[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>old thread
>>17696893

>Discord
https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR

Join us for help on improving your life, becoming more social or just helping people with these things! All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>Wait, is this some super-secret cool kids' club where you can only be some sort of shut-in freak to participate in?
No, anybody is free to enter and help our group. Feel free to participate, just don't be a dick.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES
=======================================

1. Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2. No doxxing or spamming. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned. Spamming will result in temporary loss of text privileges.
3. Please try to genuinely improve your lot in life. We're not here to circlejerk about how horrible our lives are. We'll all slip up or need to vent sometimes, but overall you should try to be positive and move upwards.
4.The #support channel is for advice only. Check #rules for a description of all other channels and rules.

=======================================

Self-help resources: http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd
>>
FIRST
>>
I took action for the first time to seek out a mental diagnosis today after going through the past two month with a huge brain fog, no motivation to do anything (even sleep, i'd sit in front of my computer to lazy to go to my bed), at one point I couldnt move my body even though I wanted to get up and do work. Im just falling apart as I am distracted by every little thing, I can't do the "should" do and only can do thing that I must or enjoy doing. Im going to go seek help with what i think is possible ADD and anxiety. Any advice? I'm afraid that because of my use with weed is gonna dissuade my doctor from helping me with meds. I'd really like to get my life back on order and i've even made plans but I just can't seem to keep them or enact them, I'd always get entangled in some mundane but slightly interesting article on the internet or youtube videos or facebook feeds which constantly stimulated me. I want to get help as im in 2nd year of uni and if this keeps up, I dont even want to think about it. Any advice for my first appointment?
>>
>>17700117
btw i've control my smoking down to only once a week and i plan to not smoke until my doctor appoint on nov 4th. In the mean time I will try to get over this midterm season and not die from the stress of not doing anything even thought I know the consequents will catch up with me sooner or later.
>>
>>17700123
>>17700117
welp?
>>
File: 1301231619928.jpg (19KB, 346x284px) Image search: [Google]
1301231619928.jpg
19KB, 346x284px
>New coworker 4 months ago
>We quickly became friends, spending time before and after shifts talking anime/games/memes
>This is all new territory for me, being a landwhale of a man and self described dirtbag, and now this skinny nerd boy is up close gushing over LoL heroes and streamers
>Suddenly- gets right up next to me
>"Hey dood whats your steam id?"

>Next day, he text me
>"What are you doing Halloween? I got a few days off"

I better clean my house
>>
>>17700117
>I'm lazy and unmotivated because I've done nothing but wallow in filth and play video games for the past 10 years.

It's not a medical condition, and if it was Marijuana would absolutely not be the drug prescribed.
>>
>>17700117
There's a lot of things you should do that aren't just medication. Look into a psychologist as well to change thinking patterns and the way you handle things. And in the interim look in the pastebin at the stuff for anxiety. There's a lot of good resources on there that you can use to try to help yourself out.

>I'm afraid that because of my use with weed is gonna dissuade my doctor from helping me with meds.
I think that's probably not going to be a problem in your case. You're trying to cut down and moreover it's not like it's a hard drug.

>Any advice for my first appointment?
It's okay to be nervous or not open up fully. You want to, eventually. And you should definitely try to be honest with everything. But the first appointment is feeling one another out, deciding if it's the right psychiatrist/psychologist for you. Write down any questions or concerns or anything you want to talk about ahead of time if there's anything pressing you want to mention but are afraid you might forget. Good luck, don't back out of going. And don't panic.

Also if you've felt suicidal before don't mention it right off the bat. You only get committed typically if you have clear plans to kill yourself or another, so saying "I feel suicidal at times but don't want to die" shouldn't get you committed, but you don't know if the person you're going to is any good yet so save it for when you trust them and believe them to be competent.
>>
>>17700087
Gay server
Literally not even about improving and is filled with shitposts
Filled with socially awkward weabs
And europoor vikinngs
Admin is shit way too pussy to actually ban people and is a nazi, and loves weabs
There's also a mutant weab there like the nigga straight up has half a penis and half a vagina
And a milk drinking weaboo pakiscum
There are still some cool people in this server like EASTCOASTGHOST AND ALEC

Overall shit server would not recommend
If you're searching for a place to actually improve your, life this is not the place for you.
>>
This is my first semester back after I took medical leave for mental health and I'm still doing shit at college.

