[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robbed at work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: pepe_jap.png (217KB, 329x461px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_jap.png
217KB, 329x461px
Hey /adv/ my friend works at this smoothie/tea asian place (you know the ones with the bubbles at the bottom) but she works off the books and they pay her below minimum wage pretty much. today a group of people came in and robbed them, the shop uses her phone for the music and they took that along with trashing parts of the store. shouldn't her boss or the company pay for her new phone? shes pretty retarded and cant stand up for herself whats an easy way to get them to pay for it if they have to?

tldr: friend robbed at shitty workplace, shouldnt they pay for her new phone?
>>
they're stealing from her every time she goes to work and this incident was not even their fault. complaining about a phone but not her wage is dumb as hell
>>
Small claims court or file a claim with her local labor department if she's in the states.

She shouldn't expect to keep working there if she sues though. If she files a claim she can negotiate for unpaid wages and overtime as well.
>>
she said that they said there's nothing they can do.
>>
>>17692878
Who is they?

The employer?
>>
>>17692881
Yes
>>
>>17692890
She's pretty retarded in my personal opinion. She works for stingy Asians
>>
>>17692894
Hopefully I'm uploading these in the right order.
>>
>>17692897
Idk man
>>
>>17692899
Omg call the non emergency police line and ask them yourself what you should do.

Mention the minimum wage pay issue and ask about filing a claim with the state labor department or if there are any other options you can try.

Don't let her quit without being compensated or there is written proof from the state that her employer doesn't have to give her anything. If she leaves she has no case.
>>
>>17692908
She doesn't want to quit. She just doesn't understand that they should be paying for her phone because she was robed at work.

How can I convince her that they should be paying for it?
>>
>>17692924
She sounds like a bit of a pushover.

She's just letting her employer push her around. Tell her that her employer owes her and the employer is only saying there's nothing she can do because the employer is only looking out for herself and doesn't care about her or her belongings.

Does she want her phone back or not? If she wants it back she has to be assertive.

She can threaten to file a claim witht he police or small claims. There is stuff your gf can do to get what shes owed. She does not need to be pushed around like this jI mean esus if my phone was stolen because of a store robbery I would expect full compensation to the fullest extent of the law and be ready to walk out the door.
>>
>>17692946
Not my gf bro
>>
>>17692946
She filed a report with the police. Btw this is in chicago.
>>
>>17692951
Oh sorry.

Everything I said still applies. If you feel the need to convince her then you can use what I said but otherwise you can let her be a dumbass and just walk away if you don't feel like being invested any more.
>>
why would they be liable for her phone getting stolen?
>>
>>17692965

Your employer is liable for keeping you, the employee, safe while you're working.

They're liable for any damages caused or suffered while working if the employee is not at fault.
>>
>>17692965
Her phone was also being use for the stores background music
>>
>>17692973
Only within limits. Her phone being stolen during a robbery probably falls outside of those limits. Not the anon that you were responding to, btw
>>
>>17692991
If she's filed a police report, she'd be double-dipping if she tried to claim it off her employers
>>
>>17692999
It's the Chicago police department so she's probably not going to get her phone back...
>>
>>17693012
That's nice, but she'd still be double-dipping. The law lets you recover your losses once, not milk it for all it's worth. Plus, her employers really had no obligation to prevent her phone from getting stolen in a robbery
>>
>>17692973
>They're liable for any damages caused or suffered while working if the employee is not at fault.
no they're not
>>
>>17692991
>Her phone was also being use for the stores background music
that'd make it a tax deductible loss, but sounds like she's not paying any taxes
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.