[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to take a Compliment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Missandei.jpg (38KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Missandei.jpg
38KB, 540x360px
I'm trying really hard not to sound full of myself

I've always been an attractive guy, but ever since I grew my hair out from a buzz cut, the response has been overwhelming. I am terribly antisocial so I have no idea what to do when people (especially guys) flirt with me. How can I stop being so damn awkward all the time?
In a span of 10 minutes:
1-
>Hey Anon, do you remember my name?
>Can I play with your hair?
>*Plays with my hair while two others talk to me*
2-
>Hey, what's your name?
>You're hot as fuck
>Just joking, I-I mean not joking but-
3-
>I love your eyelashes
>What's your ethnicity?

What am I supposed to do here? I've drafted this several times in fear of coming off as conceited, but this happens everyday. I don't want it to stop, of course, but I would like to know how to not just sit there blushing and spurting out multiple thank-you's.

Not posting self, but I'm basically Missandei
>>
make a stock list of 20 pre-prepared responses that are dismissive but clever. Cycle through them.
Start with:
"hey, I love your hair"
"thanks, I made it myself"
>>
>>17689665
That's really useful, thanks. Though I guarantee a good bit will be extremely cringy.
>>
>>17689692
If making a list is too hard you could always just give a compliment back. See how people respond to it. Steal behaviors and responses that you like or found charming.
>>
>>17689708
I thought about that, but when I'm surrounded by four girls and a guy I'm 75% sure is attracted to me, giving out return complements can be pretty tedious and weightless.
This occurs at lunch, when the entire table does a reverse roast on me daily:
>"Anon's the type of guy to make a girl stop him from pulling out just by looking in her eyes"
Feels good man, tbqh
>>
>>17689643
just say thank you man there's nothing wrong with that response. If I get complimented on my appearance be it face, clothing, smell etc I usually say "thank you I try really hard" with a smile

my mom always told me not to downplay a compliment. they said that for a reason
>>
>>17689723
Yeah I had the same thing before I stopped caring about life and grew a beard. I just developed this ironic narcissistic persona that would agree with compliments and swoon over my own appearance as a coping mechanism for the awkward. Kinda cringe if you're not funny/can't get the timing right, but it'll stop the reverse roasts dead in their tracks.
>>
>>17689643
Post pic
>>
You're a lucky cunt, that's what you are. Don't complain about something that a billion people on the planet don't have but you do. Shut the fuck up and go enjoy the world.
>>
File: 1411529483899.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1411529483899.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17690153
My dude, I'm not complaining about it, just asking how to not be an autist when it comes to these situations.
>>
>>17689643
>I am terribly antisocial
You mean asocial. Anti-social implies psycopathy.
>>
>>17689723
>>"Anon's the type of guy to make a girl stop him from pulling out just by looking in her eyes"
That's some fucked up shit. Does she have stds or have she had any abortions?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.