[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking it off early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/ I need some help.

I've been semi-dating this girl for about a month now that includes:
>going to bars
>her coming over to my place and sleeping there
>went out on a weekend twice

But last weekend I've gone out with friends to parties and have had 2 girls hit on me painfully obviously.
Now I am a 22 year old guy and have just come out of a 3 year relationship, and this really made me realize I don't want to settle down again that fast.

How do I explain to this girl we shouldn't be seeing each other anymore? I know it's a shitty thing to do especially since I am a bit out of her league (not trying to pump my own ego here just being objective, also some of my friends were a bit baffled by it) and she obviously likes me more than I like her.

Thanks for any replies and I know I'm being an ass here.
>>
>>17698895
Did you say you're bf/gf? Doesn't seem like you need to dump her, just stop seeing her.
>>
>>17698907

Well we're in that phase just before you talk about yourself as a couple, you think I should slowly have less and less contact or say it straight (Say I don't want to be in a relationship again this soon) ?
>>
>>17698915
Have you kissed/had sex etc?
>>
>>17698922
Yes, multiple times
>>
>>17698927
Yeah, well, then depending on how talkative you two were before, stop initiating contact, and if you used to talk daily, then after a week respond with the 'i'm not ready yet' message. Basically, by then she might have gotten the message already, so it won't be so surprising, but neither will have you left her hanging by disappearing.
>>
>>17698939

I doubt she's gotten it, she just thinks I'm a bit of a distanced guy generally.
>>
I'm in a similar situation.

>met on tinder
>text gamed her
>she came over and we fucked first time we saw each other
>been dating for four weeks
>she comes over, I go over, we sleep together, spend the day together

Now, how do I know she likes me more than I like her? Why should I presume that she wants a monogamous relationship? And why should I stop seeing her, just because I'm open and willing to fuck other girls?

It seems you're not asking yourself these questions, OP. If you want to see her, you can continue, as long as you make sure she knows that you're not going to be exclusive. Now, if you're lying to us, as well as to yourself, and you're actually ready for a committed relationship, as long as it's with someone in your league - then dump her before your lying by omission traps her in a horrible, heartbreaking hook on you. But WHAT IF she's actually into fucking other guys as well, being free to persue sexual and/or romantic relationships that give her something that you're not providing?

I'm 32 btw. I used to think like you, and then women happened.
>>
>>17699006
>Why should I presume that she wants a monogamous relationship?
You fucking shouldn't assume it because you met on a fuckapp. Goddamn
>>
>>17699006
I'm not from a degenerate country where open relationships are something that actually happens.
>>
Tell her straight up what you feel. Don't be a bitch, you said you're 22. Grow up or don't initiate a relationship type gig if you're not looking. That simple.
>>
>>17699008
tinder works differently for different age groups, senpai

>>17699013
I'm pretty sure 'open relationships' - or uncommitted, non-exclusive dating, as you might as well call it - is due to the realization that you shouldn't feel pressure to decide on something potentially life altering, just because you've been kissing the same person for four weeks. It hard not to fall into prejudice about the American dating way, since you lot are complaining about having to spend money to properly date someone, and then only see the trees for the red flags. Buildinga relationship is something that happens over time. If you can't acknowledge the fact that adult people have sex, and you want to make that into something holy and quintessential, you're already fucked. If you have to decide to stick to one person, just because you're fucking on a regular basis, and likewise, if you can only sleep with someone you intend to love and cheerish for what might as well be the rest of your life, that means you don't take love and romance very seriously.

You can basically make a list of circular and oppositional polarities:
>can't love someone who fucks freely
>can't build relationship without fucking
>can't know someone without building relationship
>'many fish' metaphor
>'the one' fallacy
>who to fuck, if can not fuck several because degenerate
>how know if chose right

Do whatever feels right, without behaving like an asshole. What makes you want to stop doing something that obviously is to your liking, like her coming over to your place and going out with you on two weekends, just because you want to stick it in a couple of potential cumdumpsters - when one does not exclude the other, especially not until you have the talk.

You can have the talk, make sure she understands that you're not ready for an excl. relationship, but at the same time let her know that you like her and want to continue seeing her, taking things slow. More women that you'd like to imagine would be down.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.