My social phobia has gotten worse and I always feel like I'm being watched whenever I leave my floor. I don't trust anyone, not even my friends from or my family because I feel as if everyone thinks I'm too austistic and imcompetent to even communicate with. I don't ask for help or even discuss course material when I don't understand something in class and overall just feel miserable showing up to class everyday.

At this rate, I'll graduate a significant time later than everyone else in my class, and I know, "just go at your own pace", but the shame of being this behind really fucks with me.

Pretty much been feeling like shit for the past couple of years.
>>
>>17700711
Thank you anon
>>
I have a job interview in 8 hours. Anyone got any calming techniques? This is fucking annoying. My mind recognises that it ain't no thang but my body is still starting to get jitters. Fucking biology, mang.
>>
>>17700949
>I don't trust anyone, not even my friends from or my family because I feel as if everyone thinks I'm too austistic and imcompetent to even communicate with.
This stems from your insecurities. Make a list with all of your insecurities/fears on them, as well as thoughts you shouldn't have. And below each one write down as many reasons or evidence as you can why it's not going to come to pass or why it isn't possible. Refer back to the list often when you're feeling insecure.

>My social phobia has gotten worse and I always feel like I'm being watched whenever I leave my floor.
You were more withdrawn for the time you took medical leave, honestly it's to be expected that it would get worse. Look in the pastebin at the resources for self-CBT and anxiety. There's a bunch of good advice in there. No matter what though, don't withdraw. You have to keep putting yourself out there or you'll only spiral deeper and become more afraid. Exposure therapy isn't fun or easy, but genuinely, it does wonders.

>>17701053
No problem.
>>
File: breathe.gif (924KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
breathe.gif
924KB, 500x460px
>>17701071
Slow, deep breaths. Try to remind yourself how much you've prepared and how qualified you are. The fact you're even getting an interview means they're at least somewhat interested in you. Go do something more engaging to keep busy as well. Good luck.
>>
>>17701114

Cheers, man. I'll give it a good go but if I don't get it then it's not the worst thing that ever happened. That gif is pretty cool, watched it out of the corner of my eye expecting a screamer though :P
>>
Ive come a long way from where i was, but today i had a date with this guy (no homo... ok homo) and cancelled on him because i was too afraid to meet him. I lied and said i was feeling sick. How do i get over this fear? I do this a couple times a month. Im thinking about biting the bullet and asking him to hang out later. He seems cute, a little chubby, band geek, actually the type im looking for too. Wtf is wrong with me?
>>
>>17701179

Ask him. I've never experienced that specific feel but I've turned down job offers on the phone because I suddenly get nervous and don't want to start.

You've said he seems to be your type so just ask him out again and don't flake this time, even if you are anxious. You're obviously annoyed with yourself for cancelling so rectify it.
>>
>>17701179
He's probably going to think you're not interested if you keep doing stuff like that. You need to change it, and if you can't and you're charismatic enough - which I assume you are since you have a date - you could win his sympathy and come across as endearing if you tell him that he makes you nervous because you want to impress him. Don't let onto the severity of it if you do that though.
>>
I'm not a neet, but I was in a shitty place for a while.

Had a bad breakup, looked up ex videos online, found this guy named Corey Wayne on youtube.

He seems like a total douche but what he says makes a lot of sense. Most of his videos are about dating/ex girlfriends/etc. But there's a lot of good videos about general self improvement, being a man, etc.
>>
I am not really a neet but I dont want to make a new thread and this seems somewhat fitting to let off some steam

fuck I just dont know... my life got completely out of control... it seems so easy to get back on track but for no reason at all I just dont do it. and time passes, day after day, month after month. I dont know what is wrong with me, why nothing helps. I have been depressed for most of my life and am in therapy for years now and tried all sorts of things. I never feel true happiness or satisfaction, every breath feels like a chore. noone understands me. even though I have many friends I feel alone. my life can be summed up as a huge waste of potential

but yeah, I wont give up. things are slowly getting better again but life is tough. just letting you guys know that even people born with a golden spoon in their mouths can go through a lot of very very bad times.

