[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am dating this sweet wallflower who is very dedicated. She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: Haruka.jpg (361KB, 1500x1898px) Image search: [Google]
Haruka.jpg
361KB, 1500x1898px
I am dating this sweet wallflower who is very dedicated. She is down to earth and isnt clingy or an attention whore. Why do my friends call her boring?
>>
Gee maybe it's because she's boring. We don't know your gf, and none of those traits you listed off have anything to do with being exciting/boring
>>
They're probably right, she sounds incredibly boring. Give it a few months and I guarantee you, you'll be bored of her too
>>
>>17698980
> very dedicated
To? What does she want in life? What does she do?

>down to earth
Sounds rather boring.

> isnt clingy
Only means that she's a normal human being. Clingy fucks are mental wrecks.

>attention whore
Perhaps because she has nothing to attention whore about?

You didn't name a single interesting thing about her in your post, so maybe your friends are right.
>>
>>17698988
Shes dedicated to her family and relationships and her little endeavors like baking.
>>
>>17698994
Eww, that's beyond boring.
>>
>>17698980
Why do you give a flying fuck what they think?
>>
>>17698994
My god, she sounds like a wet blanket. And you sound like the sort of guy this appeals to because he has no personality of his own, and lacks the charm to get any normal girl with even an iota of personality.
>>
Are you dating your friends? No, so focus on yourself. If they can't respect the fact she ultimately makes you happy I have to wonder how much they give a shit about you.

>>17699002
It's not like the "normal girl" is all that engaging. There's a reason why everyone makes fun of 20 something white girls and pumpkin spice lattes. Not that most "alternative" girls are much better either.

It just sounds like you want an excuse to bring OP down.
>>
>>17699015
I'm not sure if you've been here too long or what, but normal guys don't describe their girlfriend's positive traits as 'dedicated,' 'not clingy' and 'not an attention whore.' They normally go for girls who have a lot more substance to them
>>
>>17699022
>They normally go for girls who have a lot more substance to them
Except most girls have little substance. Men too, but we're not talking about dating them.

On top of that, most women in their early 20s are flighty and are attention whores on top of that. So I understand why someone may value those traits. Stop being so ass pained about someone else girlfriend.
>>
>>17699025
You sound a lot like what I suspect OP is like.
>>
>>17699025
>OP asks why people find his gf boring
>people tell OP why they would find his gf boring
>faggot complains about people doing what OP asked for and defends the boring ass gf
>>
Apparently a homely woman who is family centered and a homemaker is no longer popular
>>
Why does it matter if she's boring? You're dating her and not anyone else, only your opinion matters here.
>>
>>17699114
Why would a glorified NEET be popular these days? Besides just because somebody is family centered doesn't mean they have to be devoid of any interesting qualities?
>>
>>17698980

They probably mean "she's making you boring, you're less fun than you used to be". Has the time you spend with your friends diminished or changed since you started dating her?
>>
>>17698980
Women can't have interesting personalities. Just check out female communities like lolcow.
>>
Whats the difference between multilingual and language?
>>
>>17699226
"What's the difference between an orange and apple juice?"
>>
No one here can tell you. Most of the time when people say someone is boring, they don't mean that their personality is cardboard, just that interacting with them is not stimulating. They are not funny, not insightful, don't know how to be a good storyteller and listener. Your girlfriend could have lots of good traits but if she's like a wall to talk to, people won't experience her as interesting even if she technically is in her own right.

Other than that, it's worth saying that your description of her is kind of odd. It sounds a bit like you are describing a machine that is optimized for efficiency (loyal, demure, doesn't raise red flags) more than a full person you are in love with. You didn't mention at all whether she's affectionate, funny, driven, smart etc. So that might be part of the issue, too.
>>
>>17698980
because she is probably boring although there isn't anything wrong with that if thats what you are going after.
>>
>>17698980
Because you seek different things from her.
You have a girl who is a perfect, "wife material" kind of girlfriend. You don't really care if she hasn't much going in her life beside her family because you value the "housewifey" qualities enough that they make you get over her the fact that she's pretty boring and hasn't much going on.
They don't experience the romantic aspect of your relationship, so they don't have anything that makes them say "yeah, she's pretty boring, but a good person because x and y".

It's like asking why your friends don't like your girlfriend, because after all she sucks your dick like she was born for it. They don't get their dick sucked, so who cares.
>>
>>17698980
Because men are used to seeing dramatic attention whores all the time that they see them as normal.

You've got the unicorn and they see it as an odd thing. But she's a keeper
>>
>>17699531
Whats peoples obsession over excitement anyway. Do people have adhd?
>>
>>17698980
Well, maybe she's boring. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, surely your relationship isn't so shallow to be shaken by some dudes words right?
>>
>>17700570
How long would you stay in a relationship with someone who didn't stimulate you mentally? It's not about excitement, it's about not being boring.
>>
>>17700624
So thats what kids thinks these days? There are other people who can be mentally stimulating for you. Relationships have a different purpose. No wonder kids these days cant get a fucking significant other. Everything is about "me".
>>
>>17701646
Serious question: do you live in the 50s or something?
>>
>>17701656
Nah buy man things are better than then now. People knew how to compromise then. Less whiners and marrying young was a thing
>>
>>17698980
Fuck your "friends". That girl is legit. Never let her go!
>>
>>17701670
I bet you were born in the wrong generation and everything, right?
>>
>>17699114
too many millennial fuckboys who just want some fuck honestly with a fun girl.
>>
>>17700570
I find the idea of spending the rest of my life with someone who isn't also my best friend, other than a good person, terrifying.
I want my SO to be a good partner - loyal, dedicated, committed, with the same long term plan for life that I have. I want them to be a respectable person, someone with character and values, someone I can respect and admire.
But, on the other hand, I'd rather be single than be stuck with a person who isn't my complete and absolute best friend. I want my SO to be someone I can sit down and drink a beer with while watching sports on tv, I want them to be down for a roadtrip around eastern europe, I want them to read and discuss about the books they've read with me, and I want them to argue about politics with me.
And, yeah, I'd want them to fuck me silly, too.

