[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take for most places to look at your resume?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Spongebob.jpg (62KB, 501x356px) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob.jpg
62KB, 501x356px
How long does it take for most places to look at your resume?

It's been almost two fucking weeks without a response. And we sent several emails back and forth before I submitted anything, I don't think they'd blow me off without at least telling me they're not interested.
>>
>>17703219

yes they would. cuz they have dozens of candidates and the person in charge doesn't get anything out of saying 'sorry were not interested'.

source: I've done hiring.
>>
>>17703223

Is that what I should assume happened? I thought my resume was pretty strong.
>>
You should have called or walked in for an interview or to ask about one
THey blew you off for sure. Dont put all your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>17703233

It's on the other side of the world, so walking in wasn't really an option.
>>
>>17703232

we all have strong resumes. i get many many many strong resumes, but i will only interview the top 5. if there isn't one from there thats great I'll check the next 5, but there usually is. and thats if its for an important job. if its an entry level job and I dont have to talk to them regularly, it doesn't really matter if they're not 'perfect' for it.
>>
Places want you to apply multiple times now to prove you want the job.

This is no joke; you basically have to beg places with applications to get something now. If you apply one day, apply again to the same place in a less than a week. Gotta show them you're really inspired to be a wageslave.
>>
>>17703261
I don't get this. Are all entry level positions not important?

There's all this scrutiny over positions just above entry level, as though people are going to turn into super heroes or something from the bottom, and no fucks giving about who gets in at the bottom? Doesn't that mean you just get a work force of useless people being promoted for starting out unqualified?

The jump from important position to miniscule/ replaceable seems so huge that anyone without job experience basically isn't going to get past retail and if they're not already financially set, it's just a scam to put them in debt to the college system. Degrees aren't cheap and if you don't go to a good school, you might as well have not gone at all. Like you said, you only look at the top 5, so what's even the point in community colleges if people who went to ivy leagues are looking as well?

Obviously can't be the only one who sees this. Scholarships only go to the best and brightest; what are the rest supposed to do? Die?
>>
>>17703292

>for starting out unqualified

thats not what i said at all.

I still follow the rule of 5. all i said that even if theres no one PERFECT for the job in those 5, i usually just hire the best one. they're still the best one for the job, but yes, its an entry level job its more important to fill it up fast then it is to find the perfect person for mopping.

>what are we supposed to do

keep applying. for every 100 jobs you submit for, you get 1 interview. then you just try to be the person they get along iwth most.
>>
This is an internship for a accounting position. Not even entry-level, an internship. I've got a major in physics and minors in math and economics. I gave them two raving letters of recommendation, my references were solid. I think I filled out the rest of the resume as well as I could. I don't have any black marks like arrests or disabilities.

I don't see what I did to fuck this up.
>>
>>17703325

>i don't see what i did to fuck this up.

the default option is not winning. get that through your head. you are not entitled to anything just cuz you did your best and made no mistakes. you can approach a woman and do nothing wrong and she'll still say no. why? cuz she doesnt like you. or even she just didn't care to find out.

>I've got a major in physics and minors in math and economics

good for you. other people who applied have a major in math, and therefore, outrank you.

>i gave them two raving letters of recommendation

we don't read those until AFTER we select the top resumes. yours likely wasn't a top resume. and thats assuming we read them at all. they are a formality for the most part, unimportant. anyone can get two strangers to write whatever they want.

>my references were solid

I had bryan singer as a reference (before the rape charges). no one even bothered to call him. i've called references twice in my career, and it was for positions that were HIGHER than me, to see straight from previous employers what its like working with them since its such an important position.

no one cares about your references when you're applying for an internship. cuz its a temporary position. it doesn't matter what others say about you in that situation.

>I DONT HAVE ANY ARRESTS

wow lets throw a parade. neither does anyone else applying for the internship mate.
>>
>>17703325
You're fishing in the wrong pond. You are not qualified for an accounting internship compared to those who actually majored in accounting. Which is a common degree available at almost any college.

They will always go for the person who majored in accounting.

You need to talk to your past professors, those in physics, math and economics and get their opinion about what jobs you should go for given your mix of degrees.
>>
>>17703219
Make a new email, ask if the position is still available.
>>
The HR guy in charge of arranging interviews at my last job would look through CVs like once in 2-3 weeks and set up the interviews in the following 2 days or so when we weren't in a rush to hire new people. Still, when he was doing that the contracts would've started about 5-6 months after the interview and when we were in the "hiring period" (the contract started a couple of weeks after the interview, maybe even faster) he would look at CVs daily and call people who met the requirements in that same day.

So it is possible that they haven't seen your CV or decided if they want to call you for an interview, but it's also quite possible that they've already seen your CV and aren't interested. Most companies don't send "We don't want you" emails for every CV they receive. I've never known a place that does it, in all honesty. There are many companies that don't even tell you that you failed after your interview.
>>
>Are they hiring?
If they're interested, you'll probably hear back from them next Monday. If not, give one more week of hope before you give up hope

>If they aren't hiring
Keep looking.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.