[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does dating have to be so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: 1475884135412.jpg (77KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475884135412.jpg
77KB, 814x500px
Why does dating have to be so hard?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89xUz9fZBXA
>>
I don't fucking get it.

I've been going out with this girl for a few weeks. Our first date was the best one I've ever had, she tells me our dates are the most fun she's had in america, tells me she can't wait to see me again; the works. She even told me "someday I would like to take you to brazil. My family would love you", and we even had a date planned for tomorrow.

Then about 20 minutes ago she tells me that she likes a girl, and that we can still be friends.

God dammit.
>>
>>17701675

I dunno man, it just is. Dating is hard for everyone everywhere. All of the time.

Although, there is a small possibility that everyone doesn't have the same identical experience and that there are a thousand minuscule factors that contribute to how well or how poorly someone does something.
>>
>>17701675

because if it was easy it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>17701708
>I don't fucking get it.
>I've been going out with this girl for a few weeks. Our first date was the best one I've ever had, she tells me our dates are the most fun she's had in america, tells me she can't wait to see me again; the works. She even told me "someday I would like to take you to brazil. My family would love you", and we even had a date planned for tomorrow.
>Then about 20 minutes ago she tells me that she likes a girl, and that we can still be friends.
>God dammit.
>>17701708
Fucking lol it's fine bro just keep on looking were all in the same boat
>>
>>17701964
I think the worst part about it was I would try so hard to plan dates, and she cancelled more times than we actually ended up going out. I put so much effort in to feel the way I did the few times I was with her, because it was fucking amazing. I knew I was way more into her.

What happened with you?
>>
>>17701974
Not op, but the same thing happened to me. I was way more invested in the relationship than her. Got hurt at the end. It's been 4 months and it still hurts. Gotta fight through it though
>>
>>17701995
I'm still in shock desu. She told me just Friday that she really liked me, and now I don't know if she was telling the truth or not. I've also got an exam tomorrow and this is making it impossible to study. It's all I can think about. It sounds like you dealt with it pretty maturely though. Props to you!
>>
>>17701675
lmao at least you get dates
something about me just repulses women, and i have no idea what it is

not even cashiers treat me nicely
>>
>>17702017
Post a pic anon
>>
>>17702018
why? i'll just get the same old responses about my face, my hair, etc
>>
>>17701995
That's the problem with relationships in general.
The One who cares less holds all the power. And if you care Too much, they lose interest in you.
>>
>>17701889
>Implying it's worth it in the first place.
>>
File: bean.jpg (732KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bean.jpg
732KB, 3000x2000px
>>17701702
>women
>worth having
>>
>>17701675
If dating is hard, you're simply not ready for it yet. Fix your own shit before adding another person to the mess.
>>
it is because women choose nowadays
not only they are picky as hell but they are also the most shallow creatures the earth ever carried on its back

previous generation was all about "why not?"
nowadays its
"what do you have for me which might make me consider?"
>>
>>17702443
Well, a living fleshlight that's warm and has tits is kind of a good offer.

I get your point, though.
>>
>>17702486
>it is because women choose nowadays

i think its like this because its too easy for women now a days. even my ex believed that a bunch of men are meant to get into the women and the women chooses the best one. Women can literally just go on dating apps like tinder or pof and tons of guys in the area will try getting into her. Also most women expect to have a guy that is in a higher league than her. an average women wont settle for an average guy.
>>
>>17702518
>it's the women's fault I can't get a gf despite being below average
>>
>>17702524
nice projection. I have had plenty of relationships, and women find me really attractive. Being aware of something doesent mean it is applies to you. you are either in denial, retarded, or a virgin if you dont think women expect to date guys out of their league.
>>
>>17702524
It's not wrong though. I remember watching this chick slowly gain weight eventually reaching like 60 pounds heavier and then complaining men were shallow because men were no longer interested. She refused to acknowledge the fact she basically cleaved off at least 3 points off her market value in exchange for ben and jerrys. Refused to admit she was now significantly below average.

Was fascinating to watch in action.
>>
>>17702529
If you have had gfs it proves you wrong: that women would stoop so low as to date someone as repulsive as you
>>
File: 2U8A716.jpg (94KB, 640x720px)
2U8A716.jpg
94KB, 640x720px
>>17702538
Glad to see some quality arguments
>>
>>17702538
>women can read minds

so autistic
>>
>>17701675
Beats me, m8. I completely suck at it.
>>
>>17702538
BTFO.