You can have it all, it is not necessary to choose one over the other. The idea that settling and finding a partner is more important than the quality of the partner is silly. You're not interested in the relationship or love the person, you just want to have a relationship and love someone.

In the 50s marriage wasn't really about love, but it was a practical union based on satisfying mutual needs. Right now we don't need to be married to be happy. Marriage is totally unnecessary and, if you choose to get married, you better marry someone who is totally badass.
>>
>>17702416
Marraige was never about love. Mellinials thinking it is. Though you should at least marry someone you like.
>>
>>17702416
Thats unrealistic tall order. Getting a virgin wife would be easiler than what your asking.
>>
>>17702434
Feminism during the years took away a lot of the meaning to marriage. Men and women used to have complementary roles and you married because you needed the other half to be a functioning human being. Right now it is not like that anymore and there is no need to get married. People marry for love since the 70s and so, it has very little to do with "millennials".

>>17702440
Already married my SO, who is pretty much like that.
Also lost our virginity to each other.
>>
>>17699114
it is
majority of men want to get married and have children
homemaker women is a scam though, the ring wont fall off your pretty finger if you work
>>
>>17702497
If you want her to work, you don't want a "homely woman who is family centered and a homemaker".
Most girls want to marry and have kids, too.
>>
most women are boring and most men too. if you like her, ignore your friends. Once you get to properly know someone, the interesting aspects of them wear away anyway. Her being compatible with you and making you happy is most important.
>>
>>17702416
Stop talking about a decade you know nothing about.
>>
>>17698980

They say she's boring because there's no exciting drama to gossip or complain about. She's not not making a scene or being loud or obnoxious. There's nothing to discuss.

But you like being with her. All that matters.

It's like having a practical sedan that never breaks down. Going on a fishing trip where you catch a reasonable number of average size fish. Or eating a burger from a fast food joint.

Sure you enjoy it. It's great. Lots of other people would enjoy it. But nobody thinks it's particularly interesting to listen to you prattle on about.
>>
>>17702440

Not really. The tall order would be if he wants all that AND has some hard limits like, no fat chicks, has to be a virgin, can't be allergic to cats, etc, and refuses to entertain the idea that his partner will have her own set of interests. She may be super into some shit he finds utterly boring or ridiculous. Scratch that. She will be.

To get a person you want to accept you and all your faults, it really helps to be able to accept others and their faults.

Too many people on advice are alone because they believe that in spite of their flaws, they deserve a chance. But apparently this thinking doesn't apply to anyone else in the world.
>>
>>17702961
>But you like being with her. All that matters.
Best advice in this thread.
>>
>Only want to make money, have fun hobbies like hiking and camping, vidya, gardening, and dog training
>Go white water rafting and shit on weekends
>Only want to raise kids in comfy country where they are relatively safe and have opportunities
>Choose simple life
>Traveled to Ireland and Toyko
>Disneyland multiple times
>Watching my friends burn out of their "wild phase"
>They all look ten years older than me, not in a good way. Like old mans skin and teeth on a 25 year old's body
>They can't find good life partners
>Wife and I are boring because we aren't out slamming down shots and cocaine every weekend I guess
>Friends' relationships ending in cheating and misery

To each his own. What some call boring, I call comfy as fuck. I once wanted to be a inna woods hermit, which i guess would've made me interesting. But I'm too comfy now.
>>
The real answer?

Threat of happiness. People don't like seeing others content or happy when they aren't themselves and will say or do just about anything to ruin the happiness of those around them in an attempt to bring everyone in the vicinity to their level. It's very sad but incredibly true.

This is why we push sex as the main ideal of relationships; nobody wants to see you happy. It's annoying to those who aren't and will even piss them off. Lonely people will shit on everything proactive people are doing just because they're sad and lonely and no one is coming along to fix their problems for them.
>>
It means she's a useless ugly bitch
>>
>>17698980
Maybe shes just shy around new people and that aura is being given off. Maybe your friends are assholes. She sounds more like the type you could settle down with in the long run, maybe they have been into girls who are just a good fuck.

Either way, tell them to lay off. If you're happy that's all that matters.
>>
>>17698980
>Why do my friends call her boring?
Maybe theyre the type that need other people to entertain them.
>>
>>17698980
envy
>>
>>17698980
You are seeking some kind of validation on 4chan about your gf?
Give yourself a think about your life and you as a person.
>>
>>17698980
ENVY,stay with her because she is probably the best you can find,settle down Anon,your best girl is with you.

don't mind what anyone say here she is the type of girls that care about family,don't lose her.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.