[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College graduate but still no "real" position.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: drake.png (353KB, 493x395px) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
353KB, 493x395px
Basically graduated college almost 3 years ago. Shortly after graduating I was interviewing for what i thought my dream job was. Turns out its just my dream field and I was not so interest in that respective employer. I made the decision to look elsewhere.(Mind you I was never offered employment). I have been to countless interviews within that field not to be hired...and in the process for a couple more and I still have some ways to go. Thing is...my college degree doesn't mean shit to anyone...I apply for office jobs i qualify for only to be rejected...all I really ever hear back from is shit retail/ restaurant gigs. I'm starting to take it personal but i know it cannot just be me. Anyways anyone else in the same position? How can we market ourselves to prospective employees and bypass this 2-5 years of exp to actually get 2-5 YEARS OF exp.
>>
You have to network or get lucky. Don't count on the latter. I had crap, part-time jobs For 3 years after I graduated until a friend from college referred me to his employer. I was laid off from that positron after about a year during the height of the recession and remained unemployed for 2 years before training for a new field. In total, I was unemployed for over 3 years. Don't get comfortable after finding work. You can lose your job at any time.
>>
>>17689846
Thing is since I graduated I just worked shitty retail/restaurant gigs . All I want is something simple but requires some sort of challenge until my dream career comes. IDK how better to market myself. Im not even getting replies from fucking internships
>>
>>17689853
I worked part-time jobs too. The only reason I didn't work retail/restaurant is cause I didn't apply for those jobs. I was stubborn and refused to do the same kind of work I could've done before I went to college. I conducted surveys and was a wedding studio's assistant. I was a PA on a movie shoot briefly, but they didn't give a rat's ass about us and didn't pay us a dime, then they proceeded to lay off most of us (which was honestly a blessing). I was getting very little sleep when working for them.

If someone does respond about an internship, beware. They will probably exploit you to the nth degree. Know your rights.

Learn how to write a resumeā€¦or pay a someone to write it for you.
>>
>>17689879
>>17689853
I'm still not in my dream career, so don't expect that to just cone along. Think about what you can do that will put you on the push towards it.
>>
>>17689879
My dream career is kind of impossible to be fucked with in since it does require some sort of legality. I wont share too much but the places I apply are generally up to code if you will. Im not even expecting to be paid unless they can allocate some funds for y work...but I would gladly give 2 days a week.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.