>>17702537
How is she different from the usual 4chan neckbeard?
>>
>>17702590
>How is she different from the usual 4chan neckbeard?
I'm not arguing that a lot of posters arent delusional. I'm just stating that people give women a lot of undue credit, they are often plenty retarded themselves. The different is society (rightfully so) shits on men who are unrealistic about their market value.

Plain janes that think they're an 8 are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>17702597
>implying women shouldn't be shit on harder
the number of women who are willing to date within their league is vanishingly small, especially in places like the PNW
>>
>>17702601
>especially in places like the PNW
Funny, I'm a rocks throw from Portland.

Please save me
>>
>>17702597
>I'm just stating that people give women a lot of undue credit, they are often plenty retarded themselves.

there are too many white knights these days. they are as bad as the r9k women haters. women have problems and so do men. its retarded when people try to diminish the problems caused by women.
>>
>>17702604
i'm in kitsap, and i need to be saved myself
there's piles of qts here but zero available women
>>
>>17702608
>there's piles of qts here but zero available women

most men are boring. if you're good looking, and a half interesting person, most women will want you.
>>
>>17702614
>if you're good looking
oh
>>
>>17702619
well if you're not good looking then good looking women are clearly out of your league.
>>
>>17702625
then apparently all women are out of my league

i don't think i'm bad looking though
>>
>>17702601
For one, the whole league thing is subjective bullshit. Other than that, what's so bad about having high standards? If nobody fits their standards, they will be alone and it's their problem. If they don't meet the standards of somebody who fits their standards, they will be alone and it's their problem too. How it's any of your business?

>>17702607
>problems caused by women
If you can't get a bitch willing to fuck you, it's not "problem caused by women" but your own problem caused by your lack of positive qualities.
>>
>>17702640
edgy
>>
>>17702643
Where? How? The post was an equivalent of "water is wet".
>>
>>17702640
>How it's any of your business?
When you watch a guy punching the pavement, it's pretty normal to comment "hey that's fucking retarded". Sure people getting emotionally invested in that random guy being retarded have issues, but that's not particularly a reflection on me.
>>
>>17702496
the fleshlight doesn't tell me its tired or not in the mood
>>
>>17702652
well, neither did my wife...
>>
>>17702614
most people are boring senpai not just men
>>
>>17702657
Was she alive though?
>>
>>17702663
yes
she was insane tho
>>
>>17702657
>did

so she left you then
>>
>>17702667
of course

all women are out of my league, remember
>>
>>17702017
OP here. I don't get dates, that's why dating is hard for me lol.
>>17702608
Holy shit me too. Maybe that's the problem. I've only met one girl I was interested in in the last three years. And she was only single for like three weeks.
>>
>>17703021
*in the last three years that was single

My bad.
>>
>>17702608
King county and can't find a not insane woman. Then again, I stopped going out recently and just concentrate on my writing, painting, and cooking.
>>
>>17701675
>Why does dating have to be so hard?
It doesn't. Your fear is the only thing that makes it so.
>>
>>17703666
i am seriously considering flying to some shitheap eastern european village and just buying a woman

or west va
>>
I get the impression from this thread that all these bitterness is coming from men who got rejected that one time in high school and from since then they have never attempted to be social again.
>>
>>17704706
i get the impression you're projecting
>>
>>17704712

How so?
>>
>>17704706
No the bitterness stems from frustration at the utterly retarded sex-relations our forebears allowed our society to slip into.
>>
I gave up dating years ago. Now i just pay for pussy. Best thing i ever did. I was born ugly, red headed, pale skin male. The only dates i could get is with bbws. I remember we had turnabout dances in grade school. I was always last to be picked. I figured out early pussy from hot chicks was going to be difficult to obtain.
>>
>>17701675
Finding somebody you're really crazy about that's also insanely attractive to you, s not easy for anyone.

I'd like to say it works out if you ease up on your standards but that's only half of it. The other person still has to desire you as well.
>>
File: badboy.jpg (40KB, 325x385px) Image search: [Google]
badboy.jpg
40KB, 325x385px
>>17702471
>Fix your own shit before adding another person to the mess.
>>
>>17702518
Last real date I went on, the woman told me how picky she is.

