[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people get pissy with politics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1703013-evil_anakin.jpg (35KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1703013-evil_anakin.jpg
35KB, 540x360px
Why do people get so offended when you talk about politics with them? was just speaking to some random person online and the discussion turned political. i stated some of my political opinions and he suddenly got really aggressive with. he believed in collective consciousness and was opposed to hierarchies. I stated respectfully why i believe in hierarchies. he got really pissy with me, started insulting me and left the chat room.

im kind of shocked because we having a nice discussion and he suddenly flipped on me.
>>
tl;dr
BECAUSE THE OTHER GUY IS WRONNNNG
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
also, enjoy eternally being in the lower echelons of the pyramid schemes you call hierarchies, moron.
>>
>>17693517
Pretty much this. People don't like being questioned or having to explain their beliefs and just get shitty about it.
>>
>>17693522
i get that people dont like questioning their beliefs but i dont see the need in getting really pissy. it just made him look really immature and diminished any point he made. i didnt mind him disagreeing with me.
>>
>>17693526
Some people are just so violently wrong it's enraging. If someone told me they believed in collective consciousness, or that they believed in heirarchies, they had better give damn airtight reasonings or I would sperg out big league.
>>
>>17693528
i think he didnt understand what i was saying desu. i was basically reiterating Nietzsche philosophy about hierarchies being needed to guide people and how less greatness is created when people are equal. cba going into detail because i dont want to get into another debate but you could probably google this stuff and find out. anyway, he was basically saying collective consciousness is right because anyone that wants power is greedy.
>>
>>17693535
The less greatness created when people are equal argument is fine.
Collective consciousness doesn't mean what he thinks it means (REEEEEEEEEE).
>>
>collective consciousness

What is he a fucking bugger?
>>
>>17693526
Some people just don't know how to leave a conversation gracefully. Some people won't rest until the whole world is on their side, others can agree to disagree.
>>
OP, believe it or not, politics have a major emotional component. Most of the time people don't support an ideology or another based on reason, but rather as if it were a football team. Same with religion.

People hate having to explain or question their beliefs.
>>
>>17693516
Religion, politics, and money are "bad" topics for a couple reasons.

>if there is a right/wrong dichotomy there is the possibility that you are telling the person they are living their life wrong.
>the best way to keep normies from getting smarter is to have them not talk or thing about the important issues.
>>
I just don't like talking about politics because it usually starts arguements rather than debates
>>
>>17693522

I personally love it. Sorry if that offends you, I just wanted to share my own experience.
>>
File: yJmnMjo.jpg (383KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yJmnMjo.jpg
383KB, 2560x1600px
>>17693516
I personally am having an existential crisis with trying to figure out which Political spectrum I should lean on. Should I lean on any particular Political spectrum? I don't know. Where do I even start? Please no one say start with the Greeks. I have to do something instead of nothing and I want to create a life that I am proud of. I want honor and I want to be a leader and create leaders etc.. I don't exactly know where to start and I think it has to do with my not knowing everything I could know about scientific kinds of things like what happened before ....the big bang.. Was there a big bang? SOMEONE REPLY PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>17694546
Well honestly if you desire the fullest understanding of political theory to see where you may fit you really should start with the Greeks. However if that is too much, I would suggest looking into some intro into political theory book to get started
>>
>>17693553
This is what's fucked about our world. So many people believe a system, yet don't know enough about it for even a basic arguement. Why believe anything at all then.
>>
because it triggers the part of their brain that goes "this person's from another tribe!" which is usually why they're so invented in the first place, for a sense of belonging
>>
>>17694546
??
Why do you need a political stance so desperately?
>>
>>17694546
well i got into politics from reading history. When it comes to politics i am often torn between different political philosophies.
>>
>>17693516

>hierarchies vs collective consciousness

Isn't this the plot to that one deus ex game that no-one liked? High brow stuff OP.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother about it too much, if someone gets pissy about your political opinion, when yours doesn't involve doing something horrific to the other side of the opinion, then that's their problem. Consider it a good warning sign.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.