[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ended a 3.5 year relationship with my first girlfriend about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Ended a 3.5 year relationship with my first girlfriend about 3 weeks ago, we spent over half of these last few weeks messaging because she was afraid to let go, I ended up blocking her on social media but she continued texting me up until last Friday where we said our final goodbye so I can begin to move on with no contact. It has been hard but I do feel much better at the point I'm at now, my issue is however that I still cannot stop thinking about her. It's no longer in an anxious way or sadness/crying, it's just curiosity about what she is up to and missing her as a person in my life. This has led me to try to snoop around friends of friends facebooks to get a glimpse into her life, but she hasn't been very active so I don't see much, I also keep expecting her to message me again any day so I'm pretty close with my phone at the moment. I realise all of this is unhealthy behaviour and I'm worried about how much longer this will continue, It's hard to stop. I do distract myself and I am able to be happy when I'm doing other things but any quiet period all I can think about is her.

I think the way we broke up so peacefully makes this a lot harder, I know we both still love each other.
>>
>>17702945
I'm In the same position but she broke up with me . I keep the phone next to me hoping she'll text lol . I always wonder what she's doing. She broke up with me over something stupid but what can I do.
>>
why did you guys break up?
>>
>>17702955
Fuck, you sound like me. I didn't even "break up" with my ex, we were trying to get back together but she hasn't texted me in like 5 days and I wake up every day thinking she texted me. I'm done with her but I just wanna see her crawl back so it's her text going ignored, not mine. Even fucking other girls hasn't gotten her out of my head.
>>
>>17702955

Well my case is similar I guess, I pushed for things to end initially because I believed it was better for the both of us at this time, but I wanted things to work out, she went from begging me to work things out to understanding my point of view. She then changed her mind back and forth over the weeks if she wanted to work things out or have this break up for now, and eventually I made the final decision for her because I saw it wasn't going anywhere and she was way too confused. It still feels like she broke up with me because I didn't want this to happen.
>>
>>17702956

It's difficult to explain, she is 23 and feels she hasn't grown at all as an individual, she feels unfulfilled and thinks she needs time alone to get her shit together. This has been a reoccurring pattern earlier this year but she wanted to work through it and stay together, this time however I couldn't go through the uncertainty again and just pushed for us to end things despite her trying to take it all back.. again.
>>
File: IMG_2218.png (815KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2218.png
815KB, 709x462px
>>17702945
Funny thing about your post. I lost my girlfriend about 3 1/2 years ago to this one guy. They were still together the last I heard, and she was his first girlfriend I think.
I sincerely hope you're that guy.
>>
>>17702968
>23
Well, it turns out you can't be the guy I was thinking of.
Sorry you guys had to break up over virtually nothing.
>>
>>17702983

You hope I'm some guy that you don't like because I'm going through this? okay then...
>>
>>17702989

It's nothing to me but it was something to her, she was fighting this battle where she wanted this life with me but also wanted to be free and work on her issues and rut that was her life. We discussed it once and she promised me she wanted to be with me and could try to do both at the same time, but after months of that she continued to fight her feelings so I had to end things for what I believed is best for her sanity and my worrying about our future.
>>
>>17702992
Well yes, my exgirlfriend, the only part of my life I ever enjoyed, left me for this guy 3.5 years ago, so yeah, if you were that guy, I'd hope the wordt for you, just from a moral perspective.
>>17702998
That sounds very vague. Typically when I hear off the whole "I need to work on myself" excuse, it typically means she wants to work on herself.... getting fucked by this huge Chad she met at work.
But you did the right thing even if it was for the wrong reason.
>>
>>17702964
Lol I was pushing for us to stay together but in the end she chose her friends over me .
>>
>>17703012

Yeah that's where my mind goes too, she was very honest in the break up, and we have been broken up for over 3 weeks now, speaking for about 2.5 of those weeks about where we stand. If she had some other guy I believe she wouldn't have pushed so hard to try work things out and just been with him. Not to mention the stalking i've done has shown her spending her days with her girlfriends at the park or beach drinking.

I don't doubt we will both meet other people but I don't think that was what broke us up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.