I don't like picking apart looks on women but she doesn't put serious effort into being 'fit' so she's definitely not a bombshell. To add to it she has no education past high school, no car (suspended license), drinks a lot and lives with mom at 24.

I will be honest and say I was maybe acting a bit needy, but to be honest it seemed like she was being hyper-critical of me from the start. She even told me in the middle of the date that she is super picky.

As for me I'm in decent shape, I look and dress cleanly, I work a steady job, I live on my own and have my own car and hobbies/friends. The last person I had to reject was rather overweight and a hot mess of problems (plus she was seeing somebody), and it's a shame because she did say she is confused as to why I don't have a girlfriend. I'd like to date somebody who is around the same state of maturity, financial security and independence as me. But it's hard enough finding someone who is not going to reject me over some completely forgivable personality 'flaw', especially when they themselves are also far from perfect.
>>
>>17705119

>lives with mom at 24

Fuck, reading that made me feel so bad. I'm a 23yo soon to be 24yo virgin who still lives at home. I've been trying to get a gf but there are times where I tell myself to stop trying and try to work on myself and move out. Are girls between the ages of 21 - 25 turned off by guys who still live at home?
>>
>>17705187
Sorry I should've elaborated. If you live with parents but are working on something like moving out and saving money in the meanwhile, or if you're with them because you value family and want to support them that's one thing. This woman I mentioned though, had no real interests outside of drinking, smoking weed and beach bumming or going to EDM concerts. I'm sure she is a nice person with a lot of potential but what I meant is that I shouldn't have been so eager to be in a relationship with someone who is clearly not the best fit for me.

>Are girls between the ages of 21 - 25 turned off by guys who still live at home?
For some yes, for others no. I know girls who have no issue driving their men around or them still living with parents.
>>
File: 1475159101487.png (595KB, 1500x3719px) Image search: [Google]
1475159101487.png
595KB, 1500x3719px
100 years ago you would have been married with children before you were 21.
If you were the ugliest guy in your village probably that meant your wife would be the ugliest girl in your village.
But you would have no conception of what a 9/10 even looked like.
You would not have had to learn PUA tricks, you would not have had to learn to be good in bed. You just would have had to be a good man and learn your trade and your virgin bride would love and obey you.

It must still be like this in many non-white countries. We can see this when people like Indians come here and are sub-autistic towards our women. The courtship skills we consider to be normal are not part of their culture.
>>
>>17705119
>picky

She was possibly trying to compliment you, fish for a compliment or convince you that she isn't a slut.

If she's on a date with you and says she is picky she is saying you have past this high bar she supposedly sets for men, right?

She may have wanted you to reciprocate and tell her she is very special and you don't date just any girl.
>>
>>17702590
>How is she different from the usual 4chan neckbeard?

That's isn't fair. At all. 4chan people are some of the most self-loathing on the planet. A fat virgin on 4chan may have unrealistic standards of how hot of a girl he'd like to have: but the fact he never speaks to girls and hates himself tells you he knows he doesn't deserve a qt.
>>
>>17705251
>She may have wanted you to reciprocate and tell her she is very special and you don't date just any girl.

Interesting point. I'll keep it in mind...for next time, maybe.
>>
>>17701974
Gib date planning tips
>>
>>17705251
>If she's on a date with you and says she is picky she is saying you have past this high bar she supposedly sets for men, right?
no, the bar is at sex, not a date

a date is nothing but a fun little outing, it means nothing
>>
>>17705262
Maybe deep, deep down they know but instead of accepting it, they tend to blame bitches for being uninterested.
>>
i've fucking tried m8s

how can a woman go on 6 fucking dates and then just up and stop responding to me. are they fucking space aliens? do they operate on some different scale of interest and attention then us lowly earthlings? is there some sort of magic word i have to say to get reciprocal interest?
just fucking kill me already. can't wait for hillary to be president so i can get conscripted into WW3 and die, then maybe someone will finally care
>>
>>17705813

Sorry bro. I have to be around a lot of women and this doesn't surprise me
>>
>>17705813
They don't care about your feelings, only their own feelings. This girl knows it would make her feel bad to handle this matter respectably: so she just don't bother doing it.
I knew a girl who I think went as far as cheating on guys to end relationships she knew weren't going anywhere.
Really they are not designed to live in a world of adults. And the way we treat them today certainly doesn't force them to jury-rig the capability to function as adults.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.