[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it inconsiderate to cook foods with Forbidden Ingredients

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (151KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 640x640px
Is it inconsiderate to cook foods with Forbidden Ingredients when living with someone extremely picky?

I'd love to cook with garlic, blue cheese, mushrooms, bacon, olives, dried tomatoes and all these delicious things, but my sister is extremely picky and if a food appears to contain an ingredient she Does Not Eat, she takes it as a personal insult, as if I poured poison in it to spite her. She's 24.

Which one of us is wrong here?
>>
>>17699227
Well, she can just not eat it if she doesn't like it. It's not illegal to cook it.
>>
>>17699227
What is the situation in the household? Who contributes what? Why do you cook for everyone, is what I'm getting at?
>>
>>17699230
I usually cook for the whole family, so suppose it's alright if I make her something else?
>>
>>17699227

Either she eats or goes hungry, not your problem. Cook whatever you want.
>>
>>17699260

If the whole family eats the same stuff, she will eat it too. What gives her the right to be a spoiled asshats about it? If she's not okay with it, she can make something for herself.
>>
>>17699260
I think that if she doesn't want to eat what the whole family eats, she can cook something for herself.
If you cook something special for her, you're being nice and she has absolutely no right to complain.
>>
>>17699260

Growing up, if I didn't like what my grandmother cooked, I didn't eat. Your sister is 24 years old for fucks sake, if she's causing a fit when you're cooking for the family, then she can fucking feed herself then. Pretty god damn simple.
>>
>>17699260
Fuck no. She can make her own food if yours isn't good enough for her. Don't enable her to be a twenty four year old brat.
>>
>>17699301
Pretty much this. Although, since you are cooking for the whole family, it is understandable that she would feel like you're not taking her "needs" into consideration. You don't HAVE to, but depending on the situation, it may be "nice" to. For example, she contributes to your livelihood in some way; e.g. you cook for the family and pay less rent, but she pays more rent and does nothing else. If so, she should be considered when it comes to your cooking. She's sort of owed that benefit, if she exchanges another for it.

If, however, you're just being nice and there is no "exchange" of benefits, tell her to fuck off because she's just being an entitled shithead. If she doesn't like it, she can make her own damn food. She's old enough and no one owes her anything.
>>
>>17699307
Mom pays for the house bills (electricity, water, etc), I mostly buy and make the food, and do dishes and the laundry (though my mom starts doing it when she feels like being a Martyr) and my sister hasn't gotten around to getting disability for the depression that prevents her from doing anything she doesn't find fun.
>>
>>17699319
Aww, that's a bit of a tricky situation. From a purely objective standpoint, since she doesn't pull her weight, she deserves no special consideration - beggars can't be choosers.

But - because of her depression, she's obviously emotionally "ill," which means she's super sensitive to what she perceives people are "doing to her." That's why she takes you using an ingredient she doesn't like personally. It isn't, but she's just wired to think that way.

Honestly, it's your call. You can be "right" and be perceived as an asshole by your sister, or you can try to be "supportive" and listen to her dumb needs.

You could also try talking to her and telling her that she isn't entitled to anything, and that she should really be grateful that you're cooking for her at all, even though you gain nothing for it. People with depression often forget to be grateful for what they have, because they're so damn negative.

So, it's your choice.
>>
>>17699341
>You could also try talking to her and telling her that she isn't entitled to anything, and that she should really be grateful that you're cooking for her at all, even though you gain nothing for it.

This is horrible advice. Do this if you're a petty bitch and just want to be mean, because it will do nothing to actually help the situation.
>>
When you're cooking for a family you have to take everyone's tastes into account otherwise there's really no point in cooking "for the family" because if you serve them shit they don't like constantly, they'll just start getting takeout or whatever instead of eating your food.

But I'm not quite clear on your situation so

If you're cooking for everyone: don't use those ingredients.

If everyone is responsible for their own food and you just happen to be the one who likes to cook: do whatever you want
>>
>>17699341
>>17699381
I made a pie consisting 100% of stuff she won't eat. It's fucking delicious.
>>
>>17699227

shes wrong in the sense that she takes it personally.

but why not just cook seperate meals?
>>
>>17699227
>sister

tell her to make her own food or go fuck herself
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.