[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out on your own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-09-02-08-16-55.png (538KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-02-08-16-55.png
538KB, 720x1280px
I want a fresh start in life and at this point I think it would mean to move to the capital of California where nobody would know who I am. I am not running away from legal trouble or family troubles. I just want somewhere to start all over and do things right after years of being a stoner. I have my car paid off and would move in with an aunt. She can also offer me a job at Carl's Jr where she is a manager. Assuming I have to pay 400 for rent and utilities. How doable would this be? At the moment I moved back in with my dad because I lost my job and nobody seems to reply to me for the job applications I submitted. Is there anybody out there who has moved out? What were the common troubles/hardships you encountered?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>17688859
You should totally move. You have a place to stay, $400 is easy to make in a month. You'll probably get free food at the Carl's Jr. Fast food is actually a really good place to learn basic job skills and working as a team.

You don't really become an adult until you move away from home.
>>
>>17688859
>common troubles/hardships
Loneliness is the biggest one. You don't know anybody and have a group of friends.
But this can also be one of the biggest advantages. Here is a chance to totally change the type of people you hang out with if you want to. You were a stoner before, now you can get friends that do cool stuff. It'll take some work, but no big deal.
>>
>>17688868
Thank you so much for the support. I am hoping to get my life together. I want to do something with my life. I am enrolled in a community college. I have finished my general ed so if all goes well I would be able to go through with everything. I am just scared of not having someone to rely on like I do now. It's just emberrasing that I live with my dad.
>>
>>17688874
Lmao even now I don't have any friends because most ended up in jail or army or are into harder drugs sadly.
>>
>>17688878
>I am just scared of not having someone to rely on like I do now.
This is actually the part that makes you grow up. It's totally scary, but after a while you get used to it, and eventually you wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>17688874
>totally change the type of people you hang out with
What kind of friends you have totally changes what you do most days, so pick friends that you want to be like.

So if you want to be an outdoors kind of guy, join a rock climbing gym. They aren't very expensive, it gets you in shape, and pretty soon you'll have friends that'll invite you to go climbing with them.

Or if you think you want to get into motorcycles, get an older bike $500 to $1,000 or so, and work to fix it up. You'll screw up a lot, learn a lot, and eventually have friends you met at the parts store or struck up a conversation with.
>>
>>17688928
I'm the athletic type. I used to skate but then grew out of it and ride bikes and now I do spin classes and boxing whenever.
>>
>>17688941
>I do spin classes
Mountain biking is huge in Boise. I assume it's pretty popular in Sacramento also. Groups of guys hit the hills almost every day. Real easy to make friends.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.