[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

good idea to go to ex's birthday?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>ex left me 4 weeks ago
>been no contact since
>her birthday is coming up in a week
>sends me a message asking if im coming

i really dont want to go because i still have strong feelings for her and it will probably kill me to see her

but some of my friends are telling me to go out of respect and whatnot.

good/bad idea? why?
>>
>>17693610

you don't owe her SHIT op
>>
>>17693610
Your friends are retarded. Listen, your ex broke up with you, she needs to be the one to put the work in if she wants to get back together with you. This means, she needs to reach out EVERY time you speak for a while, the first couple of times you hang out needs to be on your terms, and you need to worry about yourself, not her. Fuck her "respect". Respect yourself. If you did something wrong in the relationship too, that's fine, but she's the one who unilaterally changed the conditions of your relationship, so she needs to be the one to change it back if she wants that. Don't be her friend. Don't be there for her. She's going to be okay, and you're going to be okay. When you were no contact what steps did you take to improve yourself? How long were you together? What were the reasons behind her breaking up with you? If she contacts you, keep conversations to a two-three minute maximum. End every conversation with something like "Hey, it was nice hearing from you, but I have to run". If you still love this girl, if you want her back, or if you're definitely not over her in your heart, do not go to the birthday party. Stop looking at her facebook, stop talking to her completely, and continue improving yourself. Life's short.
>>
No.
>>
I dont know what instigated your breakup.

But if she left you, because she wanted something better, then you really shouldnt go.

If your friends think you have to show up to some birthday party to show respect, they either dont respect you, or you are all teenagers.

There is no reason for you to torture yourself and if they were real friends they should understand and respect that.
>>
>>17693633
>>17693638
they said 'because you were together for 1.5 years, and were a big part of each other lives. even though things didnt work out, you should still respect each other blah blah etc etc'

she left because of some issues we had which were 100% fixable. she was never able to get over them and eventually lost her feelings towards me. im still madly in love with her and obviously want her back.

i decided to go no contact because i know if we stay in contact i know it will be torture for me and will take me twice as long to get over her.

but you're right. i dont think im going to go. doesnt benefit me in any way.
>>
>>17693610
>but some of my friends are telling me to go out of respect and whatnot.
The fuck? She left you. Fuck them.

The choice is yours ultimately.
>>
>>17693672

Yeah man, if you want to reestablish contact with one an other, a party is not the place for it.

Don't make you drama in to a public spectacle.
>>
>>17693672

exactly it doesn't benefit you in anyway. In relationships always put yourself first and your relationship will prosper, women have no idea what they fucking want. Women are really only good for what they have between their legs, they've just been tricking/manipulating men into believing otherwise. You don't need women for shit but sex.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.