[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Midterm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Nervous.jpg (2KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous.jpg
2KB, 99x94px
How do I avoid taking a midterm I didn't study enough for? This was a childish mistake on my part, but I still want to find a way to maybe get a rewrite.

Is there any medical excuse I could go to the clinic for?
>>
>>17695341
Also, should I even show up and humiliate myself with a test worth 10%? Or simply try to scurry myself out of it, and if that fails, bust my ass for the remaining 90%?

FFS
>>
>>17695341
H...Help
>>
You don't? I've never heard of someone being allowed to not sit it and still pass the course. I've known someone who had to take it in a different city when their grandmother died.
>>
>>17695385

I'm not sure what curriculum you and your buddies have, but this test is either worth:

>25% and 65% final and 10% assignments
or
>10% assignments, 10% midterm, and 80% final

Having not studied, I'm evidently gonna be in position B.
>>
>>17695391
That's nice, but like I said, you almost always have to sit the midterm regardless
>>
>>17695398

I'm trying to tell you that the curriculum specifically says missing the midterm for any reason automatically puts you into the second option.

Its specified in the course outline.
>>
>>17695341
I don't know how good of an actor you are, but read up on panic attacks and anxiety. Go to your school counsellor/ GP. Say you've been awake for 3 days and finding it hard to distinguish between reality and dreams.

Don't ask for a note the first meeting. Contact them after and say it's all getting worse and you have midterm. Go to your student advisor and get the correct forms for extreme circumstances (I assume your school has a policy for this). Use the notes as evidence to back up the forms.

This stuff actually happened to me (it wasnt a lie) and they let me take the summer resit exam instead with no penalty. I only saw school counsellor not doctor.
>>
>>17695407
>>17695341
How does this even happen? Are you guys just manchildren take some responsibility
>>
Just take the L. Some points are better than none
>>
>>17695414
My genuine reason happened after being sexually harassed by my live in landlord, moving to emergency accommodation which was then flooded destroying 6 months robotics work. Then a best friend violent suicide, then a family death. In the space of 4 months.

Shit happens. I wasn't capable of focusing on anything. Good luck taking an exam when you're hallucinating from no sleep and not even sure if it's a dream or real.
>>
>>17695414
Thanks for the advice man.
>>
>>17695407
Do university counsellors generally have authority to write medical notes for missing exams? Wouldn't they be flooded with people like me who procrastinated studying?
>>
>>17695443
Since school counsellors are trained to spot people like you, if they think your story is by they won't help you. That's the reason their opinion carries a lot of weight.

I already saw my counsellor before I filled in the forms saying I was incapable. My incapable request was instantly denied due to lack of evidence.

I emailed my counsellor and said I don't know what to do, that I was panicking big time and could she help? She wrote me a letter to support to my claim. It was approved the next day.

They won't accept it if your problems are from exam stress, not at my school. You need to think of something else and whatever you do don't say you're suicidal (I actually was but got the feeling that was a very bad idea to admit).

This was real for me, so it was very obvious something serious was wrong. Find a good reason, summon up every bit of fear and anxiety you genuinely can, maybe don't sleep a night, you need to look genuinely fucked up.
>>
>>17695469
That's why im thinking I essentially have to go for some sort of medical note. Is there an excuse to visit my family doctor that is easy to fake?
>>
Just do it. If you're lucky you'll pass, if not and get a bad mark it will teach you not to slack off again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.