[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flatmate(s) Stealling Food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1200x900px
I'm pretty sure at least one of the girls I'm sharing a flat with at college is starting to get comfortable with my food. Yesterday I noticed my butter container seemed to have less butter than how I remember leaving it, but wasn't sure if I was simply being paranoid.

Today I noticed my milk cartridge had what seemed to be lipstick markings. So not only is someone stealig my food, they're also being disgustig and stupid at it, too.

We're a total of 9 I think. If I leave it be it'll definitely only get worse. How do I get to the bottom of who did this, ensuring it won't hapen again and without causing much of a stir?

I.e. how to mark territory?
>>
>>17702401
Expired butter or some expired milk in a fresh milk carton. Whoever gets diarrhea has been taking your food.
>>
>>17702401
Laxitives.
>>
>>17702414
That's not badly thought, even though it might take a while to execute.
Some of the suspects are chinese though. I'm wondering if their general diet has made them imune to spoiled food.
>>
>>17702422
Well you could also mix in laxatives I guess. Have you considered getting a mini fridge in your room with a lock on it?
>>
>>17702427
>Have you considered getting a mini fridge in your room with a lock on it?
Too expensive, and maybe not even allowed. Besides, this it the kind of life experience I'm in need of. But I'll have to do it right the first time, otherwise they'll only get too comfortable and it'll only get worse.

I'll consider the laxatives as a last resort, though, so thanks anyway.
>>
>>17702401
It's just a bit of food, what does it matter? Don't sweat the small stuff; it makes life easier for you.

If you're set on "doing something about it" just mark your things with your name/designate a space in the fridge and leave a note that says not to touch it. Or tell them that you're not comfortable with sharing food. Poisoning someone is a crime; for all you know they could have a bad reaction to your laxative.
>>
>>17702450
This is true. But I also would guess OP has tried naming his stuff which hasn't worked. I guess he could just spit on all his stuff? Yeah he'd have to eat spit but they'd see it and not eat it.
>>
>>17702450
>>17702454

I wouldn't mind if it were just a bit, or if they at least had asked me beforehand, I would have let them free of charge.

I just don't buy it that it was a one time thing, it's not my first year in college. I've heard stories before, I know how this usually goes. And I haven't tried naming my food because the general consensus when I first got into the house (was the last roomie to join) is that no one touches what's not theirs. Still, I'll consider that the message perhaps didn't come across to everyone, so maybe I'll try that naming thing.

That said, in case I am dealing with moochers, what's the best conduct?
>>
>>17702401
Well, you're dealing with girls. They believe that they're entitled to whatever the man owns.
>>
>>17702459
When dealing with moochers, have nothing to mooch. My girlfriend used to buy non-refrigerated food and stored it under her bed so people would stop taking it.
>>
Leave a note saying "Stop eating my food" on your food. If they don't stop eating your food >>17702419
>>
Stop pussyfooting around and let them know that if they don't pay for it don't eat it. Trying to be sneaky and figuring out who it is will just take up time and you may not even be able to find out who it is. Seriously just talk to them.
>>
print a picture of a dick on it and in meme lettering have it say stop being a dick, pour a glass insated of cocksuckering the milk.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.