[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get people to stop thinking I'm gay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: smugboi.png (7KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
smugboi.png
7KB, 200x239px
Hey /adv/, first time in this board so apologies if this post is shit or goes against any rules or something

My friends all think im gay. No matter what I tell them, about how I'm into girls and stuff like that they still won't believe me and think I'm lying. They assume I'm just embarrassed of my sexuality and hiding in the closet.

This doesn't even just apply to my friends. I've had guys hitting on me before and I had to tell them I'm straight multiple times for them to leave me. A girl I confessed my crush to about a year ago also thought I was her gay friend all along.

How the hell do I stop people thinking I'm gay? I don't want to go through the trouble of changing my whole image because I've looked the same my whole life, and I don't talk like a stereotypical gay guy either. Im just relatively short, skinny, and have shoulder length hair.

I tried gymming a while ago but all I did was lose more weight and not gain a muscle. I have no time to work out now so just tell me all the things that would lead you to think that a guy is gay so that I can avoid doing those things or if you have any suggestions just say them please. Thanks :)
>>
File: IMG_0142.jpg (839KB, 3301x1803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.jpg
839KB, 3301x1803px
Stop acting like a god damn queer. This has nothing to do with getting /fit/, it's about your attitude and demeanor. If you have a high pitched squeaky voice and girly mannerisms there might be no hope for you. Have you tried being gay before? On a side note, why would you think going to the gym would help? There's nothing more gay than a man who is obsessed with his physique. Only women do that. Just stop giving a fuck, smoke cigarettes to roughen your voice, and be more assertive with everyone.
>>
>>17693583

Show us a picture of how you dress

>>17693648

>ld you think going to the gym would help? There's nothing more gay than a man who is obsessed with his physique.

so everyone on /fit/ is gay?
>>
>>17693648
Ummm ok? I'm not planning to get buff anymore anyway
>Have you tried being gay before?
What does that even mean
And is there any way other than smoking to lower voice?

>>17693657
Not going to post a pic but I just wear basic stuff, nothing too out of the ordinary

Mostly jeans/track pants with a shirt/sweater/tank top. And usually they are black/blue/grey

Most of the time i'll just wear a black sweater with jeans
>>
>>17693583
Cut the hair.

Skinny manlets can't pull off long hair.
>>
>>17693583
stop sucking dicks?
>>
>>17693693

Don't wear skinny jeans
>>
>>17693583
Chances are you have some camp mannerisms. There is nothing wrong with that in itself - there are a lot of people who are camp without being gay, and a lot who are gay without being camp. But in unsophisticated circles people are likely to equate the two. Either tone down some of the excess, or just be who you are, and screw 'em if they can't take a joke.
>>
Maybe you really are gay anon and you dont want to embrace it
>>
>>17693715
>>17693735
Ok then :( what pants do I wear instead? Are stuff like uniqlo chino pants ok?
>>17693733
I don't
>>17693761
I have a limp wrist... I don't know how it came about and the fact that my hands are small and fingers are thin doesn't help either. I've been playing guitar since I was a lil kid so maybe that screwed my hand up or something :(
>>17693763
DELET THIS
I'm straight tho for real
>>
>>17693788

Just don't wear skin tight clothes. You can wear jeans. Just don't wear them skin tight
>>
>>17693763
This to bee honest. On the other hand, what's wrong with people thinking you are gay anyways. It's not like you can't get job because of that or anything. Get over this jeez.
>>
>>17693860
Oh ok thanks :)
>>17693882
Nah i'm pretty sure i'm straight. And being viewed as a typical straight guy makes life easier than if a lot of people see you as gay I guess
>>
File: 1447643738811.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447643738811.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>17693657

>so everyone on /fit/ is gay?

Some of them might be closet fags, but most of them certainly run into similar problems as yourself. A lot of /fit/ are/were awkward beta males who thought that getting swole was going to solve all of their girl problems. If you go to /fit/ you'll see this isn't the case, as many of them bitch about how they still have trouble attracting women despite their "sick gains". Being masculine has nothing to do with looking like he-man; it's all about personality and the way you carry yourself. Some people just get a bad hand in this department with their genetics, but you can at least take steps to appear more masculine than you truly are. Some of this might sound cliche, but here are some tips:

1) Openly reject and criticize feminism. Don't fear appearing to be a dick around women; most of them will find it attractive and charming. Being an "ally", however, is one of the least attractive things to women. Many of them will deny it, but they are lying. However, there is a difference between being a classy dick and an obnoxious asshole. Avoid behaving like the latter.

2) Don't give women unnecessary attention. Make them earn your attention. If you appear too clingy and interested in them you will likely get relegated to the friend-zone. It's just a feminine trait you should avoid.

3) Don't get too obsessed with the idea of having a relationship. Women can sense desperation like a shark senses blood. It will always come off as unattractive and turn women off.

