[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I if I've only been getting 2-3 hours of sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: shia.jpg (38KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
shia.jpg
38KB, 618x412px
How fucked am I if I've only been getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night and just lay in bed all night. Been going on for little over a week and a half. Curious as to what /adv/ has to say and because I'm too much of a poor cunt for insurance
>>
Try sleeping pills or weed.
>>
File: fgf6zoky1blzjckhvbvk.jpg (231KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fgf6zoky1blzjckhvbvk.jpg
231KB, 1800x1200px
>>17689928
Couple things:

Different people have different sleep requirements, so not everyone's the same. Some need fewer hours than others.

That being said, I used to think I was someone who could get by on 3-5 hours a night, but really I was just using that as an excuse to not change my lifestyle.

Today I try to get between 6-8 hours a night, and sometimes more on the weekends. BUT, like you, I was laying in bed awake a lot, and it sucked. So I started using 25mg - 50mg of over-the-counter Benadryl to fall asleep. I think this is a pretty benign medicine, and it usually helps me get to sleep easily.

Also, exercise helps a lot.

So I wouldn't say you're "fucked", but you might feel a lot better if you tried some exercise / light meds to help get into a 6-8 hour sleep routine. Sometimes you don't know how much better you could be feeling until you try it, cause you get so used to what 2-3 hours of sleep feels like.
>>
>>17689928
Also, I had a period some years ago where I got very, very little sleep. I started at 2-3 hours a night, then kept pushing it to less and less until I was getting almost none. This was largely fueled by amphetamines, but the resulting sleep deprivation was what caused the next phase: psychosis.

I'm not really an expert on this, but I was told I went into a psychosis from lack of sleep. It was sort of an ongoing waking hallucination that was becoming more and more "real" to me. Over the course of weeks, I started to obsess over these increasingly bizarre theories and projects...I did not realize I was going into psychosis until family members intervened and saw what I was doing. Had to be institutionalized.

Found out later that it's possible to go into psychosis and not be able to come back out, which is scary. While I was in rehab I encountered a guy in psychosis who seemed to be going deeper and deeper into it. He had to be put into a more serious facility. Luckily, I was coming out... cause I could feel myself losing touch with reality, and people were getting very, very concerned about my behavior. If I had kept going, it's possible I may have ended up in a padded cell. Anyway, that's what scared me into getting better sleep.
>>
File: 71k7PwHDfGL._SL1500_.jpg (221KB, 821x1100px) Image search: [Google]
71k7PwHDfGL._SL1500_.jpg
221KB, 821x1100px
>>17689928

I would try this tea if you can get it.

Make sure it's the same exact one. I can only speak for pic related.

Available at Walmart, Amazon.com, nutrional centers etc.

Good shit, but must be steeped for 15 mins. Squeeze bag when done before tossing. Cover cup with a small plate or something if your cup doesn't have a lid, this will keep it hot.

It really works though. Actually tastes great if steeped properly and you add a bit of honey.

Seriously, add honey, and it's perfect.
>>
its worse than medicine is currently aware of.
we know that it can cause mental illness, dementia, and a host of physical diseases including but not limited to adrenal disfunction, thyroid disfunction, heart disease, literally dozens of diseases. your body requires sleep.
>>
>>17689949
it's not benign; that class of drugs causes dementia. learn to sleep on your own
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.