[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sad 22 year old over here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: fat-sp08_cover_hi-res.jpg (1MB, 1417x1414px) Image search: [Google]
fat-sp08_cover_hi-res.jpg
1MB, 1417x1414px
Hey guys...

Currently between a rock and hard place with my girlfriend of almost 7 years. We started dating when we were 15 and now as we are out and in the real world my girlfriend understandably, wants to start living together.

With this, I have a lot things going for me right now and I'm not sure of what to do. I love her deeply but I don't want to make any decisions that Ill regret. She is quite disheartened but my hesitance toward living with her and eventually getting married and having kids. IDK what to do. Very sad about the whole situation and I care for her. She is not talking to me too much after this conversation. Any advice?
>>
>>17698153
Well, why are you against it?
>>
>>17698159
I feel like it is the first step toward settling down. And I feel so young... to be living with a potential spouse and potentially getting married is pretty crazy just coning out of school
>>
>>17698174
Buddy, I think it's time that you end it. It's not the advice you want to hear, i know, but IMHO it's the right thing for the both of you.

Moving in with her will result in one of the following

a) you're going to end up resenting each other for a number of reasons on account of 22 year olds being unsure of their place in their world, their desires, goals, and being generally restless, and thus the domesticity is likely going to feel suffocating. you'll then take out your frustrations on each other with barbed words and cold behavior that will gradually wear away at all affection you have for each other; and maybe infidelity will occur on either part. stuff like this is not uncommon in serious relationships between such young couples. i can tell you have the itch to explore new possibilities, and maybe on some level she wants the same (or will in the future)

b) you stick things out despite all problems, you get married and she inevitably gets pregnant. you're now ethically bound to the institution of marriage and parenthood. you could break the binds but it would come at a high emotional cost for everyone involved -- you, her, the child(ren). if you choose to stay, maybe you would be happy, who knows? but more likely you'd be wondering what your life would have been like had you not settled down with the girl you fell in love with as a child. you'd wonder what it would be like to date someone else or even just fuck someone else. maybe you could have emigrated to another country, gone backpacking in asia etc etc. my point is, marriage means mutual individual sacrifice.

cont.
>>
>>17698333
This dude is kinda right. But before even getting there, if you're hesitant to settling down, she's probably not the one for you, or not anymore. If you were madly in love, this wouldn't even be a matter of discussion between the two of you.

Sorry OP, it sucks :/ Been through this, I figured I was hurting her even more that it was hurting me to stay with her when deep down hidden inside of me, I knew I was only waiting for the right exit to end it.
>>
>>17698333
cont.

I once had a professor who opined that if you're in your 20's and you're sensing substantial doubt about the relationship you're in, end it. at first, i thought that idea was some overly harsh shit, but I think it's true. your 20's is your time to try out different modes of living, meet new people, explore the world, take risks on your own, essentially do the whole ''finding yourself'' thing, which sounds like trite bullshit, but it is cliche for a reason. then after you have satisfied your wanderlusts and feel grounded in the world and in your own self, it might be time to find a person around your own age who went through similar rites of passage. and who knows, that person might end up being your current girlfriend. it's not terribly unlikely

the only way that I think what i've written MIGHT be wrong is if your'e both devoutly religious. that's the only way i can fathom a relationship such as yours working out uninterrupted from 15 until death; or if you both adhere assiduously to some kind of rigid ethical code. however, i'm going to guess that that isn't the case.

truly committed monogamy can only succeed from devotion to deeply felt duty that involves the sacrifice of many personal desires, and not from that feeling we call love; you know what i'm saying? i don't know dude, maybe i am totally wrong about you two; maybe you are two special people who could just somehow make things work through thick and thin. but let me add one more thing, the longer a relationship lasts, the worse the break up will be,not least because it will delay the both of you striking your own paths.

so yeah, i say break up with her in delicate but direct fashion. it's going to hurt a whole lot for a while for the both of you, but it will make you both stronger people

then again, i'm also just some guy on a sri lankan yo-yo forum stoned on benzos. no matter what you decide, listen to your gut; it's usually right about these things. i wish you the best OP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.