positive feelings about having children - much less daughters. While I never dated as a teen, he never expressed any protectiveness towards me considering unwanted male attention. I don't know whether that has anything to do with anything.

I don't get how other women handle it so effortlessly, slipping into heels and a skirt and slapping on a flawless makeup and just walk out of the house like they own it. Like it's no problem, like they're just doing it for themselves, because they want to do it.

Is there really anything else to being a woman than maneuvring your life around men and their wants and trying to make sure you are using them more than they are using you? Is that really what life is supposed to be? Do other girls really genuinely LIKE doing that?
>>
Is femininity really nothing else than the need to attract men?

I feel like I want male attention, but whenever I actually DO get it, I get scared and just want to get out of that situation ASAP.
>>
Hey OP.
>>
>>17703487
I know it sounds cliche, but you don't have to be like those other girls. Femininity is relative, you don't have to be feminine or whatever if you don't want to.
>>
>>17705077
Don't lie to her.
>>
what is the problem , sentence 1 or two? :
I don't get how other women handle it so effortlessly, slipping into heels and a skirt and slapping on a flawless makeup.
Just walking out of the house like they own it.
>>
What is it that you want? Be a woman? Be confident? Or be attractive for boys?
>>
I assume you have never worn a lot of skirts or feminine things? You had to look like the thing your mother hated? Men?
>>
>>17705079
I don't mean go full tumblr with proudly unshaved, dyed pit hait and all that. But you can be cute, a good person, and "naturally" feminine without conforming to those standards of femininity.

Also tomboys a best
>>
>>17703487
I'm in a similar boat OP, similar upbringing. I love being girly but I've only just recently accepted that part of myself, as I love some masculine aspects too.
Best I can say is disregard every gender norm you're faced with. You don't have to be vocal about them, just ignore them. That's the only way I've come close to finding myself properly as a person.
Ignore societies ideal of your gender, ignore your parents ideals of your gender, just be yourself, no matter how weird and lonely that is.
>>
>>17705097
>But you can be cute, a good person, and "naturally" feminine without conforming to those standards of femininity.
I'm pretty sure OP isn't 'naturally' feminine, that's why she's asking what she's asking.

Plus, what does 'naturally' feminine even mean? Femininity fundamentally involves things like taking care of your appearance.
>>
>>17705097
I would not consider the girls OP's talking about to be particularly feminine.
>>
>>17703487
>Is there really anything else to being a woman than maneuvring your life around men and their wants and trying to make sure you are using them more than they are using you? Is that really what life is supposed to be?
Interesting. As a guy, I often find myself wondering the same in reverse, and more generally, if as living creatures there is really anything more to it than just satisfying the continuing demands of reproduction and survival. Frankly as a guy I think we have the whole impressing the opposite sex thing a touch harder since women are virtually guaranteed the chance to mate, and are generally the ones making the selections.

I don't really know what to tell you about your concerns though. However, dresses heels and makeup sound more like qualities requisite/indicative of highborn european ladies moreso than women generally. Personally I would consider womanly qualities more of the order of a heightened capacity for caring and sympathy, emotional sensitivity, dealing well with small children, and a preference for interacting with people rather than objects/machines.
>>
>>17703487
Just do it OP. Buy Something girly or slutty that you've always wanted to try on. Even if you are the only one who sees yourself wearing it. My parents were the opposite, mom treated herself and me as a door mat just cause we were woman so i spent my whole life fighting everything "girly" as i didn't want to be weak like her. Now im grown and away from that shit and even though im masculine from weight lifting on and off i bought some slutty dresses and it was the best thing ever.

And im sure theres plenty of guys in the world who wish they could wear feminine outfits with confidence too. Heck i know men afraid they aren't good enough to wear a mens suit.Fuck society for sticking so many stereotypes on pieces of fabric
>>
>>17705358
You are a door mat. And you're a rotten human being for ever contesting it. Burn in hell.
>>
>>17703487
You probably think little of yourself and what you can do, but this isn't exactly true.
You need to appreciate what you have and what can do. You don't need to fit neatly into any idealized archetype to be a successful woman.
It pays more to better your good attributes and work on your weaknesses than it does to try and force a specific lifestyle upon yourself.
It's not like your current lifestyle's destroying you.
>>
File: 1477399534939.jpg (248KB, 1024x982px) Image search: [Google]
1477399534939.jpg
248KB, 1024x982px
just do it , make it happen . you have to do or do not.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.