[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let down by a family member for bday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2623.jpg (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2623.jpg
410KB, 1920x1080px
I had a big dinner with family for my 21st the other day. My cousins fiance who I have known for about 6 years and have become quite close to didn't come. He was at a bar 15 minutes away from where I had my bday dinner. I found this pretty appalling that he couldn't even come with my cousin to say happy birthday at the very minimum (my cousin went to the bar after my bday dinner).

Is this extremely rude of him? I feel almost betrayed and I want to cut him loose. How should I let him know that I am not happy about it at all? I would cut him loose and consider him dead to me but since he is marrying my cousin I will have to see him many times. I just feel pretty hurt that someone who I thought of like family couldn't make the effort to even come..
>>
>>17693586
Did you invite him?
>>
>>17693595
This. Because if you didn't invite him and just thought he'd show up with your cousin, you have no call to be mad as he probably felt you didn't want him there.
>>
>>17693595
Yes I did. I've known him for 6 years and is basically apart of the family
>>
>>17693597
see >>17693598
>>
>>17693598
Have you talked to him about it? If you guys are close it should be something you can talk about.
>>
>>17693619
I'm close in that he comes to pretty much every family even and we get along pretty well. I don't really see him much outside of family events so I don't have an opportunity to talk about it, not sure I even want to desu
>>
You're assuming that his only decisions was "hang out with my fiance's cousin" and "just derp around at a bar." It's likely way more complex than that. He made his decision, and you should know him well enough that he wouldn't blow you off over something trivial.
>>
>>17693639
He was with he and my cousins friends at the bar. I don't think its too complex given he was at a bar 15 minute walk away
>>
>>17693586
If this is the worst thing that has happened to you in your life, you are a very fortunate person indeed. Stop whining.
>>
>>17693586
Don't hang out with him, obviously he doesn't like you that much. He was probably just being nice because he had to.
>>
>>17693808
I realize this is nothing major but its still not nice, besides problems are all relative. Its hardly whinging.

>>17694128
This hurts honestly. Hes been like a family member for years, sucks it seems to be a facade
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.