[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm growing up or getting old or becoming an asshole.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: quilt.jpg (14KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
quilt.jpg
14KB, 254x199px
I think I'm growing up or getting old or becoming an asshole. Can't tell which, would love to get some criticism/feedback/yell into the void.

Basically I'm a miserable asshole who insists that my brand of misery is the "right way" to live. I don't really want to argue about that, just want to say that I think there is a lot wrong with the world and I've always felt like putting your own happiness before doing what I feel the right thing may be was the height of insidiously casual immorality.

And now I'm going stupid happy person shit. Buying home goods. Learning crafting skills to make things that would cost less to buy than the time I spend making them is worth. Getting along better with my family.

I'm in my 30's and have been pretty successful at what I do, in large part because I always felt like it was a moral imperative. I'm still angry at the world, but I'm getting comfy and I'm terrified it will lead me to be one of those older people who is more concerned with the temperature of their chicken fried steak than the global economy (or whatever issue).

Not sure what I'm asking for just panicking a little. Pic realated ish- a giant smug waste of time.
>>
You sound happy in your little bubble.
Why ruin that?
>>
>>17702468
It seems immoral to let myself be happy in a bubble instead of spending that energy at least being pissed, if not actually doing something.
>>
well throw yourself in to more hobbies then. or if you want to change the world, go get among it, go down to the local homeless shelter. get mad, and use that energy to help those less fortunate, etc. etc.
>>
happy ppl dont actually care about other ppls problem
you dont sound smug at all, rather bitter
reminds me of my friend who is "happily" married and shuns anyone not doing the same as him
>>
>>17702408
OP, maybe you're finding balance.
Spending you whole life trying to stay angry and hate the world enough to have the drive to fix it is surely helpful, but tiring in the long run.
It's cool to calm down. It's cool to take some time for yourself. You have more meaningful ways to impact the world than just being angry about it or be a miserable asshole.
Take time for you, for the things you love and that apparently make you happy. Use that time to recharge, to find energy, to better yourself as a human being. Bring those things to others when you help them.
Changing the world and living morally is a choice. You can benefit yourself and benefit others, it is not mutually exclusive. Don't be a martyr.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.