[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I am never doing enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: sadfrog.jpg (94KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
94KB, 399x388px
I'm a doctor and I feel like no matter what I do, I am not doing enough for my patients. I feel like I could always read more, I feel like I could always stay later even when my shift is done etc. I feel like I am never good enough and if someone manages to survive for the day, it's by luck. On my days off, I worry that I havent learned enough and I crack open a book. I can't seem to enjoy my free time. I feel guilty if I go spend time with friends knowing that if I stayed at home, I could read a few more pages of different text books.

How the fuck do I tell myself that I am good enough? I guess this is a self esteem problem, but I need to realize that I am accomplishing things and making progress. I just wish I could have an off button that I could use on my days off.
>>
I clean toilets and mow lawns for a living. I suffer from the same misgivings despite positive feed back from employers.

Do your best and then know you've done your best. We are only human.

Do not think of work outside of work.
>>
>>17703152

same. i got hired fresh out of college with no business experience to manage an entire business. and no matter what i do it feels like its not enough, like they're wasting their money paying me... despite the fact that I've gotten the company out of debt, made it profitable, and every single one of my business strategies has been, at worst, making a small profit.

despite two years of managing without a problem and even keeping the business afloat while I had a form of brain injury earlier this year, i still feel like its never enough.

i think its part of the way our generation was raised. nothing we did was ever enough.
>>
>>17703152

You need to talk to someone, you NEED time to yourself so you can function as a doctor.

I'm a vet, and admit that I have very similar feelings at time. However, you need to take a step back and realise that unless you look after yourself you won't be able to look after anyone else.

This is a ridiculously common problem amongst medics/vets- have you tried speaking to your colleagues? Have you tried ringing a help-line? (I know they do specific ones for vets, not a clue for medics). Have you tried talking to someone?
>>
>>17703213
I'm sure there are. I'll look into it more. I haven't talked to any colleagues about it because I'm relatively new and still wet behind the ears. I feel like I will get dismissed because my training isn't the same as the generation before me. It's a lot lighter now and I get the feeling that some of them will say that I have no right to feel burnt out or inadequate.

I know some senior faculty also say that there is nothing you can do to learn everything, and you need to become comfortable with that idea. I don't know how I'll ever feel comfortable with it. I want to be the best so that I can service my patients and when I look at my senior colleagues who are leagues ahead of me in terms of knowledge and experience, I wonder if I will ever get there, and then I just go back and hit the books because I feel like I need to do more. I see experienced docs bust into a hectic situation and calmly fix it, and right now, I don't feel like I'd ever be able to do that. I think the way I cope with this stress is to just read more in the event that I have to do something, I can prepare for it somewhat.
>>
It's good to push yourself to be better, but don't over push yourself, there's points in time where you should be happy where you are
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.