[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Folks ive decided im going to ask my long term girlfriend to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-10-02-02-20-21.png (424KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-02-02-20-21.png
424KB, 1440x2560px
Folks ive decided im going to ask my long term girlfriend to marry me

Il say now ive heard the warning for such an idea lol but im going ahead with it.

The problem im now faced with is how to ask....

Do i go to a fancy meal
Do i go for a walk on the beach
Do i say it after sex lol

How dod everyone here thats taken the plunge ask or be asked?

Please advise or thtow some ideas in...thanks all
>>
>>17702229
I can't offer a whole lot of advice on this topic other than this, but do not say it after sex.
>>
1 & 2 are cliched, 3 is a BIG NO

Ask her when you two are just doing something normal, like eating dinner on the couch at home. Really surprise her. Those huge 'display of affection' things are weird and she'll see it coming a mile away.
>>
Dont marry, marriage is simply an economic contract
>>
>>17702229

Don't fucking do it.

You'll live to regret it.
>>
>>Live to regret it?

Like no marriages have ever been sucessful? Lol

What was the name ofif the devil that stole ur heart?
>>
Do what is personal for you two, not something out of some one-size playbook.

There were a lot of ways I thought I wanted my now-husband to propose. They were all very much my style, flashy, dramatic, etc. But that wasn't his style. He just asked on a routine walk to our favorite spot. Nothing special really, but it was so comfy and so him I couldn't have been happier. I might be the propose-on-a-week-long-glacier trip person, but he isn't, and I love him. So a simple thing, that reminds me of the simple tastes of the man I love? Perfect.

I guess what I'm getting at is it needs to be personal. Something special to you two. If you love the beach, the beach would work. But if you're landlocked corn farmers, not so much. Romantic is great, personal is better. Romantic+personal is best but storybook romance rarely = what really touches people irl.
>>
>>17702229
before you pop the question invest in having a private investigator do a little background check and tail her for a few weeks. You don't want any nasty surprises and she doesn't have to know.
>>
>diamond ring
looks like someone fell for the debeers meme

anyway like everyone else said, don't do #3, 1 and 2 suck but I'm sure she'll be thrilled anyway

think about your gf (who I hope you know rather well...) and what she would like. What is she into? and remember comfy/intimate>flashy/"romantic"
>>
>>17702249
>Those huge 'display of affection' things are weird and she'll see it coming a mile away.

Is that really a bad thing though? Like, is it supposed to come as the biggest surprise possible or can it be better to have some buildup that lets her guess what's coming?
>>
>>17703398
that's what people do in my country/culture,they ask people about her friends,relatives,past relations and stuff like that. so it's a good idea.
>>
>>17702229
>The problem im now faced with is how to ask....
We can't tell you, because we don't know her. Pick something that's going to be meaningful and memorable to you both. Can't go wrong with that. Congratulations.
>>
>>17702348
>What was the name ofif the devil that stole ur heart?
/r9k/, what else?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.