4) Don't dress like a faggy hipster. Looking like a thief/grandma only works for the most charming of hipsters. Avoid wearing urban outfitters bullshit, graphic tees, sneakers, stupid trendy shit etc. Some of the fags from /fa/ can point you in the right direction of decent looking, masculine clothing.

There are a lot more things I could mention, but this post is already too long. If you want to hear more let me know. I'll swing by later to see how the thread develops.
>>
>>17693891
>And being viewed as a typical straight guy makes life easier
It makes life more boring. Step up and learn to fun.
>>
>>17693788
>Ok then :( what pants do I wear instead? Are stuff like uniqlo chino pants ok?
>:(
>uniqlo chino pants

You're coming off as right now
>>
>>17694086
*you're coming off as gay right now
>>
>>17693583
That picture you posted is gay as fuck
>>
>>17693894
Alright thanks. The reject feminism part is hard though because there are bound to be SJWs coming my way and I may come off as a dick if I don't explain myself enough. Then again I'm not white so I can always pull the "non-privileged" minority viewpoint card I guess
>>17693897
How is it fun in any way? It is more interesting but having to explain yourself everytime with others still not believing you is troublesome and embarrassing
>>17694086
So should I reduce use of smiley/sad faces? And what's wrong with chino pants lol
>>17694101
Um ok thanks
>>
>>17693693
>starts his response with "Ummm ok?"
There's no hope for you OP
>>
File: IMG_20150925_181240.jpg (991KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150925_181240.jpg
991KB, 2592x1944px
>>17693583
I have a poster of Lana Del Rey in my dorm and people still don't think I'm gay. You have no excuse, faggot.
>>
>>17693583
tl;dr
fuck bitches.
>>
>>17693583
>>17693693
>>17693788
>>17694914
the thing is man, you just gotta stop being such a fruit cup candy-ass marshmallow bitch nigga
>>
>>17694922
Huh why? That sounds gay? In text only or also in speech?
>>17694928
So I should have more posters with hot chicks? No one ever comes to my room though :(
>>17694934
Only way I can is thru prostitution because I have no game with girls
>>17694954
What does that even mean?
>>
>>17694959
The way you communicate is pretty feminine, based on this thread at least. Did you grow up with a bunch of sisters or something?
>>
This girl thought I was gay.

Now we smashing.
>>
>>17695019
I have a sister but other than that I didn't play around girls or stuff like that. Most feminine thing I did as a child was play with barbie dolls and that was for a short period of time. Currently I'm not into traditionally "feminine" stuff like fashion or keeping up with celebrities and trends so maybe the way I talk is the factor. What makes me sound feminine exactly?
>>
>>17695025
Good for you :)
>>
>>17693583
Post pic
>>
>>17695091
Not gonna post a pic of myself on a site like this. Sorry dude :/
>>
>>17695101
>I'm too important to post an image of myself on an anonymous website that only weeb niggers browse

Whatever. At least I got bingo again.

/adv/ is too easy.
>>
>>17695110
Ok...? Never said I was important or anything but whatever
>>
>>17695126
>being
Post pic with blurred face?
>>
>>17693583
shoulder length hair is for faggots, so yeah dude. That's what people will think. And if you lift but don't gain weight, it's cuz you're not eating right/enough.
>>
Dude, show us a pic of yourself. You're bound to get real advice that way. Odds are you look like a twink. I know we've already gone a bit about it, but describing t over the internet isn't as useful. You have a bias to what you tell us, and we won't be able to isolate what's actually wrong.
>>
>>17695284
>>17695309
Will just a body pic be ok?
>>17695304
Yeah I got that. Just got my hair cut to normal length
>>
>>17693583
Don't act gay
>>
Well, I'm skinny, short and have long-ish hair too so at the first glance people sometimes (or often? not sure since you just don't talk about that kinda stuff usually) assume I'm gay but not my friends, lol. I mean, I go to dates with girls, when we watch something I often say girl X is cute and/or that I would fuck her, etc.
That'd be trying really hard to stay in the closet. Do you express your interest in girls in any other way than telling them you're into girls?
>>
>>17694928
this is the gayest thing i have ever seen

if i met you in real life and saw this, i would think youre gay 100%
>>
>>17696016
I don't go on that many dates with girls :( in the past year I've only went out two times with the same girl. I don't usually say stuff like that either. Not because I think it's sexist or anything, I just think saying stuff like that is kinda creepy
>>
>>17693657
>so everyone on /fit/ is gay?
no homo
>>
>>17695101
What the fuck do you expect to happen? This isn't a "le anonymous we r lejun to hack u 4 the lulz" kind of board, you blithering buffoon.
>>
>>17695315
Unless you suddenly bloom into full blown autism rage, no one will care
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.