>>17700949
>the shame of being this behind really fucks with me
this is a mistake i often make myself. shame, frustration, regret. but you are already accomplishing a lot. you are back in college. you even show up to class everyday. that's already great!

honestly I dont know what to tell you that could actually make a difference. but remember to see the positive. you went through a lot of shit yourself. but you managed to endure it. and not just that, you are trying to change it. don't cower now. once you got your life back on track you will have overcome a lot of shit. and not many people can say that

look, my father grew up in a very very poor family. he had a terrible childhood, dropped out of high school, survived as garbageman and farm helper. he suffered from both depression and autism in a time when there was no medical assistance and it was shunned far worse by society than now. then when he was in his mid 20s he got his high school degree and worked his ass off. and he became rich and got a much better life. many great people had their bad times but those are what made them strong
>>
Fuck it I'm trying to improve, get out a bit at least buy my social skills are pretty far back.

Can I ask how to approach people and just try and make some friends in public places? And any tips for handling customers without seeming like a meaty robot, might be getting my first job at a gas station and I'd like to not fuck it up.
>>
I'm a complete shut in, could use some advice.

Every new thing I start, every new place I go, I get tired of so quickly. I try my absolute best to put my full heart into it and give things a chance, but every time it quickly disintegrates into disillusionment and isolation.

I'm really in a good place, by all metrics. Good grades, good resume (inb4 reeeee get out), not half bad looking, but i just hate it all.

I never wanted anything. If suicide wasn't a sin, if it wouldn't make my mother and father cry, I would have done it by now. Maybe I just need a girl, but I can't put up the effort to make normal relationships work.

/rant
>>
>>17701623
>noone understands me. even though I have many friends I feel alone.
Someone posted some really good advice in another thread that I think might be able to help you. >>17701538

>>17701662
Go to a gathering of some sort that you'll be at for a while like a concert, con, etc., or join some kind of thing that's recurring (classes, clubs, gym). Those are the kinds of settings where it's appropriate/easiest to talk to people and make friends.
>And any tips for handling customers without seeming like a meaty robot
Pretend they're your friends, but not the kind of friend you'd talk to in depth. The kind of friend you'd make polite small talk with. So treat them nicely and be personable, but don't pry.

>>17701668
Look in the Pastebin for advice on how to cope with depression, there's a treasure trove of good resources in there. Talk to your doctor too. Depression makes motivation very, very difficult to come by. It's why everything you're trying is failing, because it makes things that much harder to stick to. If you can try to keep at something long enough to form a habit out of it, because it makes it that much easier to keep up with once it is so motivation is no longer as big of a factor.
>>
the discord is a cool idea, i hope it serves some support other than chitchat...

i used to visit these threads years ago, i'm at the same point.

>>17700842
*siigh* thats a shame... why cant nice things ever happen
>>
>>17702240
Why not join the discord and form your own opinions before discounting it?
>>
Any shut-in here who has some advice/experience about working home? I can do some programming (although most of it is just self-taught as a hobby).
I have tried applying for jobs locally before but I'm getting anxiety during interviews that I'd totally mess up and stutter. Just leaving home makes me feel scared so much that my stomach gets upset. No idea if an 'online' interview will feel bad, but I would like to hear some advice first before jumping in.
>>
>25 years old neet drop out
>I've been trying to get back into education
>spent august-september looking for a school
>found one
>anxiety and fear everytime I would go there to sign up
>proceed to do this a few times over the past 2 months

Now I'm 10 days past the limit for the registration,
I've sent an email to see if they're willing to make an ecception.

Please cross your finger for me.
>>
Watch Welcome to NHK and Tatami Galaxy. They may not help. But you need entertainment in that room.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.