[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Much like 90% of this board I am a failure and a loser. My dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Rhombicosidodecahedron.jpg (114KB, 858x871px) Image search: [Google]
Rhombicosidodecahedron.jpg
114KB, 858x871px
Much like 90% of this board I am a failure and a loser. My dad has been paying for my community college tuition thinking that I've been studying for an engineering transfer program. In reality I failed my first calculus class and have just been taking pussy classes hoping to eventually get my AS degree and never transfer. I don't want to tell my dad because I'm terrified of the outcome and I've also been lying about my grades and am worried he will make me show me his grades. Please talk shit or just tell me to tell my dad or something.
>>
An associates degree from some community college is almost as useless as having no degree at all. I'd strongly suggest transferring to a 4 year college. Do tutoring if you have to, do whatever you need to do, but just get it done.
>>
Find a professional counselor on your campus. Should be included in your tuition. De-stress and vent to them. Try and get both academic advice for improving your grades as well as the matter with your father.

Keep your head up and stay strong. Life gives us shit sometimes but actively seeking others to call us little shits isn't going to be as helpful as you think.

Take an active approach to finding help via counseling at your school. Good luck.
>>
>>17695267
So you have discovered that calculus, and possibly engineering, are not for you. I consider that a valuable discovery at essentially a very low cost. (Imagine if you squeezed by, barely passing, and only discovered 5 years from now that it's not the field for you.)

Stay in CC. Take all the basic general courses (the ones that will transfer) and transfer to a 4 year school. In the meantime, figure out what field you DO want to major in. And tell your father.

"Dad, I know we were planning on engineering, but it is clear from my grades that it's not for me. Meanwhile, I have gotten interested in ____, and I'm doing pretty well in those classes. I'm looking into transferring to a 4 year school in _____, but the false start in engineering might slow me down a semester or two."
>>
you can do it bruh
>>
>>17695267
What kind engineering are thinking of? Do you have a interest in it? If you actually want to do it I would retake calc and talk to your professors about the best way to do well. Usually if they aren't dicks they will do everything to help you pass. I am at a 4 year rn and I transfered as well. the beginning classes are the hard especially if you don't have much of a stem background. But you will find that classes get easier as you go on. Also be careful of where you transfer cause I transfered to a hard uni and I'm dying now.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.