[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List on resume or no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1257568869229.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1257568869229.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
This is probably an obvious answer to a dumb question, but here goes.

"The computer technician assists with (countnamehere)'s annual computer replacement project, provides computer and related equipment repairs, software upgrades, networking, and office work on a temporary basis."

I have a number of skills that are relevant that I've listed - however, while I have taken coursework for both A+ and Network+ certification, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to get those certs at the time. (Long story short, it was a high school class that offered a cert test at the end of the year, teacher went out at the last 2 months of the year for spinal surgery, and we were left with a sub that had an almost complete lack of computer knowledge)

My question is, should I list "A+ and Network+ course knowledge" in my resume, or just not list it at all?
>>
>>17691814
OP again, side note - if I get this job, I'll take the courses asap. Dunno if that would be worth mentioning in the resume, and if not, the
>>
>>17691814
Those certs are already the most basic for IT.

Saying you have knowledge of it sounds kinda tryhard to me thinking from their perspective but I'm not sure.
>>
Well I'm trying to say that I know the material, I just haven't taken the test yet to prove it. So yeah, sorta tryhard, but if I get the job, I'll get the certs asap so they're not thinking I'm just googling everything from under the desk.
>>
>>17691876
I understand.

I think a better way to put it might be to say that you are in the process of getting them or that you have a completion date set for them, kinda like a degree.

Even if you don't, it might sound more professional imo.
>>
>>17691897
Ok! I'll set it up like that, thanks anon!
>>
>>17691814
>>17691817
>>17691876
>>17692720
No. This poster is correct;
>>17691825
>>17691897

I'm not an employer for IT, I left that industry over a decade ago because it's trash on the east coast, but I can tell you from the perspective of someone who hires at entry level, someone who says they have knowledge of a cert, degree, or otherwise is usually someone who I dismiss if that's the "best" looking thing they have on their resume or application. If you have actual job experience, selling yourself as having a completion date (soon) for a cert is a good addition, but solo, it's meaningless because your A and Network + are high school level certs.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.