[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you date a guy who uses marijuana? I recently met this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 44984.jpg (103KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
44984.jpg
103KB, 1024x536px
Would you date a guy who uses marijuana?

I recently met this guy who is great. I really really like him. He's very funny, thoughtful, and romantic.

But he told me last week he smokes marijuana.

I was never around that growing up at all. I've only seen it like twice and never smoked it or tried it, The first time I saw it I was 24.

He told me he smokes it 1-3 times a day when he's off work. I asked what it did to him and he said it helped him relax and be more motivated after work or on his days off (I don't know if that's true, I've never tried it).

I asked if he used any other drugs and he said no.

What do you think?
>>
Make sure he has his finances under control. Other than that its all g
>>
>>17698145
>Would you date a guy who uses marijuana?
Why do people make threads about shit that are solely dependent on their personal preferences? He's just a fucking stoner.

>>17698155
kek
>>
>>17698145

1-3 times a day is quite high.
But there's nothing wrong with Marijuana. It's a personal choice. As long as it's not affecting his life in a negative manner shoot right ahead.
>>
>>17698145
You have to decide for yourself if you're okay with it, dude. I live in washington, so I've got a bunch of stoners around me. Some of them are fine, and actually need it. Some of them are fucking non-functional idiots of society.

You have to decide for yourself which he is.

In my personal opinion, daily is way too fucking much. I get a little tired of talking to high people.

But some people handle it well. I have one friend who is constantly stoned. I've never seen her not stoned, I don't think. She's fine. Has a really high tolerance. She uses it for her anxiety.

I can't really judge being dependent on a substance, since I take antidepressants and all. Same concept, I guess.

But it depends on what they're buying. It's better if he's getting just CBD stuff. If he's constantly smoking high THC (which I bet he is), like over 30%, then I'd probably roll my eyes.
>>
>>17698157
Why did you kek me?
>>
ITT: fucking squares

>he smokes 1-3 times a day when he's off work

You have no idea if that's 3 bowls (probably equal to one blunt) or 3 blunts. You just know the habit comes up 3 times a day. Who gives a shit if his life is in order?
>>
>>17698189
Yeah his life is in order. He's doing pretty well at his job.

No I don't know how much that is.
>>
>>17698189

A potential life partner gives a shit if their life is in order.

I smoke aswell once or twice a week and I was the one that advised her about this.
There's nothing worse than a stoner who drags you down you. You sound like one of them.
>>
Well you obviously like him enough while he continues to smoke weed three times a day, even though you didn't know about it.
>>
>>17698200
Let me put it like this: if he's still capable of speaking coherently and critical thinking, don't worry about it. He just likes to be high. He sounds normal as hell.
>>
>>17698200

Then everything should be fine. It sounds like a non-issue.
>>
>>17698205
I'm saying who gives a shit about him smoking weed if his life is in order you fucking dullard. You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>17698145

1-3 times a day is beyond recreational use, he's using it as a crutch for something, maybe he has some depression or anxiety. Having a dependence on any substance isn't healthy. But in saying that if you like who he is, both high and sober and you can learn to live with the fact he uses and being around it then it's not that big of a deal. I find people who smoke heavily in the long term are affected by it in some way, it makes whatever they are going through worse when they're not high, it zaps their energy levels or lowers motivation, impacts short term memory and concentration, not to mention most people spin it with tobacco so you have the smell/carcinogenic effect to put up with too.

I would suggest talking to him about why he really uses it, theres plenty of better and healthier ways to "relax", and maybe once you know the real reason (addiction/dependence) you can maybe help him work through it and lower his use to recreational levels (1-2 times a week).
>>
>>17698218
^This, except I wouldn't expect him to use it less than once a day. See it as "his" time. Any more than once is a bit odd to me.
>>
>>17698177
What makes you ask that? I see no reason for him to lie about his drug habits, and smoking 1-3 times a day is not really expensive, unless he goes for top notch weed every time, and not even then, depending on how much he makes.
>>
>>17698205
You are the biggest faggot
>>
>>17698241

Once a day really depends on the session, if it's one joint or one hit or what. My ex used to smoke once a day but it was basically a 3-4 hour window when she finished up with her activities for the day and got home to relax.
>>
>>17698145
You sound like the worst type of person. Drink bleach.
>>
>>17698218
>maybe once you know the real reason (addiction/dependence) you can maybe help him work through it and lower his use to recreational levels (1-2 times a week).
She really shouldn't kick of a relationship by putting herself into a codependent dynamic.
>>
OP needs to go back to being babyfucked by her dad
>>
>>17698264

I'm not saying to force change in his life, but get to know why he feels the need to get high 3 times a day, it would be the same if someone drank alcohol daily.
>>
>>17698281
There's definitely an important difference between

>Figure out why he does what he does, and determine if you're okay with that

and

>Encourage him to overcome his dependence

Recovery comes from within. You shouldn't go into a relationship with the intention of fixing someone.
>>
>>17698293

I recommended she see if she can accept that he smokes weed daily first, and if she can then she can find out the reasons why he does it and potentially work through those reasons with him. I'm sure the guy doesn't like that he has to smoke 3 times a day and blow money on the habit, if he could feel just as happy sober he would do it. It's not going in with the intention to change him, because acceptance is the first step to being with him anyway, but if eventually they can work through his dependence and peacefully find a way that has him using less then thats a bonus right?
>>
You all realize there's more to smoking weed than escapism, right?
>>
>>17698218
1-3 times a day is so normal for someone who likes weed. How many people have you actually known who liked weed?
>Having a dependence on any substance isn't healthy
You know what else isn't healthy? Not cheeseburgers. High information lifestyles, where we wake up with life demanding a clusterfuck of things, you gotta make money, pay bills, think about the future. Constant neverending social expectations. We all feel like everybody's in a frenzy trying to get the things they want and reconcile it with what everyone else wants. There is pop culture to keep up with and news. Everyday some entirely new kind of fucked up will present itself to the world, or you. Not everyone can handle this...Weed is the greatest coping mechanism that has ever happened to the modern world.
>long term effects
Yeah, most of these are true, but you know they are so subtle and insignificant, that we are still studying and debating the actual extent. A bad day is probably gonna knock him on his ass worse than too much weed ever will.
Yeah one day this guy will probably decide to stop smoking, but he really REALLY doesn't need you or OP to decide that for him.
>>
>>17698309
>but if eventually they can work through his dependence and peacefully find a way that has him using less then thats a bonus right?
I still don't like it, man. It's a bad road to go down.
>>
>>17698145
Narrow it down. Would you go out with someone who drinks 2-6 beers a day to relax and stuff?
I wouldn't.
And pot is even more draining on productivity and finance long-term speaking. At least, from what I've seen.
Make your own mind, but I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>17698393
kill yourself
>>
Absolutely won't date a daily user ever again. Weed dependency is really pathetic and sad, akin to watching people get fat because they "love food just so much". Everything in moderation.
>>
1-3 times a day seems like a lot to me. But as long as you otherwise like him and he seems like a responsible and stable person I wouldn't really worry about it.
>>
I smoke a lot of weed. It's probably not the most attractive trait, but I have lots of others. It's not the cornerstone of my personality, but I do smoke too much, I can admit.

But if the guy has his ducks in a row, who cares? If it's not actually impacting him negatively, there's no harm, yeah?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.