[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knuckles are skinned, work on monday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 10.gif (1MB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
1MB, 236x324px
The skin on the knuckles of my right hand is all gone, skinned off after an altercation Friday night (Someone assaulted and batteried me and I acted in self defense)

I work a white collar job. My hand is all fucked up.

What do I do? Do I wear gloves? Can I use makeup?

Freaking out here guys

enjoy gif
>>
>>17694036

My girlfriend has makeup should I just ask her to put makeup on my knuckles ? Will that work?
>>
Some options:
Call in sick
Wear gloves and say you might catch a cold otherwise
Put some foundation on it, if you don't have it take it from gf/wife/mum/neighbor/store
Wear something acceptable that covers your knuckles (partly).
GL!
>>
>>17694036
If you use makeup, set the liquid foundation or concealer with a powder foundation so it doesn't wipe off.
>>
>>17694041

>Call in sick

Unacceptable.

I guess I will just go with makeup, as I feel like wearing gloves will be offputting and weird.

Last concern I have: Are you SURE makeup will work? It won't come off during the day or something?
>>
Band-aids?
>>
>>17694051
You should use a liquid foundation and then top it with a powdered one. Won't come off guaranteed. I've used it on bad spots on my face etc never failed me.
>>
>>17694051
It should last, but take it with you for touch-ups just in case. I mean, I look like I have leprosy without makeup, but when I get done up for work, it will last the entire 8 hour shift. Just try not to wipe your knuckles on anything and be careful about washing your hands.
>>
>Freaking out here guys
Why? What're they gunna say?
>HOW DARE YOU HAVE BEEN IN A SCUFFLE! INJURIES OF ANY KIND ARE INTOLERABLE AT THIS WORKPLACE! GO TO HR IMMEDIATELY! YOU'RE FIRED!
Don't be a fucking moron. Shit happens. You might get a passing "looks nasty, what happened" question here and there but you're not fucking breaking a rule or something.
>>
>>17694057
I use Maybelline fit me as a liquid and H&M transparant btw
>>
>>17694057
>>17694059

Alright thanks

I will relay this information to this girl I know from the gym who knows how to keep a secret and doesn't gossip

appreciate it guys

>>17694052

5 bandaids on my knuckles? Why not just show up to work with the guy's blood still on my shirt
>>
Say you were working on your car.

If they ask for details say it was the coolant temperature sensor and it was right up against the fire wall
>>
>>17694060

>What're they gunna say?

'Your behavior violates the 'Conduct and image' clause of the contract that you signed when you began working here, pack your things'
>>
>>17694036
just put some gauze on your hand and go to work. If someone asks just tell the truth. If a woman asks she might think it's hot or something.

I used to train my knuckles for martial arts and they would regularly be bruised and raw, no one gave a shit.
>>
>>17694065
Nice one
>>
>>17694036
Wearing gloves would look a bit daft, and it would be pretty obvious that you were hiding something - plus you'd have to deal with people asking you why you were wearing them. Make up is the way to go, especially if you can get your wife to do it for you. You might find it'll sting a bit putting it on to an open wound, but it's not like there's a better option.

>>17694060
When you're doing a professional job, particularly a well paid one, you need to be doing everything 100% perfect 100% of the time. Probably wouldn't loose my job over it, but if I went to a client or board meeting looking like I'd been in a fist fight my boss would go balistic.
>>
File: 1392964672979.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1392964672979.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>17694036

>Someone assaulted and batteried me
>>
>>17694067
Literally can't happen for personal injuries. That applies to how you conduct yourself in the office and to make sure you don't represent the company and start some SJW kerfuffle.

>>17694124
I work a professional job, I have for the last 8 years. They seriously won't fucking care. Put on a bandaid if you're that stupid, absolutely nobody looks at some scraps and things twice about it.
Say you tripped and fell on some asphalt, I fucking guarantee you nobody cares.

You don't live in an 80's movie about high-powered executives breathing down your neck just itching for a reason to fire you.
>>
>>17694134

That guy is right anon.

I have aspirations of moving up here and that means my image and character, as well as the work I do need to be 100% perfect 100% of the time because there are other gunners working here and they are damn sure doing everything perfect all the time
>>
OP, this is as simple as saying you went hiking and slipped and fell and caught your hand funny on some rocks. You WILL NOT get fired. Unless you have some pending litigation against you for this incident, you're fine.

I work for a Fortune 500 company on the upper management level and we had a guy come in with a black eye. "Slipped and fell, hit my head," he said. It sounded like bullshit, looked like bullshit, but there wasn't anything we could do about it because nothing legal ever came up about it after, and it wasn't on property.
>>
>>17694134

>I work a professional job
>They seriously won't fucking car
You also have to understand different companies @ different levels of compensation have different corporate cultures .

I am not working at dunder mifflin selling paper products
>>
>>17694192

I'm willing to bet it fucked his chances of being promoted, ever or getting a raise, ever.

Which is what I'm trying to avoid with the makeup

>but there wasn't anything we could do about it

See, you guys were 'looking to do things about it'.

That's what I want to avoid. I do not want my boss to be 'looking for things he can about it'
>>
Seriously?
Lose your job over busting your knuckles when working on your car?
>>
>>17694036
Do nothing.
You'll look badass.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.