[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here leave Uni for a Trade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: received_1300048503373884.jpg (38KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
received_1300048503373884.jpg
38KB, 750x937px
Thinking about doing this because I fucking hate every class that I'm in. Currently majoring in Comp Sci but I feel I haven't learned anything practical in my 2.5 years at Uni.

Anyone feel the way I did and pursue a trade? Thoughts on doing so? Was thinking about being an Electrician.

I just want a job where I can see the fruits of my labors and feel accomplished at the end of the day.
>>
leaving uni for a trade is dumb and lazy. you get thru general education and easy classes out the first 3 years. the last year of undergrad and postgrad is where its at.
>>
>>17703434
No, but it could be good for you if you prefer hands on work. But you're already close to finishing. You might as well just get your Bach in cs and be a code monkey.
>>
>>17703434
thought about doing this myself but i decided not too because im already in my second year. if you're already 2.5 years in, you may as well finish it and get the degree. uni is bull shit desu, i literally learn more from reading. im paying to basically say i am qualified. the teachers in my uni are too liberal and it pisses me off.
>>
>>17703434
>I just want a job where I can see the fruits of my labors and feel accomplished at the end of the day.

Electrician is great for this, When i was an apprentice( i quit) I basically did a whole shop by myself and felt great after. Especially when you can see the people 'enjoying' the lighting. Now I'm just a web content manager and feel none of that. Gonna maybe go back to Apprentice next year
>>
>>17704414

Why you quit?
>>
>>17703434
Why do you hate Comp Sci ? I've been studying alone in order to get prepared for uni.
Why don't you like it ? I want to hear your opinion.
>>
If you think it would suit you better, finish your degree and then go into it. Some people go to uni because the feel they have to, but if being an electrician is more your thing, go for it. I know people who have done just that and they're pretty happy.

Make sure you finish your degree though!
>>
>>17704743
It's all theory and barely any application. You learn all about how a computer works and circuits, but I don't give a fuck. I just want to know how to code, and they don't teach tha
>>
>>17703434
To be honest, I've been having the same feelings lately, but at the same time I don't want to leave college. I wish that they told me more about trades in high school, instead of just pushing everyone towards college or the military. I would have still probably chosen this route, but it would of been nice knowing more about some other options.

>>17704883
Yeah, computer science is mostly theory and very little application. It sounds to me like you'd rather go to a coding boot camp or something like that. Personally, I'd stick through it, because the theory is pretty important, and there are tons of people who know how to write code, but they don't know how to write good, efficient code. I also heard that the coding boot camps are pretty shitty.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.